All-time shooting guards... who's ahead of D. Wade? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

All-time shooting guards... who's ahead of D. Wade?

I think Wade has peak all over Drexler; at his best I think Wade was possibly the second best player in the league. time will tell how long he can stick around as a solid player though.

Probably, though in '92 Drexler was probably the 2nd best player in the game. Runner up for MVP, and took his team to the finals. He just wasnt as good as Jordan.

First obviously is Jordan, followed by some combination of Kobe and Jerry West.

But then, how would you rank the rest of the all-time greatest shooting guards in NBA history?

You have (this is in no particular order and I'm probably forgetting guys)...

Wade
Drexler
Monroe
Gervin
Iverson (switched over to 2-guard the year they went to the Finals)
Miller
Ray Allen
Maravich

Thoughts on how you'd rank these guys?
Wade is a sciring guard, not a shooting guard. Cant shoot a lick :D

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Wade is a sciring guard, not a shooting guard. Cant shoot a lick :D

An endless list of better shooters than Wade. Goodrich, the VanArsdales, Rick Mount, Thompson played guard, Petrovich, in his prime Gnobelli

I'd say Jordan, West, and Kobe are the top 3.

Wade is in the next tier with Drexler, Iverson, and Gervin. So somewhere between 4th and 7th.

I'd say Jordan, West, and Kobe are the top 3.

Wade is in the next tier with Drexler, Iverson, and Gervin. So somewhere between 4th and 7th.
Gervin was a SF

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I really don't like Wade so I would probably put The Iceman and Drexler ahead of him just because but when you look at his numbers he is probably #4. The drop off from the first 3 is pretty huge though. It's like comparing the best SS of all time in baseball. Honus Wagner and then...who knows. Ripkin, Jeter I guess. Robin Yout, A-Rod? They both played half their time at SS. Sorry for changing the subject.
I will go Ripken, Wagner, and 0zzie Smith.

Ok I'm horrible with old guy positions then. In my mind I had Hondo as a 3. I guess I have no idea why. He was awesome though.

I'd put West ahead of Oscar though.
Havlicek played a lot at that 3 as well, so you're not wrong. Most of the 3s in those days were in the 6'4 to 6'6 range, some were even smaller.