Announcers for the Syracuse-Penn State game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Announcers for the Syracuse-Penn State game

Doesn't Sirius XM just pick up local feeds? So I'm assuming it's either gonna be the Cuse feed or the PSU feed.

FWIW - on the sirius/xm web site, they list Syracuse as the home team...and indicate the game will be carried by the home team's network.

Honestly...one of the ONLY reasons i didn't want to go to the ACC was Mike Patrick. He annoys me more than Dick Vitale and i didnt think that was possible. Im so glad im going to be at the game..but when i come home and watch it many times on DVR as i always do...ill have to watch it on mute. I wish you could DVR the radio broadcast haha.
No one is worse than Vitale. It's nearly impossible to even listen to a few minutes of a game he is working.

Last year we had Beth Mowens(who is an SU grad and isn't like Pam Ward who stunk. Mowens is a good announcer" and Joey Galloway who was the only media talking head in the country to pick Syracuse to win the Big East and he turned out to be right.
Sorry, we can agree to disagree then. If you think Beth Mowens is adequate for football then I believe your standard is pretty low. I watched that game again this week and it was brutal to listen to her call a game, which I hope to never have to do again...

I always turn the television sound off and listen to the radio broadcast. There is usually a delay on WHAM 1180 here in Rochester, but if I hit the pause button a couple times on the DVR, I can usually get audio and video to match-up.

Mike "Holy Cow I am an ACC basketball homer" Patrick and Ed Cunningham.
I was hoping for Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman but we are stuck with Patrick for three plus hours.

You say "stuck with Patrick" as if Pam Ward were calling the game.

Now that's someone we used to get "stuck with."

She was THE WORST.

Thank God, she's off ESPN college football coverage.

BTW, a lot of you guys are down on Patrick for doing for on ACC telecasts EXACTLY what Billy Raf and Sean McDonough did for the Big East over the last decade...

That is, get excited for the games and teams that they call.

There's a reason why he rose up the ranks to the ESPN's big ACC games... He loved the teams, cared about the games and called each one enthusiastically.

Sorry he wasn't blowing smoke up Boeheim's a$$ while calling UNC vs. Maryland, but Raf, Sean McD, and Bilas did plenty of that during each Big Monday game - regardless of whether Cuse was playing or not.

BTW, a lot of you guys are down on Patrick for doing for on ACC telecasts EXACTLY what Billy Raf and Sean McDonough did for the Big East over the last decade...

That is, get excited for the games and teams that they call.

There's a reason why he rose up the ranks to the ESPN's big ACC games... He loved the teams, cared about the games and called each one enthusiastically.

Sorry he wasn't blowing smoke up Boeheim's a$$ while calling UNC vs. Maryland, but Raf, Sean McD, and Bilas did plenty of that during each Big Monday game - regardless of whether Cuse was playing or not.
Please don't compare Raf, McD, and Bilas to Patrick. The Big Monday crew definitely gave SU and JB a lot of love, but they broadcasted a game like 3 guys who were watching a game at pub would and were funny and played off each other, had fun and were objective with their obvious biases like Raf for any Seton Hall game(when they were good) and McDonough(recently for any big SU game). Patrick and Elmore/Vitale are HORRIBLE and make a lot of people mute the games. Whenever Mike Patrick broadcasted a J.J. Reddick Duke game it was HORRIBLE terrible announcing and made me want to puke and recommend to J.J. Reddick petition for a restraining order because Mike Patrick was in love with him. The Clemson fan in this thread above already said we have had to deal with him now its your turn because he knows how bad Patrick is. I don't think all announcers are bad, and Mike Patrick didn't rise up the ranks because of anything he was with ESPN since the 1980s and in the broadcasting industry you have job security like that of a Supreme Court Justice and unless you do something stupid like Ron Franklin you stay there for life.