Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent

no chance he gets drafted but G League or international contract certainly make sense. best of luck to the young man

naaa, we're set at the 3 (Benny, Cole, Jimmy Jr) with Q possibly coming back (dont see him coming back to fight for minutes but)

Let me explain this very slowly. Just like AG. Neither Q or AG are getting drafted. I guess growing up they were dreaming of not getting drafted and toiling in the G league or playing overseas.

He definitely used his time at SU to show that he was capable of doing more than he did at Illinois. Wish he had another year to focus more and be more consistent both between games and throughout each game. If he works hard to match his athleticism with better judgement and consistent effort on both ends of the floor, he’d be a get for an NBA team. Hoping it all works out for him.

I guess growing up they were dreaming of not getting drafted and toiling in the G league or playing overseas.
1618250595234.gif

I wish Alan well in his effort to be drafted. He brought excitement for us in his games early to mid season for Syracuse. He has some skills that translate to the next level.

in my opinion, he did not learn how to play in a team environment, making the same mistakes over and over again. Catch the ball wherever he was and shoot. When he was on, he was great. when he was off, he could not find time to stay on the floor. Great leaping ability.

Good Luck, Alan in achieving your dream.

Last edited:
Let me explain this very slowly. Just like AG. Neither Q or AG are getting drafted. I guess growing up they were dreaming of not getting drafted and toiling in the G league or playing overseas.
Getting paid to play basketball in either of those scenarios. Not too bad, and definitely many kids dreams

He'll get a 2 way deal next year thanks to his dad's connections, and then it'll be up to him to see what he can make of his career.
Each NBA team is limited to only 2 two-way contracts. Not likely Griffin gets one, but certainly a G league spot is possible.

Each NBA team is limited to only 2 two-way contracts. Not likely Griffin gets one, but certainly a G league spot is possible.
They're limited to 2 concurrent two-way contracts.

Getting paid to play basketball in either of those scenarios. Not too bad, and definitely many kids dreams

Agreed.

The DREAM might be NBA, but if that avenue isn't available, and you can still pull six-figure compensation playing the game you love, then not a bad alternative.

And its not like either G or Q are giving up on their dream -- they're actively pursuing it. Just might not be a realistic outcome for either.

Right. Makes no difference.
But it does. Because in the course of a season an NBA team may have 4 players occupy the 2 two-way contracts, for example, if they dump the 2 players that were initially given the contracts.

Anyway, this is a stupid discussion.

No he's not, he's quitting college basketball.

Or maybe he doesn't want to transfer a second time to a third school.

And if he stays, he'll be competing with a 5-star for PT, which might further inhibit his pursuit of the NBA goal. As Jake points out above, it is very likely that he got "the talk" after the season.

So maybe instead of "quitting" college basketball, he's doing what is best for himself, under the circumstances at hand.

Last edited:
Would you repeat that, only faster this time?

Not unexpected, but sucks nonetheless. Best of luck to him. He does have some skills that could interest NBA teams but it didn't come together for him here and might never come together. Still, we've had worse players get drafted or get legitimate chances at making an NBA roster.