An embarrassment for Louisville basketball | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

An embarrassment for Louisville basketball

Such a difficult decision. Seems like he's doing a fine job.
Yeah, I'm not sure why an AD would need to consult the players in this situation. The team has been absolutely terrible under Payne. If any players leave because of firing him, so be it, they suck anyways. They could probably take an intramural all-star team and be just as uncompetitive as the men's team has been.

Yeah, I'm not sure why an AD would need to consult the players in this situation. The team has been absolutely terrible under Payne. If any players leave because of firing him, so be it, they suck anyways. They could probably take an intramural all-star team and be just as uncompetitive as the men's team has been.
Agree. Unless you truly think you have a team of all stars and Payne is just that bad, I'm not sure I'd weigh player opinion very heavily. But I really don't think that's the case.

Last edited:
I concur with everyone else ... What decision? 8-34 (190 W-L%) in around 1.3 seasons. They've pretty much lost to every team with a KP ranking higher than 200 and only two of his 8 wins were against P5 schools (a nice upset over Clemson last spring and third worst team in the ACC last season in GT).

"Hey Kenny, you're pretty much fired, but I want to let the players and the world know first via twitter and then I'll have the chat with you." Louisville fans seem divided that the AD should follow Kenny out the door.

I concur with everyone else ... What decision? 8-34 (190 W-L%) in around 1.3 seasons. They've pretty much lost to every team with a KP ranking higher than 200 and only two of his 8 wins were against P5 schools (a nice upset over Clemson last spring and third worst team in the ACC last season in GT).

"Hey Kenny, you're pretty much fired, but I want to let the players and the world know first via twitter and then I'll have the chat with you." Louisville fans seem divided that the AD should follow Kenny out the door.
The number of away games he won will become a trivia question.