And from Piscataway, NJ checking in at #21 in the CBS Sports Top 25+1 poll | Syracusefan.com

And from Piscataway, NJ checking in at #21 in the CBS Sports Top 25+1 poll

For the love of Pete, can we please get over the bizarre obsession with all-things Rutgers?
At what point will some in our fanbase stop riding their jocks??
We’re getting our hats handed to us by the likes of VTech and it’s “I know...let’s see what Rutgers is doing today”!
Just bizarre.

Last edited:
Perhaps worst of all, we've lost noted SU fan Todd Frazier (I know he went to Rutgers, but he's still a huge SU basketball fan):

11 seed per the bracket matrix. (the 10th BIG team in the tournament as of now).

It makes me feel bad, then I realize they have not been a tournament or probably not even a bubble team for over 30 years.

Perhaps worst of all, we've lost noted SU fan Todd Frazier (I know he went to Rutgers, but he's still a huge SU basketball fan):

What a frontrunner.
Edit: wait, Rutgers isn't in front of anything.

Honestly we shouldn’t care about this.
Last year we were an 8 seed and it was an underachieving season.
Congrats if they make the tournament I mean it’s not hard.
They should make the tournament that shouldn’t be a real accomplishment for a P5 team.

Lets see what other former clown opponents are doing better than SU... ahh... ummm... okkkk...all of them???

Unfortunately, SU basketball is no longer

1578586055819.png

11 seed per the bracket matrix. (the 10th BIG team in the tournament as of now).

It makes me feel bad, then I realize they have not been a tournament or probably not even a bubble team for over 30 years.

The last I remember them being close to tournament was 1999. They were probably in as of mid February and proceeded to drop their final three or four regular season games and went 1 and done in the BET.

Honestly we shouldn’t care about this.
Last year we were an 8 seed and it was an underachieving season.
Congrats if they make the tournament I mean it’s not hard.
They should make the tournament that shouldn’t be a real accomplishment for a P5 team.
seriously? r they a recruiting rival? do we get nj players? odd that many of the usual mockers,naysayers, and sarcastic comments folks have not commented on their improvement .
it is always amazing to see how short sighted some are, and do not see the bigger picture. they put rutgers down because of the name. and cannot see past it there will competitive impact in recruiting .
lets where they at the end of the season---they r not great but have made substantial progress ---wonder why that is??

seriously? r they a recruiting rival? do we get nj players? odd that many of the usual mockers,naysayers, and sarcastic comments folks have not commented on their improvement .
it is always amazing to see how short sighted some are, and do not see the bigger picture. they put rutgers down because of the name. and cannot see past it there will competitive impact in recruiting .
lets where they at the end of the season---they r not great but have made substantial progress ---wonder why that is??
Rutgers is year 4 under this coach. Not first or second year.
He is still career under .500 at the job.
16-44 in conference play so he better show the improvement he has this year.
They aren’t a lock for the NCAAT.
Congrats to Pickell for in year 4 getting his team to becoming a bubble team.
I really don’t see the need to single out Pickell’s job.
Ed Cooley took Providence College to the tournament 4 years in a row before last year. That is good coaching.
Providence vs. Rutgers isn’t that much different except Rutgers has football on campus and more local talent available to them.

Pickell needs to bring Rutgers to a sweet 16 for our board to even care.
They aren’t a recruiting rival for basketball.

Yay! Go Knights!

do we get nj players?
Yes, we do. Remember Tyus Battle? Tyler Roberson? Malachi Richardson?

I seriously doubt any of these players would go to Rutgers.

Let them put together 20 straight 20-win seasons and we can talk. But we all know that's not going to happen.

They aren’t a lock for the NCAA.
Ed Cooley took Providence College to the tournament 4 years in a row before last year. That is good coaching.
Providence vs. Rutgers isn’t that much different except Rutgers has football on campus and more local talent available to them.

oh sorry, i did not know your criteria. fact remains some never looked back at what they said and the manner in how they said it. yes, orangedw (and others re-read your posts). since when alsacs, do you speak for the board?
you have missed the point--- they may become rival--- several posters were rude, condescending and plain wrong. no one has said they are world beaters. lets just see what happens . pikiell is a good coach and has an uphill battle all the way including facilities.----by the way, i never even mentioned rutgers getting into the ncaa ---you did.

They aren’t a lock for the NCAAT.

The way SU has been recruiting lately - RU might be insulted if we called them a recruiting rival.

The way SU has been recruiting lately - RU might be insulted if we called them a recruiting rival.
Syracuse still recruits at a much higher level than Rutgers. They are doing this with almost all 3* and unrated guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom