An embarrassment for Louisville basketball | Syracusefan.com

An embarrassment for Louisville basketball

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Is this really what this world has come to. Old school me would jack up both the coach and player. New school me would just be happy that they won. I'm glad I'm retired so I don't have to hire/train/manage/engage these Gen Z kids.

Is this really what this world has come to. Old school me would jack up both the coach and player. New school me would just be happy that they won. I'm glad I'm retired so I don't have to hire/train/manage/engage these Gen Z kids.

Ok Boomer :)

seems like it's more an embarrassment for Ty-Laur Johnson.

I get it, some folks need their rituals and lucky blankies to feel ready and when they don't have it, they feel like they can't perform at the level they want to. Wade Boggs ate his chicken before every game.

Attachments

• 6674323_0.jpg
    6674323_0.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 38

It’s absurd. It takes a level of self control I don’t possess to not scream that kid out of the gym and off the team.

It’s absurd. It takes a level of self control I don’t possess to not scream that kid out of the gym and off the team.
It's the sad state of where we are as a society (might just be a country) prosperous times have created soft, entitled kids. I see it with my own Gen Z kids and I feel I raised them differently than most today. It's all a bout their self worth these days...who knows maybe they have it right

Last edited:
It looks worse for Payne - Why not just say he tweaked something and didn't think he could go but felt better in the second half? No one would question it. Now everyone who's recruiting against him will have standing to say that he can't relate to prospects. Then again, he might not be recruiting for much longer anyway.

It looks worse for Payne - Why not just say he tweaked something and didn't think he could go but felt better in the second half? No one would question it. Now everyone who's recruiting against him will have standing to say that he can't relate to prospects. Then again, he might not be recruiting for much longer anyway.
He did exactly what he wanted to do, if youre a recruit who wont play without your "fav-wit tights" then you're free to look past Louisville. Frankly, every school should be passing on a kid that soft.

I don't think that's right.

You're playing a team sporting, representing a university - so long as you are not being asked to do something that is illegal or dangerous, your comfort is secondary to your contribution to the team. If I was his teammate, I'd have a serious concern about him.

I'm not going to make a broader assertion like some, but the above is pretty fundamental.

I don't think that's right.

You're playing a team sporting, representing a university - so long as you are not being asked to do something that is illegal or dangerous, your comfort is secondary to your contribution to the team. If I was his teammate, I'd have a serious concern about him.

I'm not going to make a broader assertion like some, but the above is pretty fundamental.

Oh, I was referring to the tangents and generalizations. Criticizing the player for this is fair game. His decision was Charmin soft.

Oh, I was referring to the tangents and generalizations. Criticizing the player for this is fair game. His decision was Charmin soft.
I think its fair to criticize the coach also. Not for outing the kid, but for letting him play the 2nd half. #1 rule for any coach should be, barring injury or illness, you play when I tell you to play, you sit when I tell you to sit. If a player can't commit to that there is no need for them to be on the team.

Agreed.
This is totally bush league by him. This is something handled in-house, not exposed for ridicule to every media member and opposing fanbase in the sport.
And come to find out the kid had a groin injury and was looking for a certain type of tights that would help with the pain, and he only played after watching his team struggle in the 1st half.
Your first job is to protect your player, and your team. In this instance, Payne looks like he did neither. He comes out looking worse than anyone else, and adds to the obvious conclusion that he can't handle the job. JMHO

Last edited:
As a parent of a gen z kid, let me remind you all these kids didn’t form in a lab and self raise. Blame the parents and other adults in their lives who have made this acceptable.
My Gen-Z daughter can be infuriating.
Even when she's in the wrong about something, there's this need to let you know her "opinion" like somehow, that aspect being voiced and heard will color the outcome...somehow.
Imo, this all originates from her knowing no other reality then being able to go online, and having her posts seen and commented on by everyone watching.
I'm like "Your opinion is good and all, but it doesn't change the facts".
She's like: "Yeah, but you need to know how I see this issue, so u know where I'm coming from".
Aaaargh!

My Gen-Z daughter can be infuriating.
Even when she's in the wrong about something, there's this need to let you know her "opinion" like somehow, that aspect being voiced and heard will color the outcome...somehow.
Imo, this all originates from her knowing no other reality then being able to go online, and having her posts seen and commented on by everyone watching.
I'm like "Your opinion is good and all, but it doesn't change the facts".
She's like: "Yeah, but you need to know how I see this issue, so u know where I'm coming from".
Aaaargh!
We’ve noticed exactly the same thing. They have access to so much information but no experience with which to contextualize it.

We probably listened too much when they were young.