Another presser | Syracusefan.com

Another presser

I really don’t understand how the head coach expects the center to cover the corners. It is damn near impossible for a guard to cover that much ground, let alone a 7 footer.

Unreasonable expectation.

Its a pretty hilarious ask considering his son and jg combined can’t cover half that space at the top of the zone.

I really don’t understand how the head coach expects the center to cover the corners. It is damn near impossible for a guard to cover that much ground, let alone a 7 footer.

Unreasonable expectation.

For someone who's always been super-sensitive to fans and the press questioning his judgment, he sure doesn't do himself any favors.

Help me understand... Edwards is responsible for defending corner jumpers and protecting the paint.... what are the other four players on the court responsible for... last year Boehiem threw Griffin and QG under the bus for not defending the corners.... guess it's Edwards turn this year.

Last edited:
Man, he sure slammed the door on Mike Waters. Mike and Donna are two people you would want in your corner. Just my two cents worth.
They never criticize him as they know they need him and access to the program. Which is why JB is so damn passive aggressive for no reason towards them because he knows he can.

It’s part of the reason JB is so damn frustrating. He doesn’t even make it easy to be like give the guy some patience he takes these cheap shots.

Man, he sure slammed the door on Mike Waters. Mike and Donna are two people you would want in your corner. Just my two cents worth.
He's hypersensitive when they bring up lack of success against a team. He snapped at Donna when she brought up the fact that it's been 7 losses out of the past 8 vs. UVA. It reminded me when he snapped at her when she brought up his record vs. Pitino once after Louisville dominated us for a long time. He doesn't like to be reminded when a team owns him.

This was my laughter in the press conference. He was asked about UVa getting the ball inside, and
his response was

"For us to change our coverages to keep it out of there, Jesse has to get to the corner for the jump shot. He's unable to do that. They got it inside the whole game."

How does having your 6'11" center running out to the corners prevent the ball from getting inside?
One would think you might want your big guy down low to make going to the rim a little harder,
as no one is going to be intimidated by Swider or Junior rotating in from the wings. They might stop
to laugh on the way in, but they are in no way concerned about either stopping a drive.

They never criticize him as they know they need him and access to the program. Which is why JB is so damn passive aggressive for no reason towards them because he knows he can.

It’s part of the reason JB is so damn frustrating. He doesn’t even make it easy to be like give the guy some patience he takes these cheap shots.
This. It's also a big reason why so many of Donna's tweets are about the players' shoes or simple play by play. Say anything factually critical about the team and you either get lectured by JB like a four-year-old, your credential gets pulled or both. Nobody except JB benefits from that type of dynamic.

A true one three one zone has a quick guy under the basket to go to the corners ,the center is in the middle of the three across takes away the foul line jumper and drops low when the quick guy goes to the corner. My sons team used it to an undefeated season with a guard as the under the basket guy chasing the corners.

A true one three one zone has a quick guy under the basket to go to the corners ,the center is in the middle of the three across takes away the foul line jumper and drops low when the quick guy goes to the corner. My sons team used it to an undefeated season with a guard as the under the basket guy chasing the corners.
There’s your answer, who is that quick guy on this team? Freshman Bennie? Jesse is probably the quickest one who fits that role.

The single best 1-3-1 defense I have ever seen, and it goes back a LONNNNNG time, was Georgetown's
with probably Wingate running the baseline, and Patrick Ewing in the middle. You couldn't score on
that. Edwards ain't that, but I'd rather him in the lane than running to a corner, and there isn't really
anyone else on the team who can play the other parts well either; maybe Symir or Benny as the runner,
that's it.

But it just goes back to the construction of this team, which was supposed to be really good shooters;
at least enough to cover up how poor everything else is. You're getting (A), so all the flaws are
pretty obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom