Class of 2016 - Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Andrew White III thread - COMMITTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams can begin practice 42 days before their 1st regular season game (you're allowed 30 practices in 42 days).

Sept 30.

Before that date players can practice without any coaching supervision.

I guess I'm just trying to make the point that people are establishing false equivalents:

Boeheim said players are reporting tomorrow so if AW isn't there he's not coming
Classes begin (whenever they do) so if AW isn't there he's not coming etc. etc.

This isn't NFL training camp. There are lots of work arounds and exceptions to these dates. Maybe JB is fully on board with whatever AW is doing and he has until September 4th (picking a random date) to report?

For those planning to stake out the Melo Center to look for the empty chair, I would caution against jumping to any conclusions other than if he is there at the meeting, than he is coming. If he is not there, there could be 100 reasons that he is not there.

I guess I'm just trying to make the point that people are establishing false equivalents:

Boeheim said players are reporting tomorrow so if AW isn't there he's not coming
Classes begin (whenever they do) so if AW isn't there he's not coming etc. etc.

This isn't NFL training camp. There are lots of work arounds. Maybe JB is fully on board with whatever AW is doing and he is has until September 4th (picking a random date) to report?

For those planning to stake out the Melo Center to look for the empty chair, I would caution against jumping to any conclusions other than if he is there at the meeting, than he is coming. If he is not there, there could be 100 reasons that he is not there.

Legit, but certain posters have suggested he'd be here today...

I really have a bad feeling with AW. I feel like he is coming but all this drama is just draining and unless this kid comes in and is a great teammate it just feels like he is a mercenary.

It just doesn't smell right with this kid.I mean just make a decision and live with it. Keeping this to last possible second makes no sense at all. I think he is coming but I just don't like this.

image.jpg

Commit!

I really have a bad feeling with AW. I feel like he is coming but all this drama is just draining and unless this kid comes in and is a great teammate it just feels like he is a mercenary.

It just doesn't smell right with this kid.I mean just make a decision and live with it. Keeping this to last possible second makes no sense at all. I think he is coming but I just don't like this.
Everything I've ever seen about the guy says he's a good and well liked teammate. And as frustrating as it is for us, he doesn't need to communicate with us so long as the staff knows and is ok with whatever is going on. Now if the staff is in the dark or this kid is REALLY still trying to make up his mind that'd be a different story. Unfortunately, there's no way for us to know at this point.

Last edited:
We just need a time frame for the meeting tomorrow, a window of time where someone can hangout at the Melo Center and wait for the players to arrive. Which one of our insiders can help us out with this?
This sounds like the perfect job for a DO writer or a member of Otto's Army. If I was a budding journalist, I would be doing an around the clock twitter feed from outside "The Melo". Instead it's crickets. C'mon future journalists, get your lazy asses out of bed and make a name for yourself by being the first to report this.

Let's hope he's not affected by this hepatitis outbreak in Virginia. Does anyone know if AWIII is a fan of Tropical Smootie Cafe.
Tropical Smoothie Cafes blamed for Hepatitis A outbreak in Virginia lawsuits

wait... so we STILL dont know about AW3?!
Hey don't rush the guy. We don't have a team meeting until later today and classes don't start until monday. And the other scool supposedly in the mix doesn't start their classes until all the way to yesterday.

We just need a time frame for the meeting tomorrow, a window of time where someone can hangout at the Melo Center and wait for the players to arrive. Which one of our insiders can help us out with this?

I take it either nobody here knows when the team meeting is today or nobody is willing to spill the beans on it. Seems like this question has come up a few times with zero responses.

I take it either nobody here knows when the team meeting is today or nobody is willing to spill the beans on it. Seems like this question has come up a few times with zero responses.
Not even sure it's a team meeting. All JB said was players would report Friday. For all we know guys could just call coach to let him know they're on campus and ready to get to work.

normaliswear said:
Not even sure it's a team meeting. All JB said was players would report Friday. For all we know guys could just call coach to let him know they're on campus and ready to get to work.

And I don't remember jb saying anything about a meeting. My son moves in today. Today and tomorrow are move in days.

No, I don't think so. Remember the Elite Camp is this weekend. I would think the players are highly involved as counselors and recruiters so they would have to have some type of meeting ahead of time.

No, I don't think so. Remember the Elite Camp is this weekend. I would think the players are highly involved as counselors and recruiters so they would have to have some type of meeting ahead of time.
I agree I THINK it's an in person thing... just saying all JB actually said was "report in" and that doesn't guarantee anything.

Team meeting or not somebody will notice him being on campus eventually . Unless he's wearing a cool disguise. Maybe one of those pairs of glasses with the mustaches connected.

I would just point out that White has created almost no drama. He announced that he was transferring, visited a few schools, and said literally nothing the whole time. Even if he hasn't made up his mind yet, that's not dramatic. It might be odd, it might be a bit weird, but being cautious or playing things close to the chest is not dramatic.

FWIW. The VCU board is just as much in the dark as we are. As of this morning they still think there is a good possibility AW3 might play for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom