Albany Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Gameday...

Final stats SU 20-7:

1676077823150.png

1676077839893.png

anyone know what is up with aviles? hopefully just resting him for two games make sure healthy for maryland. This team def has improved from week 1 to this week all they need to do improve each week. Such young team should be nasty with young guys get year of experience. Great game good d good goalie good o and def statement needed to make in this game. I also wonder if they don’t even put us in ranks or even #20 until after maryland game or beat ranked opponent. After last year( can understand) feels like lax ranks guys really gonna make this team prove it. Which think this team can def do so.

anyone know what is up with aviles? hopefully just resting him for two games make sure healthy for maryland. This team def has improved from week 1 to this week all they need to do improve each week. Such young team should be nasty with young guys get year of experience. Great game good d good goalie good o and def statement needed to make in this game. I also wonder if they don’t even put us in ranks or even #20 until after maryland game or beat ranked opponent. After last year( can understand) feels like lax ranks guys really gonna make this team prove it. Which think this team can def do so.
Injury not sure what it is though

Got slashed on wrist last game. Wearing small brace on wrist tonight.

Great win. A good confidence booster. I wish we didn't have HC on Sunday - a nothing game that can cause sloppiness and risk injury before our first real game on the 18th.

Where’s all the Spallina critics tonight? It does seem odd to see his dad in the stands cheering when I’m use to seeing him coaching against SU along same with Dwan but they were both definitely bleeding orange tonight. Step 2 in the right direction happy for the players and the staff and was a great night in the dome

Totally stressful day... family, work, friends - what a trifecta. I actually forgot the game was on. WOW. That NEVER happens. Holy frickin.

Spallina….total disappointment, the next Jordan Evans/Griffin Cook, the Cuse offense would have been better without him….. did OK tonight.

Ya i noticed several posters are missing tonight. Freeking out about a bad 1st game was ludicrous. Kids an excellent player and will be a star here but he wont be alone, Birtwistle, Thomson, Rhoa, Hiltz etc, tons of great players.

Really fun game to watch, thought the team played well. Look forward to watching more games to see how they improve

Ya i noticed several posters are missing tonight. Freeking out about a bad 1st game was ludicrous. Kids an excellent player and will be a star here but he wont be alone, Birtwistle, Thomson, Rhoa, Hiltz etc, tons of great players.
I freaked out and was here to admit I was wrong.
I take it all back. Spallina looking like a true 22.

An off-season in the weight room will help our young players tremendously. The youth movement is here and we should appreciate it. With a different regime (and I am no Desko hater) many of these young players would be sitting behind upperclassmen for no reason…
You make an excellent point. Desko had a more old-school approach to players "earning" their playing time and waiting their turn behind the established starters. Like everything, his approach had its pros and cons. Of course, Desko didn't have a lot of highly touted recruits - those he did have he played in their freshman year - i.e.e Trimboli, Hiltz. Porter didn't start until his junior year.

I think this year's freshman class is showing their talent and will benefit big time from playing NOW. How quickly they will improve will be answered in the upcoming stretch of games starting with MD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom