Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like someone else said - leaving a P5 Big10 school where you'd be the #1 or #2 option to go to a Mid-Major is silly. If White wants national pub VCU is not the place to go; however, if White wants to play infront of his family, I guess VCU is an option. VCU's best case scenario this year is probably a 7 seed, worst case they miss the tournament. Sorry to say but Nebraska makes more sense prettymuch all across the boardthan VCU does.

All information I brought to you weeks ago :bat:
Goodman... gun to your head... Where does AW3 end up?
Goodman gun to head.jpg

It's very simple to me: AWIII will probably not get 35+ minutes a game here, but he understands he will be an integral part of a team with the talent to go all the way and get a lot of pub. There are plenty of examples of players who are the "man" on their teams playing 35+ minutes a game and don't sniff the NBA. He will be a big part of a team that will have national exposure and doesn't need to have prolific numbers and huge minutes to get the billing he needs for the next level. I'm sure he saw how Malachi got in the first round. Anything other than SU right now makes very little to no sense.

AW3 could have been the man on a power 5 conference team , destined for a very possible shot at the tourney by staying at Nebraska . But he wants a chance to "win big" at cuse.

After seeing VCU trolls on twitter I wonder if waiting until the last minute could just be so he can stay at home to enjoy this summer without dealing with their anger and bitterness when he chooses syracuse.

After seeing VCU trolls on twitter I wonder if waiting until the last minute could just be so he can stay at home to enjoy this summer without dealing with their anger and bitterness when he chooses syracuse.
Good point , they really are an excitable Twitter bunch.

It's very simple to me: AWIII will probably not get 35+ minutes a game here, but he understands he will be an integral part of a team with the talent to go all the way and get a lot of pub. There are plenty of examples of players who are the "man" on their teams playing 35+ minutes a game and don't sniff the NBA. He will be a big part of a team that will have national exposure and doesn't need to have prolific numbers and huge minutes to get the billing he needs for the next level. I'm sure he saw how Malachi got in the first round. Anything other than SU right now makes very little to no sense.

Yep he wants a shot at the title and a shot at the NBA. We offer both

These Rutgers references are so annoying. Who cares abt them. They were never a rival and will never be our rival!!!

By the way, F G'town and Ped St

Relax i could give less of a ... about Rutgers. Was just a joke and the first time in 7,000+ i chimed in with one about them.

Relax i could give less of a ... about Rutgers. Was just a joke and the first time in 7,000+ i chimed in with one about them.

Can't call out Rutgers, an OBE rival. But it's still ok to call out another OBE mid-major rival along with another non-conference non-rival in the post responding to yours.

Someone needs to print a rule book on this stuff I guess.

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz
Source close to situation says Miami no longer pursuing Nebraska transfer Andrew White. Destination Syracuse? CBB free agency here to stay.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Michigan State is out also. Syracuse and VCU two involved.

Am I the only one to find it odd that Andy Katz is breaking this and not Rothstein. Not sure what that means but I guess maybe AW3 is still quiet and Katz has Miami connections that gave him this "unofficial" tidbit.

Am I the only one to find it odd that Andy Katz is breaking this and not Rothstein. Not sure what that means but I guess maybe AW3 is still quiet and Katz has Miami connections that gave him this "unofficial" tidbit.

Did Rothstein break it first or did Katz. Not that it matters but Rothstein has been the pipeline. Either way decision day is a day closer. White is the new Orange.

Can't call out Rutgers, an OBE rival. But it's still ok to call out another OBE mid-major rival along with another non-conference non-rival in the post responding to yours.

Someone needs to print a rule book on this stuff I guess.
Like baseball, it's the unwritten rules that trip you up.

At this point my curiosity is less about if White shows or not...but more about how Cuse meshes all the new pieces together and how long it takes for the team to become"a team"...lots of new pieces... likely differing maturity levels, new defensive concepts for some...who will be leaders...who will be the scorers...to me how the team blends this year is key...This could be one of HCJB best coaching efforts if can get this group in sync... will be fun to watch...

At this point my curiosity is less about if White shows or not...but more about how Cuse meshes all the new pieces together and how long it takes for the team to become"a team"...lots of new pieces... likely differing maturity levels, new defensive concepts for some...who will be leaders...who will be the scorers...to me how the team blends this year is key...This could be one of HCJB best coaching efforts if can get this group in sync... will be fun to watch...
I know JB is a big fan of seniors and experience . It'll be a lot of fun to watch .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom