Alabama or Oklahoma State? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama or Oklahoma State?

There are rumors out there that the Sugar took VPI out of nowhere. They must've been so impressed with all those ranked teams they beat, what a joke if true.

There are rumors out there that the Sugar took VPI out of nowhere. They must've been so impressed with all those ranked teams they beat, what a joke if true.
They travel fans. That's all that matters. Game is meaningless so its about making money. ACC sending 2 teams, that's a good thing! I like it!

OSU certainly has a worse loss. They also have ~3 better wins.
Bad losses are have more impact than good wins. You lose to Iowa State and you have no grounds to cry over a BCS snub, sorry. Rant over, I wish there was a playoff and they could settle it on the field. I do like Gundy and if it was OKlahoma St that got in, I would probably want them to win. But Alabama/LSU was the right move.

They travel fans. That's all that matters. Game is meaningless so its about making money. ACC sending 2 teams, that's a good thing! I like it!
ACC or not, I wish nothing but terrible things on VPI.

Alabama already had a shot to beat LSU, someone else deserves a shot against them

I agree with this. OSU deserved it.

Were there many cross conference match-ups? Arkansas barely came back to beat a pretty crappy Texas A&M team and Arkansas was the home team. Otherwise, none that I can recall. I've seen LSU/'Bama, the game sucked, and 'Bama couldn't beat them at home. I'm probably forgetting some though, and I know this doesn't prove much either.

What does a neutral field matter...they tie the series, and win the championship with one home loss, and one neutral field victory. Yay. That solves it. At least w/ OSU I could be somewhat content w/ the outcome.

That crappy TA&M team was in the Sagarin top 10 all year. Not that crappy at all.

Well, there you go! The 7th place Big 12 team was Top 10 all year. OSU was therefore playing in a kick-ass conference and deserves a trip to the title game more than Alabama.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/alabama-lsu_produces_lowest_tv.html

HA HA!! Took me a month but I was proven correct ! Lowest Rated BCS National Title game ever. You called me names, you attacked me over and over called my "theory" insane (I just call it reality) and I was proven 100% correct. The game was bad for business and it got no TV ratings...AS I SAID IT WOULD!
If it was that bad for business the BCS would be no more. TV ratings have nothing to do with anything, at least they shouldn't. Bama was the best team in the country and thankfully and rightfully so they got to play in the game. Check the ratings for all the bowl games. I'm sure you'll find they're down all the way around.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/alabama-lsu_produces_lowest_tv.html

HA HA!! Took me a month but I was proven correct ! Lowest Rated BCS National Title game ever. You called me names, you attacked me over and over called my "theory" insane (I just call it reality) and I was proven 100% correct. The game was bad for business and it got no TV ratings...AS I SAID IT WOULD!
Furthermore, if Oklahoma St wants to play for any championships in the near future they should be advised not to lose to teams like Iowa State.

If it was that bad for business the BCS would be no more. TV ratings have nothing to do with anything, at least they shouldn't. Bama was the best team in the country and thankfully and rightfully so they got to play in the game. Check the ratings for all the bowl games. I'm sure you'll find they're down all the way around.

TV ratings have nothing to do with anything? HA. You really are clueless on this subject. Just admit you were wrong and laugh at yourself a little. You were 100% dead wrong on this. Don't come off as bitter and angry. Man-Up!

TV ratings have nothing to do with anything? HA. You really are clueless on this subject. Just admit you were wrong and laugh at yourself a little. You were 100% dead wrong on this. Don't come off as bitter and angry. Man-Up!
Look at the ratings. The BCS bowl games were all down. Whether or not people watched doesn't change the fact that Alabama and LSU were the two best teams in the country. So according to you whoever draws best should get to play for the championship? Definitely not bitter or angry, I called it right from the get go--Bama was the best team and got to prove it.

Look at the ratings. The BCS bowl games were all down. Whether or not people watched doesn't change the fact that Alabama and LSU were the two best teams in the country. So according to you whoever draws best should get to play for the championship? Definitely not bitter or angry, I called it right from the get go--Bama was the best team and got to prove it.

You were dead wrong and are losing credibility by the second with being so stubborn not to admit it when the post history shows you are dead wrong. Just admit it and be a man and have some fun with it. You said the ratings would be normal and not be hurt by having 2 SEC teams and having 1 team in the game that shouldn't have been there. I said they would be horrible ratings, do terrible business, and the lowest ratings ever ever and I was proven correct. You=Wrong. Me=Right!

BE A MAN!

You were dead wrong and are losing credibility by the second with being so stubborn not to admit it when the post history shows you are dead wrong. Just admit it and be a man and have some fun with it. You said the ratings would be normal and not be hurt by having 2 SEC teams and having 1 team in the game that shouldn't have been there. I said they would be horrible ratings, do terrible business, and the lowest ratings ever ever and I was proven correct. You=Wrong. Me=Right!

BE A MAN!
Ok, the ratings sucked. Happy? Doesn't change the fact that the BCS got the two best teams to play for the championship. The fact you can't differentiate what I'm saying speaks volumes. The ratings were down for pretty much all the bowl games. But since you're enamored with high flying offenses and who draws best, we should pit Notre Dame and whoever the highest ranked offense to play for the title every year. And it wasn't the lowest ranked ever.

Ok, the ratings sucked. Happy? Doesn't change the fact that the BCS got the two best teams to play for the championship. The fact you can't differentiate what I'm saying speaks volumes. The ratings were down for pretty much all the bowl games. But since you're enamored with high flying offenses and who draws best, we should pit Notre Dame and whoever the highest ranked offense to play for the title every year. And it wasn't the lowest ranked ever.
1) Thank you for admitting you were wrong
2) I never mentioned high flying offense once that has NOTHING to do with anything.

Good day!

2) I never mentioned high flying offense once that has NOTHING to do with anything.

Good day!
Was I wrong in regards to the ratings--yes, but the ratings were down all across the board. I was correct in who and why Alabama was chosen to play. There's plenty of factors to why the game didn't get great ratings. The fact it was a rematch was definitely one of them, but so was the fact the game starts so late, etc...

I just don't understand why people wouldn't want to see the two best and most deserving teams in the country play for the title.

Good day!
Hey Stern, not to beat a dead horse-- but you do realize that it was the 2nd most watched college football game ever on cable right?

Hey Stern, not to beat a dead horse-- but you do realize that it was the 2nd most watched college football game ever on cable right?
Here's what is most telling: the powers that be have decided (apparently) to revise the whole BCS thing, mostly because of the worrisome trend of declining ratings--not just the championship game, of course.

But re: the whole LSU vs Alabama rematch brouhaha--it is not a good idea to have such a regional game as a national championship game. It's better to see contrasting styles. We really didn't need a replay of the November game, but that's what we got.

I would hope going forward that they would institute a rule about only league champions being eligible. (Note: I was totally against Nebraska's playing in the game when they had not won the Big 12, back in the early '00's).

And, by the way, the canard about how the current system protects the sanctity of the regular season was exposed again. It didn't matter who won the game in early November in Tuscaloosa--LSU and Alabama were playing again in January.

Here's what is most telling: the powers that be have decided (apparently) to revise the whole BCS thing, mostly because of the worrisome trend of declining ratings--not just the championship game, of course.

But re: the whole LSU vs Alabama rematch brouhaha--it is not a good idea to have such a regional game as a national championship game. It's better to see contrasting styles. We really didn't need a replay of the November game, but that's what we got.

I would hope going forward that they would institute a rule about only league champions being eligible. (Note: I was totally against Nebraska's playing in the game when they had not won the Big 12, back in the early '00's).

And, by the way, the canard about how the current system protects the sanctity of the regular season was exposed again. It didn't matter who won the game in early November in Tuscaloosa--LSU and Alabama were playing again in January.

While contrasting styles is great, it shouldn't be a bigger factor than getting the correct two teams in the game. I know it's matter of opinion, but I think it was obvious that Bama and LSU were the two best teams all year--the fact their regional and conference rivals shouldn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom