And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

And then there were two, the Cavs and Warriors

Do you watch the Bucks? Following them develop has been really interesting. Aggressive D. Switching on everything. Guys 1-4 that can almost guard interchangeably. It's a fun team to follow.

Warriors are like that too, and even crazier with Green at the 5.

Warriors are like that too, and even crazier with Green at the 5.

Yeah, I just feel like you know what you are getting with GSW, which is basketball I love to watch that has the constant movement, able to kill you a million different ways, players that can all pass, shoot, etc.

Bucks have a LOT of potential and are in the East. I know no superstar would go there most likely, but with Giannis, Jabari, et al, it should be a really attractive place for FAs (minus it being in Milwaukee).

Yeah, I just feel like you know what you are getting with GSW, which is basketball I love to watch that has the constant movement, able to kill you a million different ways, players that can all pass, shoot, etc.

Bucks have a LOT of potential and are in the East. I know no superstar would go there most likely, but with Giannis, Jabari, et al, it should be a really attractive place for FAs (minus it being in Milwaukee).
That's one weird thing to me NBA vs NFL. NFL guys follow the dollars and the fit. NBA, market matters so much.

So heres a question - who is more poorly run right now the Knicks or the Sixers? The knicks are a mess on so many levels. Jackson will need to be gandalf to put this back together...

Thinking Jackson is part of the problem if he sticks with the triangle.

I concur. He just isn't going to be able to put the pieces together to make it effective. Add to the fact the game has changed so much since the last time the Lakers ran the system with great success.

Do you watch the Bucks? Following them develop has been really interesting. Aggressive D. Switching on everything. Guys 1-4 that can almost guard interchangeably. It's a fun team to follow.

And they are very young, plus they get PArker back next year to add some scoring punch.

So heres a question - who is more poorly run right now the Knicks or the Sixers? The knicks are a mess on so many levels. Jackson will need to be gandalf to put this back together...

Knicks but I don't think the gap is as much as people think. Give it a few more years of more and more high pics with nothing to show from Philly and who knows.

Knicks but I don't think the gap is as much as people think. Give it a few more years of more and more high pics with nothing to show from Philly and who knows.

Especially since the rumor out there now is Embiid might miss all of next year as well because his foot isn't healing. Sam Bowie anyone?

I think it is the Knicks--by a wide margin. Philly at least has a plan / strategy, and they are following it. Now, even if Embiid gets derailed--that's just sports. Players get hurt, it sucks that they expended a high draft pick, etc. but it was done within the context of following their strategy.

And for the record, I'm not advocating that a team willingly take on four seasons of sucking to beef up on high draft picks. Personally, I think it is bush. But they were willing to do it, they stayed committed to that plan, and they are reaping the benefits in high draft picks.

Conversely, the Knicks can't seem to get out of their own way. Everything feels ad hoc. Is there a strategy in place? And as pointed out above, Dolan is a complete boob.

Anyone know how I can find out specific stats about the series so far? What I'm looking for - LeBron's stats when Iggy is actually playing him. Not when they switch, but when Iggy is actually one on one with him. I keep hearing people saying Iggy can't be the MVP because Lebron's still scoring 40. Well, that stat is deceptive because the Cavs are actively trying to get the switch to occur.

And stop talking about the Knicks or Sixers or other wannabe teams in this thread! This is supposed to be about the 2 teams left...

And I say that last part half-jokingly.

I think it is the Knicks--by a wide margin. Philly at least has a plan / strategy, and they are following it. Now, even if Embiid gets derailed--that's just sports. Players get hurt, it sucks that they expended a high draft pick, etc. but it was done within the context of following their strategy.

And for the record, I'm not advocating that a team willingly take on four seasons of sucking to beef up on high draft picks. Personally, I think it is bush. But they were willing to do it, they stayed committed to that plan, and they are reaping the benefits in high draft picks.

Conversely, the Knicks can't seem to get out of their own way. Everything feels ad hoc. Is there a strategy in place? And as pointed out above, Dolan is a complete boob.

Philly doesn't really have a plan though thats the thing. The plan was to suck, stockpile pics, get good players, have them develop and then maybe get a real coach and a star free agent. The thing is all they have really accomplished sucking, drafting injured guys and trading the developing talent. I mean yes they still have a lot of pics but thats about it.

Anyone know how I can find out specific stats about the series so far? What I'm looking for - LeBron's stats when Iggy is actually playing him. Not when they switch, but when Iggy is actually one on one with him. I keep hearing people saying Iggy can't be the MVP because Lebron's still scoring 40. Well, that stat is deceptive because the Cavs are actively trying to get the switch to occur.

And stop talking about the Knicks or Sixers or other wannabe teams in this thread! This is supposed to be about the 2 teams left...

And I say that last part half-jokingly.

Per your request.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/106613/iggy-makes-lebrons-shooting-iffy

11-46 when contested by Iggy. 19-54 Overall.

Philly doesn't really have a plan though thats the thing. The plan was to suck, stockpile pics, get good players, have them develop and then maybe get a real coach and a star free agent. The thing is all they have really accomplished sucking, drafting injured guys and trading the developing talent. I mean yes they still have a lot of pics but thats about it.

Just want to be clear, me saying the Knicks are managed worse t han the Sixers doesn't necessarily mean I think the Sixers are managed well, but the Knicks are just a disaster.

I don't think Hinkie's plan is good, at all, but at least it's a plan. It seems like they took Morey's plan in Houston and put it on steroids.

Phil has always had either MJ, Shaq or Kobe and in a different era of basketball. I just think his adherence to the triangle and open disdain for pace and space type ball is going to hold the Knicks back. The best Melo has ever played with the Knicks was when the team was nailing all those threes.

I just think Phil took this job as his retirement plan, Fisher is overwhelmed and Dolan is probably putting pressure to win immediately no matter what. They need to land some key FAs or else it's going to be another mediocre year at best.

I was talking to my brother about the Knicks this weekend, I really think Phil is going to be gone by the end of next year.

Don't worry, that gives him enough time to trade away your lottery pick.

Seems like they are seriously discussing it. Then again, who knows what to believe right now.

Seems like they are seriously discussing it. Then again, who knows what to believe right now.

I actually saw they were looking at Rubio for that pick. That seems insane to me from the Knicks point of view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom