And then there were three | Syracusefan.com

And then there were three

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Now that the dust has settled looks like there are three potential open spots to completely close out this years class and at least some indications that spots are being held for:

• Jawhar Jordan
  • Fitzroy Gardner
  • Duwayne Johnson
Pretty clear roadmap for closure (full complement of 85) but I suppose there is always a possibility that there may be an additional defection or two as the depth charts sort themselves out during spring ball as well.

Everyone really needs to move on from Jordan
Why? I thought I just read in his thread that he had some work to make up, and that he still plans on signing with Syracuse after signing day. Something about the ACT on Feb 10th.
Do you have inside knowledge, or do you just feel like he's B.S.'ing?

There's a receiver at Texas (Mapps) who just happened to have played for our new QB coach in high school who just happened to put in his transfer request... maybe we could give him one of the spots?

Why? I thought I just read in his thread that he had some work to make up, and that he still plans on signing with Syracuse after signing day. Something about the ACT on Feb 10th.
Do you have inside knowledge, or do you just feel like he's B.S.'ing?

He's still in play. The PS article said he is retaking earth science from his first year and received a D. The teacher was fired since there was a bunch of people that failed. If he does well, I think he will be here this summer, which he has already said. I also believe that we will hold a place open for him. You can choose to believe this or believe others who claim to be insiders but never offer sources.

He's still in play. The PS article said he is retaking earth science from his first year and received a D. The teacher was fired since there was a bunch of people that failed. If he does well, I think he will be here this summer, which he has already said. I also believe that we will hold a place open for him. You can choose to believe this or believe others who claim to be insiders but never offer sources.
I choose to believe he's still in play.

First of all, the insiders on this board have good sources. Secondly, it's not as simple as him just taking a freshman class and passing with a better grade. If he somehow ends up qualifying, the NCAA clearinghouse will be looking into it HARD. They don't just let magical qualifying escape them. As of right now, it will be very difficult for him to make it to Cuse. Furthermore, if Babers finds 3 kids that can come in a compete between now and summer (Highly likely) this kid is not getting a spot held for him. It is much more likely that the staff ends up bringing in Grad transfers, late JUCO type kids.

First of all, the insiders on this board have good sources. Secondly, it's not as simple as him just taking a freshman class and passing with a better grade. If he somehow ends up qualifying, the NCAA clearinghouse will be looking into it HARD. They don't just let magical qualifying escape them. As of right now, it will be very difficult for him to make it to Cuse. Furthermore, if Babers finds 3 kids that can come in a compete between now and summer (Highly likely) this kid is not getting a spot held for him. It is much more likely that the staff ends up bringing in Grad transfers, late JUCO type kids.
You forgot to say, "in my opinion." The only "sources" that have real knowledge are the staff. If you write for a blog, internet magazine, or the PS, it is your guess or opinion, which is no better than anyone else.

You forgot to say, "in my opinion." The only "sources" that have real knowledge are the staff. If you write for a blog, internet magazine, or the PS, it is your guess or opinion, which is no better than anyone else.

Believe whatever you want. I'm just telling you the reality of the situation.

I want Jordan to be here as bad as anyone else here, but at this time I've resigned to the fact that there is a 99% chance he is not coming here.

Believe whatever you want. I'm just telling you the reality of the situation.

I want Jordan to be here as bad as anyone else here, but at this time I've resigned to the fact that there is a 99% chance he is not coming here.
Why do you keep forgetting to say, "in my opinion?" Are you on the staff? 99% doesn't leave much of a margin for error.

I re-took GEO105, Rocks for Jocks during my second senior year so I could graduate.

A proud moment I always forget to mention when I’m in an interview.

Pardon the pun, but it was rock bottom. One of them anyway.

I re-took GEO105, Rocks for Jocks during my second senior year so I could graduate.

A proud moment I always forget to mention when I’m in an interview.
I retook a freshmen year calc class my senior year in college to get my gpa to be more enticing for job recruiters. Got a nice boost. But more importantly I found freshmen to pay for our house parties.

Oh and good luck to J. Jordan!

Was Dom Timbers the teacher?

Need to get on this Manvel slot wr that is transferring out of Texas. Any true fresh starting and catching 32 balls at a big school has to be a player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom