All Michigan propaganda, all the time on ESPN | Syracusefan.com

All Michigan propaganda, all the time on ESPN

RF2044

Living Legend
Working out in the hotel fitness center this morning, and ESPNU was on the TV. They actually had an hour long show dedicated to Michigan, entitled "Road to the Championship: Michigan."

The show was an hour long fluff piece describing why Michigan was heading back to the championship 20 years after the final four. Some nameless commentator was describing how Burke is the best point guard of all time, and how it will be easy for him to attack the zone, because he's such a good penetrator. And here was the best line: "Syracuse plays zone, but it is a zone with man-2-man principles, so you attack it the same way that you can man-2-man."

And that their inexperience won't be an issue playing against us, on the big stage in the final four, but rather their inexperience is an asset--youthful exuberance will help them play "loose" tonight.

And of course, they have the blathering buffoon Dick Vitale on, reiterating how Michigan is perfectly suited in every way to defeat us. [Is anyone else excited to see Vitale picking against us?]

Now, in fairness, I don't know if ESPNU is going to have shows like this featuring all four teams, but I don't think that's the case.

Awesome--I love how we're being overlooked. I'm so tired of hearing about Michigan--can't wait until game time to shut these ostensible "experts" in the sports media up.

Edit: they followed up the Michigan hour long special with the Fab Five documentary; looks like they aren't going to give equal coverage to the other teams after all.

Working out in the hotel fitness center this morning, and ESPNU was on the TV. They actually had an hour long show dedicated to Michigan, entitled "Road to the Championship: Michigan."

The show was an hour long fluff piece describing why Michigan was heading back to the championship 20 years after the final four. Some nameless commentator was describing how Burke is the best point guard of all time, and how it will be easy for him to attack the zone, because he's such a good penetrator. And here was the best line: "Syracuse plays zone, but it is a zone with man-2-man principles, so you attack it the same way that you can man-2-man."

And that their inexperience won't be an issue playing against us, on the big stage in the final four, but rather their inexperience is an asset--youthful exuberance will help them play "loose" tonight.

And of course, they have the blathering buffoon Dick Vitale on, reiterating how Michigan is perfectly suited in every way to defeat us. [Is anyone else excited to see Vitale picking against us?]

Now, in fairness, I don't know if ESPNU is going to have shows like this featuring all four teams, but I don't think that's the case.

Awesome--I love how we're being overlooked. I'm so tired of hearing about Michigan--can't wait until game time to shut these ostensible "experts" in the sports media up.
I'm pretty sure they're doing one for all 4 teams!

When the Patriots won their first Super Bowl against STL, there was a Boston sports radio guy named Pete Sheppard on WEEI who'd picked against them all playoffs. During their live broadcasts you could hear the crowd chanting "Pete pick the Rams!". If SU gets to the final the SU fans needs to chant "Dick pick the ____" during their live broadcasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom