Alabama - Georgia | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama - Georgia

Let's look at whole body of work. If you're going to allow me to cherry pick three games I can find a way for East BumFluk to get into the CFP.

I literally answered his 3 best win question. How was it cherry picked?

All UGA had to do was win and they were in. Your posts are just devolving into

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s1100-c15.jpg

He’s picking three games because of what I said earlier about UGa’s best three wins.

Anyway I’m not really interested in the numbers because I don’t think PSU or NW are that good.

Understood. Comparing an SEC schedule to a B1G schedule is a joke.

I literally answered his 3 best win question. How was it cherry picked?

All UGA had to do was win and they were in. Your posts are just devolving into

ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s1100-c15.jpg

Your graphics skills are impressive. Your logic? Not so much.

All they had to do was beat Bama? lol as if that was like beating Northwestern or Texas.

Fair points. Committee is tasked with getting four best teams in. They've snubbed conference tourney winners b4 so that's just one criteria. You guys that keep mentioning tOSU are suffering from recency bias and haven't carefully looked at their resume.

I'm not suffering from recency bias. tOSU has a bad loss. tOSU beat a good Michigan team, but OU beat a good UT team. If everything else is equal between OU and tOSU, I would choose OU. Obviously, I don't have all the data in front of me so I am using what data I have. This is my opinion, I have not presented it as anything else.

To be plain, I would have Bama, Clemson, ND and OU in the playoffs. If Georgia gets in over OU, so be it. tOSU should be outside looking in, regardless of whether OU or Georgia is in. Washington, UCF and others are not good enough for the playoffs. My opinion, nothing more.

Your graphics skills are impressive. Your logic? Not so much.

All they had to do was beat Bama? lol as if that was like beating Northwestern or Texas.

OSU had to beat UM last week to have a shot and have to beat NW this week. We'll see. OU had to beat WVU last week and UT this week to have a shot. OU has done what they had to do. UGA has 2 losses and one will be very fresh in the mind of the committee.

I don't care for any of those teams truth be told but if UGA had beaten LSU on the road or beaten Bama today, they would be in. If all 3 were 11-2 I would be arguing along side you they are the best 2 loss team.

I'm not suffering from recency bias. tOSU has a bad loss. tOSU beat a good Michigan team, but OU beat a good UT team. If everything else is equal between OU and tOSU, I would choose OU. Obviously, I don't have all the data in front of me so I am using what data I have. This is my opinion, I have not presented it as anything else.

To be plain, I would have Bama, Clemson, ND and OU in the playoffs. If Georgia gets in over OU, so be it. tOSU should be outside looking in, regardless of whether OU or Georgia is in. Washington, UCF and others are not good enough for the playoffs. My opinion, nothing more.

I gotcha and my opinion is not far off from yours. I'd have UGA in over OU but if it goes the other way I won''t think its egregious. tOSU's schedule was soft imo and the way the Nebraska and maryland games played out puts their resume in an unflattering light.

You need glasses if you think the eye test supports OSU:p

Sure you can look at reaults, the eye test is about who do uour eyes tell you is best? OSU has the only shot at bama imo. Again, OSU has often not brought their A game, but they put 60 on the best D in the nation last week.

OSU had to beat UM last week to have a shot and have to beat NW this week. We'll see. OU had to beat WVU last week and UT this week to have a shot. OU has done what they had to do. UGA has 2 losses and one will be very fresh in the mind of the committee.

I don't care for any of those teams truth be told but if UGA had beaten LSU on the road or beaten Bama today, they would be in. If all 3 were 11-2 I would be arguing along side you they are the best 2 loss team.

I gotcha. I just think the whole resume and strength of schedule matter and that's where UGA has the edge imo.

I watched OSU play Neb, MD and Purdue. they failed my eye test. Miserably.

Its more about what a team is capable of. The only team that can beat Bama.

They play on the kid's table side of the conference. Once again, what's their best win?

I am with ya, their best win is vandy or UK. There ya go.

How's that 29 point blowout at Purdue lookin right about now?

Same as Clemsons loss in our dome last year. These are 18-22 yo kids, they are gonna stumble. OSU was purdue's superbowl and Clemson was ours. Mid level teams get unbelievably up for the top teams.

Kirby better win one at Georgia because this is his legacy.
He’s only got 1 more year of cruising through the SEC East... ;)

Soooo I just looked at OU’s schedule. That schedule is straight trash.

I think this could be closer than we think between OU and UGA.

Soooo I just looked at OU’s schedule. That schedule is straight trash.

I think this could be closer than we think between OU and UGA.

Trash??? I wouldn't call it trash... I beleiev it's like 30 something in strength of schedule. And Georgia is high 20s from what I saw on ESPN today. Not that different

Trash??? I wouldn't call it trash... I beleiev it's like 30 something in strength of schedule. And Georgia is high 20s from what I saw on ESPN today. Not that different
Does that include today? I’d think a game vs Bama would push Georgia up a lot higher.

I don’t see how anyone can look at their schedule through today, and think they are at all comparable.

Same as Clemsons loss in our dome last year. These are 18-22 yo kids, they are gonna stumble. OSU was purdue's superbowl and Clemson was ours. Mid level teams get unbelievably up for the top teams.

Must have been Maryland's SB too when they hung 51 on the Bucks and missed a wide open 2 point conversion for the win.

The problem with OU's resume is the nature of some of their wins. They beat Ok state by one in Norman on a missed two pointer, also beat Army in Norman in OT where Army dominated time of possession by 3 to 1, allowed 40 points and a million yards to a weak Kansas team also in Norman.

Seems to be a sliding scale in terms of criteria here. Now it's potential.

Lol, i get what you are saying and your argument is solid. Bottom line is 4 will never work long term. Gonna make the B10 stay home 2 years in a row, the team with the best roster behind Bama. OSU stays home and ND is idle with a pass.

The obvious answer is 8 teams, 5 conference winners, 2 at large, 1 G5. First 4 games on campus and then the bowls for the semis and champ. Its perfect. Takes care of all arguments and preserves the importance of the CFB regular season , which is the best and most sig in sports .

Lol, i get what you are saying and your argument is solid. Bottom line is 4 will never work long term. Gonna make the B10 stay home 2 years in a row, the team with the best roster behind Bama. OSU stays home and ND is idle with a pass.

The obvious answer is 8 teams, 5 conference winners, 2 at large, 1 G5. First 4 games on campus and then the bowls for the semis and champ. Its perfect. Takes care of all arguments and preserves the importance of the CFB regular season , which is the best and most sig in sports .

I agree with your eight team proposal. We're heading in that direction.

Georgia is a fantastic team, but they had their chance against Alabama on a neutral field today, and they lost. I personally don't want to see Georgia play Alabama on a neutral field again.

Georgia is a fantastic team, but they had their chance against Alabama on a neutral field today, and they lost. I personally don't want to see Georgia play Alabama on a neutral field again.
if georgia stays in top 4 they 99 % move up to # 3 as they can justify it by the fact that nd doesnt play in a champ game win or lose

if georgia stays in top 4 they 99 % move up to # 3 as they can justify it by the fact that nd doesnt play in a champ game win or lose
Geo would beat either OU and OSU hands down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom