Hobart start time moved to 3:30 PM | Syracusefan.com

Hobart start time moved to 3:30 PM

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

432962525_18423643933051115_8163750028078643986_n.jpg

Not sure I get moving the game up, the weather is supposed to be the worst in the morning and then trail off. If anything the game being played later would make more sense or moving it to tomorrow.
Bad move by Hobart. Should be moved to Sunday or played in the Dome. Disrespectful to SU and SU fans to schedule it the same time as the WBB game. Fans could have lived with 5pm with up to a 30 minute overlap. This does not seem like the best way to get Gary to agree to play again in Geneva any time soon. He sounded very reluctant to even do it this year in his presser before the Duke game.

Not sure I get moving the game up, the weather is supposed to be the worst in the morning and then trail off. If anything the game being played later would make more sense or moving it to tomorrow.
I'd have to guess they would rather play with it snowing and "warm" than later in the night without precipitation in the mid teens. I agree though that it would have been better to move the game to either tomorrow or Sunday. Heck should move it to Monday when it's supposed to be almost 50 out.

I'd have to guess they would rather play with it snowing and "warm" than later in the night without precipitation in the mid teens. I agree though that it would have been better to move the game to either tomorrow or Sunday. Heck should move it to Monday when it's supposed to be almost 50 out.
I guess they think the bad & cold weather will give them an advantage against the kids who practice and play mostly indoors. Short sighted.

Why no espn+?

Isn’t their league usually covered?

Doesn’t make sense 5pm still has the game end before it’s night time sure it will be dark.

There’s no reason to give them home games.

Other than the fact that we've been playing Hobart "home and home" for over 100 years. We've played 3 straight in Syracuse. It's their turn to host.

Yup, Bart deserves a home game every few years, you want to be fair. That said moving forward the game needs to be in April and as late as possible when it's at Hobart.

Yup, Bart deserves a home game every few years, you want to be fair. That said moving forward the game needs to be in April and as late as possible when it's at Hobart.

They have an indoor practice bubble, because their WLAX team is using it Sunday.

I don't think there are any seats (like Ensley), and it may not be set up for TV.

They have an indoor practice bubble, because their WLAX team is using it Sunday.

I don't think there are any seats (like Ensley), and it may not be set up for TV.

I think there are some seats but very little, wouldn't really be able to bring in fans. I agree it's unlikely they have it set up to transmit a live feed of the game as well. If your Hobart you want to play outside anyway, the weather gives them a huge plus against SU. SU really should have pushed to play the game on Sunday, weather looks significantly better.

Why no espn+?

Isn’t their league usually covered?

Doesn’t make sense 5pm still has the game end before it’s night time sure it will be dark.

There’s no reason to give them home games
I think their stream is free.

My daughter goes to Hobart, she is going to attend the game. I can't wait to look for her in the stands.

I guess I disagree. I think its important for SU to play outside, and teams like Army, Cornell, Vermont, Colgate, ie plenty of "northern" teams play outside in February and March. Yale and Cornell are playing in Ithaca on Saturday where it sounds like the weather should be similarly as bad as it will be in Geneva. I love the Dome and I think it serves as a huge advantage, but I also don't want the team to get soft. I think its a bit unrealistic to say "we aren't playing outdoor games north of the Mason Dixon line until April".

What is the link or website?

I guess I disagree. I think its important for SU to play outside, and teams like Army, Cornell, Vermont, Colgate, ie plenty of "northern" teams play outside in February and March. Yale and Cornell are playing in Ithaca on Saturday where it sounds like the weather should be similarly as bad as it will be in Geneva. I love the Dome and I think it serves as a huge advantage, but I also don't want the team to get soft. I think its a bit unrealistic to say "we aren't playing outdoor games north of the Mason Dixon line until April".

I don't have a problem playing outside but remember this isn't the NFL where the temps are getting worse as the season goes on. The tournament's in May, weather form a temp standpoint has never been a factor that I can recall in any of SU's prior tourney runs so its not like you need the team to get used to the cold to win a title. All those teams you listed are playing outside because they don't' have a choice, it's no surprise Cornell is building an indoor facility and other schools are considering it as well.

With playing every conf away game outside plus pretty much any other road tilt I don't see avoiding Hobart until April as soft I just think it makes sense. Again March 24th should in theory be somewhat decent weather but I also don't need Hiltz or Fig or someone else suffering a major injury because the field is iced over. With Hobart being so close, why risk a bad weather day when you can just play the game in April?

I don't have a problem playing outside but remember this isn't the NFL where the temps are getting worse as the season goes on. The tournament's in May, weather form a temp standpoint has never been a factor that I can recall in any of SU's prior tourney runs so its not like you need the team to get used to the cold to win a title. All those teams you listed are playing outside because they don't' have a choice, it's no surprise Cornell is building an indoor facility and other schools are considering it as well.

With playing every conf away game outside plus pretty much any other road tilt I don't see avoiding Hobart until April as soft I just think it makes sense. Again March 24th should in theory be somewhat decent weather but I also don't need Hiltz or Fig or someone else suffering a major injury because the field is iced over. With Hobart being so close, why risk a bad weather day when you can just play the game in April?

All good points. I guess I just feel like the weather can be unpredictable no matter what. If they have to play a tourney game in the pouring rain, I'd feel better knowing they've faced-off in not so great weather. I know it's highly unlikely that they would play a late season game in snowy/cold conditions, but I don't know if it helps the perception of the program if they are known as a team who won't play "anywhere, anytime". Maybe I'm a little tired of other people giving SU grief for playing so many early season games in the dome. I say bring it, but I'll be watching from the comfort of my living room, so, easy for me to say!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom