And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors

Somebody's got to say it - Lebron's numbers this series are off the charts, but it's pretty clear they get to a certain point in the game when they stop playing basketball and they just hand him the ball and see what happens, and that's inflating his totals.

Somebody's got to say it - Lebron's numbers this series are off the charts, but it's pretty clear they get to a certain point in the game when they stop playing basketball and they just hand him the ball and see what happens, and that's inflating his totals.
Golden State also single covers with occasional late help/shading. Contrast that to a double team, every time, on Curry. Taking nothing away from Lebrons insane numbers, he deserves them, but it's also a product of the Warriors gameplan.

Tristan Thompson is their second best player.

Giving the ball to Bron is the only option.

Without Bron, this Cavs rotation wouldn't make the playoffs in the east.

What choice do they have really? Lebron has been great, and his team still has a chance.

Riiiiight.

The 'ol Lebron has zero help and the roster is subpar argument.

Seriously? What other player is an offensive threat without Bron on the floor on the Cavs active roster right now?

Seriously? What other player is an offensive threat without Bron on the floor on the Cavs active roster right now?
Yeah, I subscribe to that too. He doesn't have a good team around him.

That's true in my opinion even when Love and Irving are healthy.

The Cavs offense is iso-Lebron, 3 point shooting role players aside from shook Shump and Thompson going Super-Rodman on the boards.

I think they can scrap their way to a win at home in Game 6. If Curry has an encore performance, this is over though.

The Cavs constructed their roster that way--I'm tired of the excuse, it's on them. And all I saw on this forum two games ago was how phenomenal Deladenova was, how Thompson was the best offensive rebounder ever, etc. They lose two games, and now all of the sudden the team sucks and isn't capable. What a revisionist difference a couple of game outcomes make.

It's a tiresome position. The Cavs have good players--Mozgov, Thompson, and a bunch of win players that are all capable of performing at a high level, as evidenced by earlier in this series.

Up until last night, GS never had momentum. They were lucky to win game 1, after trailing just about the entire game. Then they came out and played like crap the next two, both losses. Cleveland clearly had momentum, the fanbase was wild with excitement, and they had a chance to deal the Warriors a crushing blow if they could have held serve at home last night and taken a 3-1 lead in the series.

Instead, GS built upon their strong 4th quarter in game 4 and played better offensively, securing a decisive 20 point win. Now, they get to play at home, in front of their fervent fanbase, where they've been practically invincible this season [by NBA terms]--with a chance to take a commanding lead in the series in game 5.

Cleveland had momentum early in the series, GS has it now.

Momentum is the biggest crock of crap I've ever heard. You play well enough to win, you win. You don't play well enough to win, you lose. IF momentum did make a difference then how the hell does it go back and forth so quick in a 7 game series? Come on.

Those high screens are suddenly effective now that the Warriors are spacing the floor with the small lineup. They trap Curry, that ball moves, and there's just too much ground to make up for Cleveland's D. And Curry is back in a zone right now. That fall he took against Houston shook him up a bit, and Dellavadova gave him some trouble early in the series, but he got back to his normal self at the end of game 3.

Lebron's been great, Cleveland's role players have been great too, they just don't have enough scoring now that the Warriors made their adjustment and are scoring again. Unless JR Smith has one of his hit 7 3's games, I think Golden State closes it out in game 6.

Momentum is the biggest crock of crap I've ever heard. You play well enough to win, you win. You don't play well enough to win, you lose. IF momentum did make a difference then how the hell does it go back and forth so quick in a 7 game series? Come on.

There isn't anything in that rambling post that makes any semblance of sense.

If you don't believe in momentum in sports, I don't know whether it even makes sense to continue this dialogue.

The Cavs constructed their roster that way--I'm tired of the excuse, it's on them.

And all I saw on this forum two games ago was how phenomenal Deladenova was, how Thompson was the best offensive rebounder ever, etc.

It's a tiresome position. The Cavs have good players--Mozgov, Thompson, and a bunch of win players that are all capable of performing at a high level, as evidenced by earlier in this series.
They're definitely not as bad as everyone makes them sound. They all play high level defense and people want to act like that's not a skill or trait of a good ball player. Offensively they don't have anyone besides Lebron who can create but Love wouldn't have helped that, the guy they needed is Kyrie. Even then, I still don't know they win this series, in fact it's prob right where it's at right now.

They are cheap, can make open 3's, and are "Lebron guys".

More the latter than the former, is my guess.

Maybe they need to spend more time with Damon Jones, the Cavs' Shooting Consultant...

There isn't anything in that rambling post that makes any semblance of sense.

If you don't think that there is momentum in sports, then may god have mercy on your soul.

How do the Cavs have momentum after game one and being down a game in the series? So they win game two and now all of a sudden they have momentum to win game three? At that point and your logic the Cavs should have some sort of super momentum and take the series.

The Cavs constructed their roster that way--I'm tired of the excuse, it's on them. And all I saw on this forum two games ago was how phenomenal Deladenova was, how Thompson was the best offensive rebounder ever, etc. They lose two games, and now all of the sudden the team sucks and isn't capable. What a revisionist difference a couple of game outcomes make.

They also constructed their roster with 2 All NBA caliber guys in Love and Irving. A team missing their 2nd and 3rd best players is a big deal.

It would change the series...the Cavs played incredibly intense and hungry defense in getting the 2-1 lead, and they probably wouldn't have been able to do that with Love and Irving as the guys replacing them were some of the defensive stars of those games. But they'd have a heck of a lot easier time scoring, and Lebron wouldn't have to be superman with them on the court.

GS may very well have won any way(they were 67-15 for a reason), but Cleveland was a powerhouse the 2nd half of the season and are obviously not the same team without Irving and Love.

I hope to see GS win this, and I would love a healthy rematch that goes 7 next year.

How do the Cavs have momentum after game one and being down a game in the series? So they win game two and now all of a sudden they have momentum to win game three? At that point and your logic the Cavs should have some sort of super momentum and take the series.

Simple--they played better the first three games. That GS won the first one doesn't alter the FACT that the Cavs were the better team the first three games.

And true to form, the Cavs won 2 out of the first three. Then, the Warriors started playing better. Now they have momentum. Get it?

I don't quite get what you don't understand about this.

They also constructed their roster with 2 All NBA caliber guys in Love and Irving. A team missing their 2nd and 3rd best players is a big deal.

It would change the series...the Cavs played incredibly intense and hungry defense in getting the 2-1 lead, and they probably wouldn't have been able to do that with Love and Irving as the guys replacing them were some of the defensive stars of those games. But they'd have a heck of a lot easier time scoring, and Lebron wouldn't have to be superman with them on the court.

GS may very well have won any way(they were 67-15 for a reason), but Cleveland was a powerhouse the 2nd half of the season and are obviously not the same team without Irving and Love.

I hope to see GS win this, and I would love a healthy rematch that goes 7 next year.

Sure it would change the series. But the roster isn't as hapless as some would like to pretend. That's the Lebron apologist narrative.

Obviously they aren't the same with those players. On the other hand, maybe those players would have changed the on-court chemistry in terms of how the games are played. You don't just roll the ball out and have five all stars play.

More the latter than the former, is my guess.

Maybe they need to spend more time with Damon Jones, the Cavs' Shooting Consultant...

They've both always been good shooters. They're also both old.

They constructed a team with Kevin Love and Kyrie.

This team without those two is not good. Sure TT is a great ORebounder. Mozgov can be a solid contributor. JR is...well... JR.

I have no sympathy for them since LeBron is basically the acting GM.

But none of that changes the fact that this rotation minus Bron wouldn't make the east playoffs.

Bron scored or assisted on 70/91 points tonight. He is the whole team.

Simple--they played better the first three games. That GS won the first one doesn't alter the FACT that the Cavs were the better team the first three games.

And true to form, the Cavs won 2 out of the first three. Then, the Warriors started playing better. Now they have momentum. Get it?

I don't quite get what you don't understand about this.

I don't understand how a team that lost the first game of the series had better momentum after the game. I don't get how that makes any sense at all.

I also don't understand how it's a FACT that the better team lost. The team that wins the game is the better team in that game.

They played 2 overtime games, split those games, seems like it's been pretty close up until game 4, not sure how you can say momentum was anywhere, let alone calling it a fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom