Amazing Kaleb Joseph video | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Amazing Kaleb Joseph video

You know it's interesting that he admitted this. i thought that Joseph did well under Hop and went back into a shell once Boeheim came back. To me one of the greatest gifts a teacher/coach can ever have is knowing how to have their students/players succeed and what buttons so to speak to push.
Not true though. Kaleb averaged in Hop’s 9 games, almost 5minutes/GM, scored 2 points in those 9 games, shot 1 for 10 fga and had 6 assists and 5 turnovers. It was just overall a tough frustrating season for Kaleb despite us going to the Final 4 which perhaps made it even more frustrating for him personally.

So glad to hear that things are working out for him. He‘s doing so well continuing to excel and helping others in the longest part of his life which was always going to be after basketball.

Just through the first bit of it, and hearing Kaleb’s thoughts Syracuse prestige at that time and on Hopkins and his recruiting energy….. I want that back not gonna lie. Kaleb is a very well spoken person and this interview is great.

He transferred to Creighton and was a benchwarmer, sounds like he is blaming the coach. Really nice kid, just not a elite player like he was ranked A big recruiting miss as we probably passed on a better player.
It's all water under the bridge.
But he seems to have learned a lot from it.

Don't know what his plans are but perhaps he can become an all-star at coaching players on how to handle pressure and criticism.
He speaks their language from experience.

Many kids coming in to college as high school stars are going to be hearing that criticism for the first time.
And people keep hammering away on social media and forums like this one.

Ironically, the Orange certainly have enough former Boeheim point guards on the bench to be able to speak to players from their experience.

There always had to be something because otherwise it just didn't make sense how bad he was. High school tape showed an attacking player with great quickness who liked yamming on defenders. That player never suited up for us

Interesting post-SU addendum to his story.

JB can be hard on players.
How do kids play relaxed when they know that one bad play will result is a tongue lashing and benching? of course only certain players get that treatment.

How do kids play relaxed when they know that one bad play will result is a tongue lashing and benching? of course only certain players get that treatment.

Conversely, Boeheim has done a much better job this year of not ripping the players on the sidelines.

I'm not suggesting that there haven't been moments where he's gotten angry, but this season I've seen a much softer touch from JB -- an approach which seems to have worked better for a young team that needed to play through mistakes.

Conversely, Boeheim has done a much better job this year of not ripping the players on the sidelines.

I'm not suggesting that there haven't been moments where he's gotten angry, but this season I've seen a much softer touch from JB -- an approach which seems to have worked better for a young team that needed to play through mistakes.
OK, but it's also a fact that when you know you'll get pulled from the game if you make one play that may not even be your fault, it's got to be hard to relax and play your best. Chris Bell in particular gets this from JB.

He transferred to Creighton and was a benchwarmer, sounds like he is blaming the coach. Really nice kid, just not a elite player like he was ranked A big recruiting miss as we probably passed on a better player.
He literally said "If I had done the work you guys are doing now". He took full responsibility for needin to better deal with what triggered his anxiety and subsequent poor play. That was the entire point of that video.

The video with Devo shows what a smart, thoughtful guy Kaleb is. I hope he finds fulfillment in helping young athletes overcome mental health issues. It's so great that we're talking about these things now.

Good for Kaleb. This is powerful and important stuff. Kudos.
Thank you for a non TikTok version of the video. I will look like him up on iG.

Love the message. He has a great message and is engaging and articulate.

This message is good for parents and fans too.

Playing sports was huge for me. I thought it would be huge for my oldest as well. However, everyone is different, in their abilities and how they respond to challenges. It is hard to watch your kid struggle with performance issues. Be average. Watch other kids start later, be more into it and pass them by. As a first time parent, I had to change my ways. Now, with my other kids, we don't even push sports. Let them play, but only care about the fun they are having.

Last edited:
I hope the University hires this kid and puts him on staff. He could help all students, as well as athletes. If he had a class it would be packed. Great young man and I’m so happy he’s back within the Cuse family.

Or he suffered from the same anxiety / was never the same. Some guys don’t do well with a boeheim type of coach. A kid with undiagnosed anxiety? That sounds like a hellacious situation.

Glad he eventually got help. And even more importantly he’s helping others.
He was brought in to learn from Tyler Ennis. No one anticipated Ennis being a one and done player. The pressure on any first year young player to be ready to be the floor general following Tyler on an experienced team that started only one other freshman, McCollough (who went down right after January) had to be immense. Tough position for the young man in the year we self imposed an NCAA ban and all that NCAA stuff that was swirling around the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom