Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yanno people have said it for weeks as a joke but I'm starting to think he may just show up with no public announcement whatsoever. It would be a exposure coupe as he keeps people guessing all summer. Then Friday the press is there asking the usual questions "How has Roberson improved?... Is Howard or Gillon going to run the point?... and WAIT... WHO IS THAT????"
You know, in this day and age of kids having team logos under their hats and driving up with a sports cars littered with the teams logo, this would take the commitment to another level.

It would really be interesting if White just shows up at the Melo Center without any announcement, without any fanfare. That would truly be a first. Anything is possible in this bizarre offseason.
I kind of think this is what's happening.

As supp and EastCoast2 have said, overseas could be a very real possibility.

Not sure how valid this option is at this point. Keep in mind all major European leagues limit the number of foreign players to two. I assume most of these spots have been filled. Really only a handful of leagues that would give him the opportunity he needs from a visibility and level of play perspective.

Y'know, at this point I'm kind of starting to doubt whether Andrew White even exists.
we have a poster here named Captain Tuttle. He was the best damned officer of the day.

Regardless of the decision, White is seriously putting himself behind schedule by delaying so long.

Just think guys after this is all done theres a very real possibility our next commit may not be until the spring

Not likely.

At least, we'd better hope not, since we need a class of 6 recruits [minimum] for the class of 2017. If we go until Spring without landing a commit, we're in BIG trouble.

I'm amazed the recruiting hasn't burned JB out like it has a lot of coaches. Of course, I guess you could say the assistants do most of the leg work it seems like, but still.

To be clear, I'm not criticizing Andrew. He can make his decision whenever he wants to but I'm not sure I would want to deal with all this stuff when I reach 70. I guess when you are as competitive as JB is, it doesn't matter.

Because AW3 is taking this down to the wire, he's putting himself in position to ignore most of the fallout. Don't forget how things ended with Nebraska. The spurned fan base will throw a lot of vitriol his way, but he'll be too busy settling in with his new teammates, school, etc. to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom