Alabama - Georgia | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama - Georgia

It’s almost as easier decision to go with UGA over OU and OSU, as the latter are almost identical resumes of teams that everyone knows aren’t as good as Georgia.

Georgia is a fantastic team, but they had their chance against Alabama on a neutral field today, and they lost. I personally don't want to see Georgia play Alabama on a neutral field again.

They can get around that by seeding UGA #3. And I'd bet they'd be a pick-em against Clemson.

They can get around that by seeding UGA #3. And I'd bet they'd be a pick-em against Clemson.
If this happens, I hope the Big10 and Big12 revolt and pull out of the NCAA. It's a joke a team can lose and move up.

Low key chess move by Saban. Allow UGA to stay close in an epic game and win it at the end. Takes away Clemson’s de facto bye game while Bama gets ND and plays the winner from that war of attrition.

I cannot see UGA getting in over a one loss conference champ. I think they are one of the 4 best teams but the committee won’t have the sack to do it

I wonder where Justin Fields goes if he transfers? He had a pretty interesting non-answer today when asked about that.

If this happens, I hope the Big10 and Big12 revolt and pull out of the NCAA. It's a joke a team can lose and move up.

When Kirk Herbstreit says UGA belongs in, that's interesting. If tOSU had any case then he'd be making it. Those who tried to make the case on air have tried but u can tell their heart isn't into it. They know they don't deserve it.

When Kirk Herbstreit says UGA belongs in, that's interesting. If tOSU had any case then he'd be making it. Those who tried to make the case on air have tried but u can tell their heart isn't into it. They know they don't deserve it.
It should be Oklahoma. I don't care how bad their defense is. The games should matter. If UGA gets in that effectively means they don't.

And by association, when you start to believe OSU doesn’t belong, you can make the case OU doesn’t belong. Two very flawed teams - One with extreme inconsistencies and the other with a very below average defense. Both conference champions with one loss. If one doesn’t belong, then maybe the other doesn’t belong... enter Georgia.

And by association, when you start to believe OSU doesn’t belong, you can make the case OU doesn’t belong. Two very flawed teams - One with extreme inconsistencies and the other with a very below average defense. Both conference champions with one loss. If one doesn’t belong, then maybe the other doesn’t belong... enter Georgia.

they both belong which is why there should be 8

the playoffs would be Bama, Clemson, OU, tOSU, Pac Champ, UCF, ND & UGA.

It should be Oklahoma. I don't care how bad their defense is. The games should matter. If UGA gets in that effectively means they don't.

ALL the games should matter. I'm wondering - if they don't expand to eight teams - if people will still be citing the conference championship thing 5-10 years down the line. That's just one of many criteria. It's the four best teams and it doesn't matter which conference they come from.

That fake punt was the worst playcall I've ever seen in football
It was idiotic. I don’t know how a coach defends that call. Trickery? Surprise? GA fund must be pissed.

What could the logic behind that fake possibly be? One of the worst play calls of all time.

I don't care about the call if you think you got the right look on defense, but when Bama kept their base defense out there, it's an immediate ABORT, ABORT! Baffling they still tried it.

He’s bringing in #1 recruiting classes and pushing Bama to the brink in his first few years. I think they’ll be ok, at least for now.

Not saying he's at risk, but he just lost a level of respect amongst the boosters. Let's not kid ourselves. We're talking big-time money when you make the CFP.

I don't care about the call if you think you got the right look on defense, but when Bama kept their base defense out there, it's an immediate ABORT, ABORT! Baffling they still tried it.

Yup. But if you know you are likely going for it, pick up half of it on third down and keep your offense on the field for fourth.

Georgia getting in would be a travesty. OU clearly deserves it. And it's better for CFB to have a Big 12 team in the playoffs.

Georgia getting in will make me (and I expect others), just a little less interested in watching - and it will further devalue the regular season and actually winning your conference.

Did the Cuse move up in the polls after losing in the last minute by four at number 2 Colemson? Georgia lost! has 2 losses screw em. They had their "playoff"

They call Saban the Belichick of college ball, and we saw another example of the opposing coach making bonehead decisions vs. NE/Bama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom