Allen Griffin to stay on staff | Syracusefan.com

Allen Griffin to stay on staff

FrR5faoX0AQvftl

Honest question….should we be excited he’s back beyond the sake of consistency? Is he a solid recruiter / has he done a good job coaching up his positional players?

Love it. Glad AG is staying. But shave the chin fuzz. I’m just sayin’…

I wonder if Griff thought he had a path to AHC? If he did, I am glad he still decided to stay and did not take it personally. If Red knew he was going to be coach, I would think he already had a short list of who he would be asking to fill that final slot. Hopefully it's new blood from outside the Syracuse tree. Get some fresh eyes and perspectives.

Honest question….should we be excited he’s back beyond the sake of consistency? Is he a solid recruiter / has he done a good job coaching up his positional players?
I'd say Jesse is leaps and bounds ahead of where he was when he got here. I do not know how much of that is because of Jesse's natural ability and hard work, and how much is due to Griffins coaching, but I'm hoping a lot of it is griffins coaching :)

I'd say Jesse is leaps and bounds ahead of where he was when he got here. I do not know how much of that is because of Jesse's natural ability and hard work, and how much is due to Griffins coaching, but I'm hoping a lot of it is griffins coaching :)
I think it would be highly unlikely that AG didn't play a significant role in Jesse's development.

Once again I'll say that if Red wants Griffin on his staff, then it's good that SU made it happen.

The best thing SU can do is provide Autry every resource he desires. Then its up to him to make it work.
I don't disagree with what you stated, but the lurking question is: did Red keep him on because he is good, of did he not want to deal with the issues of getting rid of his long time fellow coach. Same could be said of GMac. To be clear, I'm just raising the issue not making a judgement.

I don't disagree with what you stated, but the lurking question is: did Red keep him on because he is good, of did he not want to deal with the issues of getting rid of his long time fellow coach. Same could be said of GMac. To be clear, I'm just raising the issue not making a judgement.

It's a good question. My feeling is they get along and have a pretty good synergy while being good coaches as well.

He’s a very good recruiter and a very good coach. Do you see how Jesse has developed over 4 years?

Our coaches have better reputations in basketball circles then they do on this board or within this fan base.

Red and Griff are tied at the hip. They’ve both said that they’re each other closest friends in coaching. Griff ain’t going anywhere.

Fair but I have to imagine that Autry understands the gravity of his hiring.

My hunch is that he genuinely believes in his assistants. Plus, he has an open spot to get someone who complements them.

I can't see him keeping Griff around just to be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom