Class of 2016 - Andrew White iii... the third | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White iii... the third

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid better be worth it. IF for some reason he struggles or the team seems out of sorts position wise or minutes wise. This fan base will be on fire, and looking for a scapegoat.
People in this thread? Sure, they'll make him a scapegoat.

But the bulk of SU fans are not trolling hundreds of pages of threads on SyracuseFan regarding his recruitment.

The positive spin.

The Miami visit by AW3 indicates JB didn't offer AW3 everything, so AW3 is considering other options.

I hope JB has told AW3 he plays mostly at the 3. I think AW3 would prefer the 2. But I hope JB didn't go there, I want to see FH continue to develop. If AW3 played the 2, FH's time would get squeezed.

I hope JB talked about around 25-30 mpg's. Of course AW3 would like more, but for SU there are a lot of talented players and I would like to see us go at least 8 deep.

So if AW3 commits to SU, he is hopefully fully accepting the role discussed with JB. And that role will fill the largest SU team needs.
FH is a cog, not a center piece. He was recruited over with Gillon, and is currently being recruited over (Green, et al).
He will likely go after this year if we get one of the stud PGs for next year.

FH is a cog, not a center piece. He was recruited over with Gillon, and is currently being recruited over (Green, et al).
FH is a program guy. If developed properly will be very good. I hope he doesn't go. Next year we lose Gillon and probably Battle. Playing AW3 at guard could put FH as 4th guard and potentially be all FH needs to leave.

Losing FH would not be good for the future of the team. FH has long term value. Hope he stays, and I hope AW3 is put in at the 3 so FH gets time.

There are still guys smart enough to know they aren't one and done players but good enough to wait their turn, get better, contribute off the bench, and when their time comes be ready. Scoop waited his turn and then led one of our best teams. FH can do that. Even if we get Green FH will play a lot next year at both guard spots and he'll be the man his senior year.

Last edited:
"Gillon was recruited over Howard" is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board.

Where do people get this stuff?

Yeah, recruiting another guard so that you have more than two guards on the entire roster is not "recruiting over" anybody. Neither is recruiting a guard for next year so that we have more than two of them on the entire roster.

"Gillon was recruited over Howard" is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board.

You could look at it another way, maybe qgreen doesnt wind up coming here because he sees one Mr Howard on the roster. ;-)

Whatevs, i saw a pic of qgreen in a duke shirt and i lost interest

There are still guys smart enough to know they aren't one and done players but good enough to wait their turn, get better, contribute off the bench, and when their time comes be ready. Scoop waited his turn and then led one of our best teams. FH can do that. Even if we get Green FH will play a lot next year at both guard spots and he'll be the man his senior year.
Laz Sims, who knows FH may have an even brighter future than LS

Give him a break. He prolly just means this:
We had Frankie. We brought in Gillon as a late addition.
Frankie was expected to play a larger,more significant role this year.
People now expect Gillon to start, if not play significant minutes, and Frankie has been 'designated by the forum' as 'the depth.' Any of that not true?
"Recruited over" — semantics. Plenty of 'dumber' things are said here ever'day.

I haven't been as in the loop as O13 but I did break that he was visiting but I can AGREE with this post and I can't say for certain he is coming to Cuse but I heard today that it is looking more and more likely (obviously) and a decision should be coming relatively soon after this visit is over
Also let me be 100% clear on this I am NOT saying that White to Syracuse is a for sure thing like O13 is saying, what I've been told is that it is becoming more likely but we've seen this recruitment and TT's turn all different ways so by no means am I saying he is a guarantee, just don't want to lead people on.

Recruited over specifically means bringing in players you don't necessarily "need" in order to replace existing players who are not productive enough. That's not the case with Gillon and Howard so no, that phrase is not semantics imo.

And Frank will still play a large and significant role.

I think you're way wrong. FH is going to be one of the surprises this season. Even if we land Quade, our top PG target, where would FH go? Why would be transfer? Gillon would be gone, Battle may be gone, we'll suddenly need guard depth again.

That's just crazy. If you didn't watch Frank play last year as a freshman, with no leash to take any shots, and not come away impressed and excited about what he could accomplish over the next three years you are out of your mind. I don't expect him to come out being a sniper and score 20 a game, but I would not be scared to hand him the keys, should we miss out on a top level PG. He will be an amazing floor general when it's all said and done. Simply put, Gillon is probably a better scorer from distance at this point of his career compared to Frank, in an area that we may, and I stress may, struggle with this year.

Sorry to hear about your husband Linda!
Hope the rain didn't get you guys too hard in n phx
It was welcome for me. We just had the usual monsoon rain, but interstate 17 flooded and it took my friend 4 hours to drive home from work, instead of the usual 40 minutes.

Recruited over specifically means bringing in players you don't necessarily "need" in order to replace existing players who are not productive enough. That's not the case with Gillon and Howard so no, that phrase is not semantics imo.

That's not what I've known it to mean. I've always seen it used to mean bringing in someone better so that the original player drops down the depth chart. I think that fits in this case, if Gillon is as good as he looks.

Disagree--the way most use the term in collegiate athletics is to refer to the team recruiting the best players it can, without regard to who is on the roster. In some cases, that means that the newcomers might be more talented than the incumbents, and therefore play over them.

It could be the case with Gillon over Howard, if Gillon ends up starting / playing more minutes than Frank. Time will tell.

llandz said:
It was welcome for me. We just had the usual monsoon rain, but interstate 17 flooded and it took my friend 4 hours to drive home from work, instead of the usual 40 minutes.
The rain was insane. 7th was an absolute river. It was scary. Lots of manhole covers were off too.

Best wishes to your husband!

The rain was insane. 7th was an absolute river. It was scary. Lots of manhole covers were off too.

Best wishes to your husband!
feel you! Had to pick up my mother in law from the airport and I live in central phx. 7th street to 7th ave was a DISASTER and the 51 wasn't moving for an hour

Hopefully today is our lucky day!

It's always sunny in Philadelphia.

You saying he's visiting 'Nova?;)
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics