Class of 2015 - Alternative Recruiting Website | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Alternative Recruiting Website

Doctor44

2nd String
One of the big criticisms of the major recruiting websites is that their ratings seem fairly subjective and notably increase once a prospect is offered by a "powerhouse" program or after they commit to such a program.

http://www.rankbyoffers.com/2015fbplayers/ ranks players and teams by the number of offers players have. You could again argue that prospects who commit early have less offers and it isn't completely accurate. the webiste also weights how important an offer is (ie alabaman is more significant offer than new mexico state). SU is right now rated in the mid-40's.

Just something else to look at and think about. I know we have a number of players from the northeast, who we are their only offer, so this may hurt us. Goes back to trust our coaching staff with diamonds in the rough. I also think the recent syracuse.com article on recruiting shed some light on the value of prospects who want to be at SU to the staff.

One of the big criticisms of the major recruiting websites is that their ratings seem fairly subjective and notably increase once a prospect is offered by a "powerhouse" program or after they commit to such a program.

http://www.rankbyoffers.com/2015fbplayers/ ranks players and teams by the number of offers players have. You could again argue that prospects who commit early have less offers and it isn't completely accurate. the webiste also weights how important an offer is (ie alabaman is more significant offer than new mexico state). SU is right now rated in the mid-40's.

Just something else to look at and think about. I know we have a number of players from the northeast, who we are their only offer, so this may hurt us. Goes back to trust our coaching staff with diamonds in the rough. I also think the recent syracuse.com article on recruiting shed some light on the value of prospects who want to be at SU to the staff.

Was also ranked 34th last year - which sounds more accurate than 51st and 53rd knowing the number of kids we got with pretty good offers.

It's another way to look at things. But the problem with doing it that way is that there is little reliability in who really has firm committable offers. Kids stretch the facts big time with every site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom