Class of 2015 - All these kids can run and are athletic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 All these kids can run and are athletic

Good Points, I just don't see any others questioning the talent level of these recruits based on some very objective points. I'm worried. Most are just cheerleaders. Yeah!!! We signed another one. Without doing any basic research into what the industry thinks of them. If its June and we're filling up our roster with lower level recruits we all need to be concerned. Freeney, Jones' were all very good recruits with solid offers on their resumes. To indicate otherwise is doing a disservice to accuracy. Sheppard and Robinson would be their similarities.
If you did your homework you'd realize that Cuse was Chandler's only offer, Arthur had two others from Pitt and Rutgers...both were rated as two stars both below 5.4 which is a "high two star." Just throwing out the facts...

Good Points, I just don't see any others questioning the talent level of these recruits based on some very objective points. I'm worried. Most are just cheerleaders. Yeah!!! We signed another one. Without doing any basic research into what the industry thinks of them. If its June and we're filling up our roster with lower level recruits we all need to be concerned. Freeney, Jones' were all very good recruits with solid offers on their resumes. To indicate otherwise is doing a disservice to accuracy. Sheppard and Robinson would be their similarities.

Have you personally emailed the coaching staff to point out your questions regarding our recruits? Yes, they may not have long, impressive offer sheets but you still have to have trust in the coaching staff. B*tching and arguing with other posters is not going to change the fact that these players we're offered and have accepted the opportunity to play at Syracuse. So unless you plan on taking over for HCSS to personally dictate who Syracuse decides to bring in, keep it to yourself because ranting on this board is not going to change anything.

Freeney was a nobody from Connecticut. When he started as a freshman nobody even knew who he was. Chandler (if that's who Jones is) was a 2* with no offers. Art barely had any - rutgers, pitt. The lightly recruited kids from NY, CT, NH, Mass is anybody's guess. I'm not defending this current crop I'm just saying. If I was gonna have issues it would be about the 'under the radar' types from the factory states or factory high schools. Thing is though, most of these kids have all been seen or scouted in person from the staff. Its on the line for them, it's not like these are Nov, Dec, Jan offers trying to put a class together.

The corp of the staff with Shafer, McDonald, Bollough, Smith, Lea these guys have all been at BCS schools prior to Syracuse, and top ones at that (miami, michigan st, stanford, michigan, ucla, etc). They know what kind of talent it takes. And I have no doubt on Daoust (he's proven himself) when it comes to evaluating and coaching kids. I have some reservations but common sense says it's crazy to think they're offering/accepting BList kids this early.

Last edited:
Sudano said:

If it's June and we're finding possible impact players that we've identified early - despite the industry - I'm okay with that at this point.

If we end up whiffing on all these guys in two years - I'll be be first to hold these coaches accountable.

You can disregard the intelligence of the posters at your own risk. They are not mindless cheerleaders - they are just optimistic and looking for positive signs. Getting guys that we want early is wholly positive.

Freeney was a nobody from Connecticut. When he started as a freshman nobody even knew who he was. Chandler (if that's who Jones is) had like 3 offers if memory serves- us, BC and Rutgers, maybe Uconn. Art was the same if he even had those. The lightly recruited kids from NY, CT, NH, Mass is anybody's guess. I'm not defending this current crop I'm just saying. If I was gonna have issues it would be about the 'under the radar' types from the factory states or factory high schools. Thing is though, most of these kids have all been seen or scouted in person from the staff. Its on the line for them, it's not like these are Nov, Dec, Jan offers trying to put a class together.

The corp of the staff with Shafer, McDonald, Bollough, Smith, Lea these guys have all been at BCS schools prior to Syracuse, and top ones at that (miami, michigan st, stanford, michigan, ucla, etc). They know what it takes.
And I have no doubt on Daoust when it comes to evaluating and coaching kids. I have some reservations but common sense says it's crazy to think they're offering BList kids this early.

The last sentence in the first paragraph and the first two in the second are all that anyone should be reading. 'Nuff said.

I've never been a "cheerleader" for this program. I just trust the coaches and I've seen the system they use to recruit. It's very impressive, and each player has to hit a threshold to earn an offer this early in the game. Any kid we've offered I trust the staff thinks will become a contributor. Watching the tape, there are only a few kids I'm not enthused about in this class. Everyone else will be a dogfight to hold onto until the end.

Also, Austrian Robinson and Qadir Sheppard still haven't said no to us, and your statement about the Jones' is completely false but I know everyone else has pointed that out to you.

How many offers did Ryan Nassib have? (answer: 0) Justin Pugh? (answer: 0) Shamarko? (1, Louisville) Chan? (answer: 0)

I'll always try to be an objective, critical fan. If I like who their recruiting I'll say it. If I think they are missing on good prospects, I'll say it. It seems that this board is less discerning and will always just be happy with whom ever signs without separating the wheat from the chaff. I guess I'll have to look for another board who balances those factors.

Who are the prospects that you believe they have missed on by taking the players that they already have? There maybe one that I really liked that they missed on and that was Ozigbo. I don't see any others that they have missed on because the inn was full at a certain position. I guess you can lump me in with the ones who love what the coaches are doing so far and trust their evaluations of the players. I also believe that there is 3/4s of our commitments that will be pursued for poaching before signing day. I can't wait for the season to start; love the coaching staff!

You know last night when we were talking with Coach Day from BC...Shy asked him how recruiting was going. He said to us they are almost done. Now I believe they only have 7 maybe 8 verbals as of last night. But he said the next couple weeks after camp they would be done. He also explained they wont use all of their available slots in case a kid like Shy makes the grades and they want to get him on the team last minute. But I found it strange they considered themselves almost done. I asked him if he thought it was early to be almost done. He said the recruiting game has changed so much it has to be done before senior year starts.

See when you can't even straighten out who had what offers you might as well flush your credibility right down the toilet and again if you read the other thread I took the OL position and listed the offers for some of our "peers" versus what the SU commits are getting ... not much different however those lists for all those prospects will change throughout the year. It is too early to judge this class but based on history I'm thrilled they are getting kids early instead of taking flyers late on kids to fill out a class or still be short on scholarship caliber athletes.

Edit: Sorry did the comparison in this thread.

Last edited:
I'll always try to be an objective, critical fan. If I like who their recruiting I'll say it. If I think they are missing on good prospects, I'll say it. It seems that this board is less discerning and will always just be happy with whom ever signs without separating the wheat from the chaff. I guess I'll have to look for another board who balances those factors.
Good luck with that...you're not going to find a more balanced or knowledgeable board than this one. But, if you simply want negativity try the newspaper board.

You know last night when we were talking with Coach Day from BC...Shy asked him how recruiting was going. He said to us they are almost done. Now I believe they only have 7 maybe 8 verbals as of last night. But he said the next couple weeks after camp they would be done. He also explained they wont use all of their available slots in case a kid like Shy makes the grades and they want to get him on the team last minute. But I found it strange they considered themselves almost done. I asked him if he thought it was early to be almost done. He said the recruiting game has changed so much it has to be done before senior year starts.

just a heads up BC had 17 verbals going into today where they picked up another 3 or 4. I think they have 20 or 21 right now.

just a heads up BC had 17 verbals going into today where they picked up another 3 or 4. I think they have 20 or 21 right now.
Wow did they really I haven't been following them just kinda seeing what was being tweeted by espn. I guess that's why he said they were just about done lol

Sudano said:

If you've been reading Bam's posts, a parent who's in the middle of the recruiting process, you would see there are many flaws in the industry that you're relying on in your argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom