Complete Mismatch with Clemson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Complete Mismatch with Clemson

We need centers who can shoot 3. Not as good as guards, but they have to be a threat that can make three. Just look at Duke and Clemson. If we cannot duplicate and follow the trend, we will be always beneath them in the future.

We need centers who can shoot 3. Not as good as guards, but they have to be a threat that can make three. Just look at Duke and Clemson. If we cannot duplicate and follow the trend, we will be always beneath them in the future.
Hall is Clemson's best player in the past 20 years. Replacing him will be a tall task.

Jesse just went for 36 & 13 last night against TCU. And that’s with 12 missed free throws…..dude could have scored 45
But he’s “too thin” according to some numbskulls on here. SMDH

I wouldn’t say we need a center who can shoot a 3, although it’s a nice to have. It’s more so we need someone on the roster that can match up physically with any big in the country.

An important fact being left out is that they lost to TCU.
I wish Jesse well, but he’s had 5 years and the teams he played on never won anything.

He does not solve the issue in that we were overpowered by Clemson’s offense on Tuesday. Do we miss him offensively? Sure. Just based on what we’ve seen, I don’t know how much of a difference he makes in that Clemson scored 90 points.

He does not solve the issue in that we were overpowered by Clemson offense on Tuesday. Do we miss him offensively? Sure. Just based on what we’ve seen, I don’t know how much of a difference he makes in that Clemson scored 90 points.
Jesse on Hall, Maliq on Schieffelin, and Justin on the Pine would have made a massive difference.

Jesse on Hall, Maliq on Schieffelin, and Justin on the Pine would have made a massive difference.
I’m not going to disagree that on paper it does make a massive difference. Google Jesse Edwards fouling.

I’m not going to disagree that on paper it does make a massive difference. Google Jesse Edwards fouling.
I recall Jesse's fouling but he got better every year and stays on the court 29 minutes per game this year, which is exactly what PJ Hall plays. So he could have neutralized that 1-2 punch of Hall-Schieffelin. And then Maliq for 10 minutes at the 5 when Hall sits. The 1-3 still would have needed to play better, but that gives us a fair shot at it IMHO.

Either you have a professional broadcast ... Or you don't.
Our broadcast is second-rate. This is nothing new to Clemson fans...

partially due to injury yes, but if these games against Clemson don’t put urgency in the staff to find a competent big bodied center then I don’t know what to say. I’m sure the staff knows obviously. This is a game McLeod is so missed. Would he have the capabilities of Hall? No. But we need a rim protector and that’s really bad luck he was injured. Regardless he wasn’t going to be the savior for us.

We are extremely flawed. We need proper matchups for us to do any damage in March. When in gods name will a program like Syracuse university be able to have a competent above average big man? It’s actually unbelievable how long it has been. It’s equivalent to how the OL for our football program is our Achilles heel.

Overall a solid year for reds first and I just hope we can build on this and add some much needed bigs.
Ha! I was thinking of posting a thread titled, The center position is the O-line of the basket ball team. I guess I won't bother after your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom