Anish Shroff Last Saturday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anish Shroff Last Saturday

How about the former LSU player (I don't recall which one) who they brought on to say that LSU was no longer a good program? If I was an LSU fan, I would not have been happy.

How about the former LSU player (I don't recall which one) who they brought on to say that LSU was no longer a good program? If I was an LSU fan, I would not have been happy.

Yeah, that was weird. Marcus Spears I think. Obviously something production wanted. They haven't fallen off the map or struggled the way Texas has the last few years. They haven't lost to Kansas. Crazy.

Yeah, that was weird. Marcus Spears I think. Obviously something production wanted. They haven't fallen off the map or struggled the way Texas has the last few years. They haven't lost to Kansas. Crazy.

Marcus Spears who did absolutely nothing for my Cowboys.

Huh??? If anything Anish was pro Cuse. They basically talked about Syracuse the whole game. Sure he may have pointed out some truths we rather not brought up, but imo he did a great job, and if anything was more pro Cuse than anything else.

Probably doesn't help that from the time he was an SU student, SU has been mediocre at best.

I didn't have the same reaction to Anish. He could have been a little more complimentary but ... IMO he told it like it was. What bothered me more was the constant, distracting side-stories about LSU's personnel -- their drastically depleted lineup, the captain's family travails, etc.. They played along like LSU is the only program with injured players and their captain was the only kid on the field who's tasted adversity. That part of it, I agree, was over the top and detracted from the broadcast. But that's not Anish. That's the tools behind the scenes arranging all those drippy stories about the home team.

I thought we played courageously and earned some respect .. at least from the other announcer.

Last edited:
Huh??? If anything Anish was pro Cuse. They basically talked about Syracuse the whole game. Sure he may have pointed out some truths we rather not brought up, but imo he did a great job, and if anything was more pro Cuse than anything else.

agree, he can't go on air and spin it to ignore 16 years of unranked and general futility minus a couple of decent Marrone teams.

Completely agree. At the later stage of the broadcast, after LSU scored that late TD to end any doubt in the outcome, Anish stated something along the lines of SU beating themselves tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom