All the JC transfer rumors can be put to rest | Syracusefan.com

All the JC transfer rumors can be put to rest

Although he did say he was going to Miami in May and he was recruited by them

Although he did say he was going to Miami in May and he was recruited by them
He could be just going there for a vacation...? That program is a load of crap this year anyway. Wouldn’t worry about it.

But JeremyCuse said he is very unhappy and expects him to leave. I’m so confused.
I really doubt that. Jalen said it himself multiple times in the live he loves it here, and had Brendan Paul a walk on here join and they were joking about about all the transfer rumors people were asking him on the live. He said Syracuse has the best fans in the world, etc, etc. lots of young kids joining the live and telling him to not give up, we love you here, don’t leave.

Yeah you don't leave a program like Syracuse when literally noone is in front of you your sophomore year. What kind of idiot would ask him this?

Don't be shocked to see him next few games. Particularly tomorrow. JB doesn't like exposing Buddy to hostile road environments there is a reason Jalen got minutes vs VT and Buddy didn't.

The thing I don’t get is why don’t JB just sit down with him and explain what he is and isn’t doing so he can improve and let him know hard work trumps all things. I’m not saying he didn’t but it looks like he didn’t. Hope he can turn our recruiting around a bit and be percieved as a kids coach which I’m pretty sure won’t happen but I want it too. Hop was great at that.

Yeah you don't leave a program like Syracuse when literally noone is in front of you your sophomore year. What kind of idiot would ask him this?

Don't be shocked to see him next few games. Particularly tomorrow. JB doesn't like exposing Buddy to hostile road environments there is a reason Jalen got minutes vs VT and Buddy didn't.
Uh, no. JB doesn’t like playing Buddy vs aggressive man to man Ds that play inside your jersey. UNC is not that. Buddy will play tomorrow

The thing I don’t get is why don’t JB just sit down with him and explain what he is and isn’t doing so he can improve and let him know hard work trumps all things. I’m not saying he didn’t but it looks like he didn’t. Hope he can turn our recruiting around a bit and be percieved as a kids coach which I’m pretty sure won’t happen but I want it too. Hop was great at that.
You seriously think JB hasn’t - lol. What other than a vivid yet negative imagination leads you to believe otherwise. You never even noticed that He sits next to JB during games? Body language, telepathic communication, rumors etc led you to assume what you posted?

Did u actually read my post that says I’m not saying he didn’t part. Have u ever known him to talk to the kids a lot and explain himself and the reasons. Hop used to do it for him all the time. Again I ain’t sure he didn’t but he don’t seem to be a talker if ya know what I mean. Not many leave that program and scream he is a players coach if ever. They respect him cause he knows his stuff but unless your in his favs then u may not get the talk. I have heard from countless guys he doesn’t say crap the assts do. I’m hoping he has changed that. Didn’t mean to offend ya as this is what I see. I hope I am wrong and he softens up in his old age.

Did u actually read my post that says I’m not saying he didn’t part. Have u ever known him to talk to the kids a lot and explain himself and the reasons. Hop used to do it for him all the time. Again I ain’t sure he didn’t but he don’t seem to be a talker if ya know what I mean. Not many leave that program and scream he is a players coach if ever. They respect him cause he knows his stuff but unless your in his favs then u may not get the talk. I have heard from countless guys he doesn’t say crap the assts do. I’m hoping he has changed that. Didn’t mean to offend ya as this is what I see. I hope I am wrong and he softens up in his old age.

I can say this with complete certainty. In all the one on one player meetings I have sat in on over the years, JB never tells the player what he expects from him or what he needs to do to get more playing time.

Not as certain about this part, but I think they typically talk about the which Denny's chef makes the best grand slam special.

Can't wait to have a PG next year in Jalen that can actually break down his defender, the floor will be spread even more next year with possible shooters and that is when our offense will flow. Already feel he is a better defender at the top of the zone than Frank. Really hoping he stays and develops a bit of arc on that J.

I can say this with complete certainty. In all the one on one player meetings I have sat in on over the years, JB never tells the player what he expects from him or what he needs to do to get more playing time.

Not as certain about this part, but I think they typically talk about the which Denny's chef makes the best grand slam special.
Has he ever given u a reason why. It befuddles me to know end. Hate to say it it kids now a days are very different than 80’s. I see why he isn’t playing and fully understand and agree with it but to not explain it is just weird isn’t it.

Can't wait to have a PG next year in Jalen that can actually break down his defender, the floor will be spread even more next year with possible shooters and that is when our offense will flow. Already feel he is a better defender at the top of the zone than Frank. Really hoping he stays and develops a bit of arc on that J.
Agree just needs to tighten up ball security cause he is so fast.

Wow! That's a bunch of assumptions.

I'm sure that JC knows exactly what JB feels and wants him to do. The perception he is not a "kids" coach is puzzeling. Those that show they can do it in practice get game time. That's the main criterion that he uses.

But JeremyCuse said he is very unhappy and expects him to leave. I’m so confused.

As I noted before I was told he is unhappy and thats why I mentioned that I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred. I didn't say he was a lock to transfer but from what I was told it seemed like a very realistic possibility. Secondly how many times has a player said something similar to this and then a few weeks or months later he bolts. I certainly hope he stays (god knows we need a PG bad) and realizes that he's going to get first crack as the starting guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom