Complete Mismatch with Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Complete Mismatch with Clemson

Cuse12

All Conference
partially due to injury yes, but if these games against Clemson don’t put urgency in the staff to find a competent big bodied center then I don’t know what to say. I’m sure the staff knows obviously. This is a game McLeod is so missed. Would he have the capabilities of Hall? No. But we need a rim protector and that’s really bad luck he was injured. Regardless he wasn’t going to be the savior for us.

We are extremely flawed. We need proper matchups for us to do any damage in March. When in gods name will a program like Syracuse university be able to have a competent above average big man? It’s actually unbelievable how long it has been. It’s equivalent to how the OL for our football program is our Achilles heel.

Overall a solid year for reds first and I just hope we can build on this and add some much needed bigs.

F Clemson...

What was that chef hat doosher student crew put right behind the broadcasters screaming and whining on purpose over the playcall???

Absolute bush league and classless

If that's their MO, hope they go straight to the SEC.

F Clemson...

What was that chef hat doosher student crew put right behind the broadcasters screaming and whining on purpose over the playcall???

I get that but we would do anything for a player like chef hat… a bruiser who takes up space and can play

Urgency . it's not January.
Coaching ..
But he inherited recruits.
Who ... which ... he recruited.

We had an All-Acc center last year. We just didn’t keep him.
He was a good player absolutely. Not big bodied and did not take up space like a bacot, hall, or chef hat

That's nice.
I’m not trying to be argumentative for fun’s sake. Just my opinion that the students wearing hats and cheering on their team the way all schools do, they were not the reason a big bodied skilled big man had a big impact We desperately need help down low. It’s been a problem for a decade. Jesse flashed and was great last year but he still didn’t have the width. Clemson throws two big boys more stout, skilled and strong than anyone on our team. That’s a huge difference maker especially in March. We need help down low straight up.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to be argumentative for fun’s sake. Just my opinion that the students wearing hats and cheering on their team the way all schools do, alters the impact a big bodied skilled big man can have. We desperately need help down low. It’s been a problem for a decade. Jesse flashed and was great last year but he still didn’t have the width. Clemson throws two big boys more stout, skilled and strong than anyone on our team. That’s a huge difference maker especially in March. We need help down low straight up.

I'm not talking about their team. Obviously, they are more talented.

I'm talking about their bush league decision to drown out the playcall microphone with the loudest and most obnoxious students they could find.

They tasked someone to make that happen and it was bush league as F.

Shocking, really.

F Clemson...

Idk that’s coming off a bit like sour grapes.

I'm not talking about their team. Obviously, they are more talented.

I'm talking about their bush league decision to drown out the playcall microphone with the loudest and most obnoxious students they could find.

They tasked someone to make that happen and it was bush league as F.

Shocking, really.
Espn should have done something about that. Like have a producer tell the sports info guy, we won't be back if you don't clean this crap up now.

partially due to injury yes, but if these games against Clemson don’t put urgency in the staff to find a competent big bodied center then I don’t know what to say. I’m sure the staff knows obviously. This is a game McLeod is so missed. Would he have the capabilities of Hall? No. But we need a rim protector and that’s really bad luck he was injured. Regardless he wasn’t going to be the savior for us.

We are extremely flawed. We need proper matchups for us to do any damage in March. When in gods name will a program like Syracuse university be able to have a competent above average big man? It’s actually unbelievable how long it has been. It’s equivalent to how the OL for our football program is our Achilles heel.

Overall a solid year for reds first and I just hope we can build on this and add some much needed bigs.

It was last year.

I was at the game and ive been to my fair share of sporting events, there might not be a more ignorant fan base when it comes to understanding a sport, than the Clemson fans. Also couldn't believe how many very makeable layups we missed. Lots of easy ones that you have to make against decent teams. Anyways, F Clemson.

Maliq does a lot of things very well, but he has two weaknesses:

1. He is a poor interior defender

2. He does not have a go to move.

Part of the problem is that he is a 4 - 5 tweener and not a true center.

I keep going back to a few games ago when he hit multiple treys - I dont believe he has even tried one since then - why not ??

I was at the game and ive been to my fair share of sporting events, there might not be a more ignorant fan base when it comes to understanding a sport, than the Clemson fans. Also couldn't believe how many very makeable layups we missed. Lots of easy ones that you have to make against decent teams. Anyways, F Clemson.
On TV there was like 6 19 or old Clemson fans sitting very close to broadcast microphone. When we had ball they were sooo loud annoying and dumb it was unbelievable that they were heard the whole game. Never before. Good for them at game but c'mon hearing that on TV for the entirety.

On TV there was like 6 19 yr old Clemson fans sitting very close to broadcast microphone. When we had ball they were sooo loud annoying and dumb it was unbelievable that they were heard the whole game. Never before. Good for them at game but c'mon hearing that on TV for the entirety.

Yeah. Make ACC finals and we can get an at large.

Tough year and the team had loads of talent in spots starting JJ over Copeland is pathetic.

Maliq does a lot of things very well, but he has two weaknesses:

1. He is a poor interior defender

2. He does not have a go to move.

Part of the problem is that he is a 4 - 5 tweener and not a true center.

I keep going back to a few games ago when he hit multiple treys - I dont believe he has even tried one since then - why not ??
right on 2 counts. he's playing out of position. (he's a 4). and he plays out of position (too high out top).
does the 2 steals a game he creates out top outweigh the 10 + dunks we give up at the rim ?

Tough year and the team had loads of talent in spots starting JJ over Copeland is pathetic.
That is not the problem, but starting Justin Taylor and giving him extended run is. We are playing basically four against five on the offensive end, and his defense is poor to boot.
We have all of player, depth and team structure difficiencies.
How Red has got them to win twenty is a miracle.

Idk that’s coming off a bit like sour grapes.
Um no. You're coming across like you didn't listen to the game that was on tv. It was an embarrassment, I'd be embarrassed if it was an SU fan.

Today I feel ashamed to be a chef. F Clemson and their bush league broadcasting tactics, a setup for sure and sad.

I'm with your last sentence - everyone wants to move Justin to the bench but I think Cope over JJ is the way to go. I know he's local and was a 5 star etc etc, but I have been very disappointed in his game - weak handle, bad defender and don't get me started on his passing. I say again he is the worst passer I have seen play here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom