And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors

One of those was super dirty and the other one was a play everyone would try and make.

I think Green is giving Lebron a run for his money for guy who complains the most

Agreed. The Green take down was right out of the beginners jujitsu hand book and has no place in bball. Just like that crap that Olynic pulled on Love. Grappling is grappling and you know it when you see it because it doesn't belong on the court.

This kick was certainly a missed call but its also good defense even if the kick is called. You can't fault a guy for that.

There is entirely too much whining going on for both sides. Its often the case in the playoffs because its a series and they want to be getting certain calls regularly. I do like that they have for the most part not been giving the offensive players the calls when they initiate contact although yeah pretty much everyone is using the off hand/elbow/shoulder on there drives in this series and none more so than Lebron. I think the play you were talking about was Iggy driving on a fast break and Smith was called for the foul. Iggy did push a little bit but Smith had yet to establish good position infront of him from what I saw.

One of those was super dirty and the other one was a play everyone would try and make.

I think Green is giving Lebron a run for his money for guy who complains the most

Agree 100%. Van Gundy said something about it during last night's telecast [something to the effect of, "This is getting out of control--guys are turning to complain to the refs after every single possession right now].

Agree 100%. Van Gundy said something about it during last night's telecast [something to the effect of, "This is getting out of control--guys are turning to complain to the refs after every single possession right now].

I'm surprised that coaches don't harp on this more, especially against teams that run. You turn your back on an inbound or an outlet pass and teams can get down the court and have a 5 on 4 in an instant.

I really wonder if some of these instances of guys complaining is just to catch a breath. I doubt it, but wouldn't surprise me.

Tim Hardaway Jr doesn't do it for you?
I'm kinda locked in on them going for Demarre Carroll.

Carroll at the 3? So potentially a Carroll, Melo, Monroe front line?

That back to back Lebron/Curry 3 point sequence was jaw dropping.
The best part about that was the shot by Lebron should have been a demoralizer, and instead Curry came right back with his own back breaker, right in the face of the series' darling.

The only thing that would have made that whole sequence any better is if Curry did the Sam Cassell "big balls" dance afterwards.

Agreed. The Green take down was right out of the beginners jujitsu hand book and has no place in bball. Just like that crap that Olynic pulled on Love. Grappling is grappling and you know it when you see it because it doesn't belong on the court.

This kick was certainly a missed call but its also good defense even if the kick is called. You can't fault a guy for that.

The Delly arm bar was bad. He could have seriously hurt Green. If he had dislocated Green's left arm, I think Green would have pummeled him with his right one.

BTW, for all the Delly fans out there, the shine has worn off:

Carroll at the 3? So potentially a Carroll, Melo, Monroe front line?

Well, I don't really want Monroe.

I think the Knicks need to play Melo at the 4, but Melo at the 4 and Monroe at the 5 seems like a disaster defensively. Robin Lopez might be able to provide a lot of what Tyson gave them in 2013, and try to put shooting around that + Melo. Though if they take Mudiay I don't know how that works. But I think the 2013 team is the template for what you put around Melo.

The Delly arm bar was bad. He could have seriously hurt Green. If he had dislocated Green's left arm, I think Green would have pummeled him with his right one.

BTW, for all the Delly fans out there, the shine has worn off:

I still don't understand how that was a double foul. What did Green get called for, falling while being dragged down?

There is entirely too much whining going on for both sides. Its often the case in the playoffs because its a series and they want to be getting certain calls regularly. I do like that they have for the most part not been giving the offensive players the calls when they initiate contact although yeah pretty much everyone is using the off hand/elbow/shoulder on there drives in this series and none more so than Lebron. I think the play you were talking about was Iggy driving on a fast break and Smith was called for the foul. Iggy did push a little bit but Smith had yet to establish good position infront of him from what I saw.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I loved the assist Bron gave to JR on the complaining. Really don't know if JR could have accomplished sufficient whining all by himself.

It's really tiresome. I hope someone, and Green would be a great candidate, gets called for a T for this and they all shut up.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I loved the assist Bron gave to JR on the complaining. Really don't know if JR could have accomplished sufficient whining all by himself.

It's really tiresome. I hope someone, and Green would be a great candidate, gets called for a T for this and they all shut up.

Green had to be close last night after he got called on the double foul when Della armbared him into a takedown. He was hot and rightfully so but Green is a very close second to Lebron in whining during these finals and he tends to be more demonstrative IMO.

I still don't understand how that was a double foul. What did Green get called for, falling while being dragged down?

I think the ref from behind called it and that was the problem. He likely couldn't see the armbar.

I believe the ref thought Green gave him an extra push once Delly fell under him, kind of smashing his face into the court.

I don't know for sure, however.

I believe the ref thought Green gave him an extra push once Delly fell under him, kind of smashing his face into the court.

I don't know for sure, however.

That's what I thought at first but after looking at it again, I think that was more him being dragged down by Delly. Harder to see real time of course.

I feel bad for LeBron. Dude is doing everything with D league scrubs and it's just not good enough.

I feel bad for LeBron. Dude is doing everything with D league scrubs and it's just not good enough.

You're just horrible at this. Or horrible at understanding basketball. D league scrubs? Wow.

You're just horrible at this. Or horrible at understanding basketball. D league scrubs? Wow.

He is just trolling. That is all I can think to call it.

Agree 100 pct on it being time to start throwing out some technicals to stop the chirping. Green should have a few by now. The cavs should have a couple too. Hopefully they do in game 6.

The knicks problems were not JR/Shumpert. Far from it actually. They were just a total mess on both sides of the ball with no real game plan. Again you are just trolling here...

They are shooting less than 25% on shots not assisted by LeBron. That's awful.

Poor performance vs a lack of talent are two very different things. The Cavs lost some of their chemistry with the loss of Irving in addition to losing his talent. But to call these guys scrubs when they have been pivotal to driving the Cavs success this year is pure ignorance. The rotations that Blatt has out there have been questionable in their own right. He has guys collecting splinters who could give them minutes. Guys Lebron "wanted" on his squad.

With Dellevadova they took a major step back in talent but did gain a bit on defense, especially vs Curry. Again Lebron is the best in the game no doubt and is having an incredible series. But to call this cast scrubs is total ignorance. They helped him get the CAVS here and all the sudden they have some trouble vs the team who was the best team in the NBA this year and they are scrubs??? Come on..

If all you are concerned about is shooting, especially when talking about a guy like Shumpert, then again, I say you are horrible at this. Go troll elsewhere little man.

Like you are claiming Shump, JR and Delly are the reason the Cavs have been successful this year and you say I'm the one trolling...

WtErusa.png

Like you are claiming Shump, JR and Delly are the reason the Cavs have been successful this year and you say I'm the one trolling...

No that would be your failure to comprehend the statement as it was written. Nowhere did I say they were the reason. That is all you pal. Not sure what planet you are on right now but its clearly far away from what is actually being posted on here. As VT said you aren't very good at this. Quite frankly he is being nice just putting it that way. You are lost...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom