An Analysis of How we could possibly get in with a Loss. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

An Analysis of How we could possibly get in with a Loss.

Why us Monmouth a lock?
They're not at all.

2 top 100 wins
170ish SOS
50ish RPI
3+ 200 RPI losses

Our resume is better than theirs...They do have 17 road/neutral wins though

Why us Monmouth a lock?
Yeah I always respect Bilas' views but I don't get it. I guess it's their two Top 50 wins (Notre Dame (37), USC (45))? Both of which occurred within four days of each other on a neutral floor back in November. Meanwhile Syracuse has two Top 25 wins, which will go to three if the Bonnies make a run in the A10 Tourney this week.

One could say Monmouth's two Top 50 wins are impressive, but I'm not so sure three losses to Canisius (#222), Army (#212), and Manhattan (#226) - all of which occurred more recently than the two Top 50 wins fwiw - don't cancel those out.

Yeah I always respect Bilas' views but I don't get it. I guess it's their two Top 50 wins (Notre Dame (37), USC (45))? Both of which occurred within four days of each other on a neutral floor back in November. Meanwhile Syracuse has two Top 25 wins, which will go to three if the Bonnies make a run in the A10 Tourney this week.

One could say Monmouth's two Top 50 wins are impressive, but I'm not so sure three losses to Canisius (#222), Army (#212), and Manhattan (#226) - all of which occurred more recently than the two Top 50 wins fwiw - don't cancel those out.

They have a couple of nice wins, but some really bad losses, I think they should be in the discussion, but no way are they a lock.

We're doing a lot of juggling...but let's be honest.
If don't win against Pitt do we really deserve to be in?

That would be two "must win" games in a row that we lost...and a total of 5 our last 6.
The only win in there took our best player's game of a lifetime.
Seems hard to justify a bid.

Only one answer: Beat Pitt!
GO ORANGE!

We're doing a lot of juggling...but let's be honest.
If don't win against Pitt do we really deserve to be in?

That would be two "must win" games in a row that we lost...and a total of 5 our last 6.
The only win in there took our best player's game of a lifetime.
Seems hard to justify a bid.

Only one answer: Beat Pitt!
GO ORANGE!

You raise a good question, but I say hell yeah. Look at a team that might take our place and they certainly don't have a stellar record either. One could say that ANY of the bubble teams are or are not deserving. Looking at the total body of work (along with Boeheim's 9 game absence) and I say yes, we should be in considering what other teams around us that are on the bubble have done and that would be quite deserving.

It doesn't matter anyway because we are beating Pitt tomorrow and it might not even be all that close.

I am certainly no guru. Anybody who spends too much time on this, like I feel I have, can get a decent handle on it.

One thing I need to work on -- BEING MORE CONCISE!!!
Just FYI to all - Palm dropped Monmouth to one of his first four out after last night's action. And he's always right. Always. ALWAYS. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :D

I think the bubble being weak helps teams like Monmouth and Valpo more than p5 teams

I think the bubble being weak helps teams like Monmouth and Valpo more than p5 teams

It could -- this could be the year the NCAA decides to give them the benefit of the doubt rather than P5 schools. And I wouldn't blame them if we did -- if we lose our spot to Valparaiso and Monmouth I am fine with that. But I am just not sure if that will happen.

Col. Bleep said:
We're doing a lot of juggling...but let's be honest. If don't win against Pitt do we really deserve to be in? That would be two "must win" games in a row that we lost...and a total of 5 our last 6. The only win in there took our best player's game of a lifetime. Seems hard to justify a bid. Only one answer: Beat Pitt! GO ORANGE!

We deserve to be in if our mediocre record is better than other teams mediocre records.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom