Anthony Davis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anthony Davis

I was the other way, I thought he was the next Josh Boone or Sam Bowie or if he got real lucky Brad Daugherty. Not so by a long shot. He's REAL good and getting better.
That Lopez kid with Brooklyn has become quite solid also and I did not see that.
Lopez has been solid for a couple of years when he has been on the court... Only problem with that is he is very injury prone.

Currently: 2nd in scoring (has by far the highest FG percentage of anyone in the Top 20, only 0.4 ppg behind the miserably inefficient Kobe), 6th in rebounds, 1st in blocks and 2nd in steals.

Currently: 2nd in scoring (has by far the highest FG percentage of anyone in the Top 20, only 0.4 ppg behind the miserably inefficient Kobe), 6th in rebounds, 1st in blocks and 2nd in steals.

If his team goes anywhere he's MVP. Slot him as first team all NBA for the next 10 years.

This is what happens when a guard grows into a center overnight.

You get a center with athleticism, ballhandling, passing, great footwork, and lateral quickness on defense. If he continues to work on his strength and avoids injury, I don't see why he wouldn't end his career as one of the most versatile, productive centers in the history of the NBA.

You get a center with athleticism, ballhandling, passing, great footwork, and lateral quickness on defense. If he continues to work on his strength and avoids injury, I don't see why he wouldn't end his career as one of the most versatile, productive centers in the history of the NBA.

No doubt - I think he's established himself as the third best player on Earth right now after Lebron and a healthy Durant.

It'll be interesting to see where he is in 5 years. It's impossible to tell how close to his ceiling he is. Will he continue to get leaps and bounds better because he is so young or has he developed quickly and is already near his ceiling?

Similar to Derrick Coleman.

Similar to Derrick Coleman.

I love DC, but one thing Davis has going for him is that he seems infinitely more mature and coachable than Coleman was in his early 20s.

Lebron hasn't played defense in 2 years now.

I don't know about that. The Heat were Top 5 in the league in defense every year Lebron was there, with him logging the most minutes on the team by far.

I love DC, but one thing Davis has going for him is that he seems infinitely more mature and coachable than Coleman was in his early 20s.

No question--I was only referring to the "guard who grew into a PF's body while retaining the skill set and versatility" similarity.

DC's skill level and hoops IQ were off the charts. That sometimes gets overlooked when people think about how his career fizzled out, his weight gain later in his career as a function of his heart medication, etc. By the time DC became professionally mature and coachable, he was already in the late stages of his career.

I love some DC--flaws and all. What a bad ass... what an incredible player!

For anybody that uses PER (Basically your boxscore stats adjusted for minutes played, shooting efficiency, and current league averages)

Anthony Davis currently has a PER of 35.9 this season.

Here are the top PER's of all-Time in a season
1. Wilt Chamberlain 31.8
2. Michael Jordan 31.7
3. Lebron James 31,7
4. David Robinson 30.7
5. Shaq 30.7

Wow.

He is already the best in the History of the NBA already in terms of most disgusting eyebrow. Yes that was singular.

slide-anthonydavis.jpg

TIKI COULDA BEEN A CONTENDA
emanuelmaybenunibrow%5B1%5D.png

moon_lacard.jpg

No comment necessary.

Still pissed we didn't land him; so therefore, to heck with him and F UK.

How close we were to getting him? I'm tyring to imagine him on our 2011-12 team. We might have gone undefeated, right to cutting down the nets.

For anybody that uses PER (Basically your boxscore stats adjusted for minutes played, shooting efficiency, and current league averages)

Anthony Davis currently has a PER of 35.9 this season.

Here are the top PER's of all-Time in a season
1. Wilt Chamberlain 31.8
2. Michael Jordan 31.7
3. Lebron James 31,7
4. David Robinson 30.7
5. Shaq 30.7

Wow.
If Davis was playing with those top 5 players he would be a pedestrian NBA player. The NBA isnt good anymore.

Macky44 said:
If Davis was playing with those top 5 players he would be a pedestrian NBA player. The NBA isnt good anymore.

When was the last time you watched an NBA game? Judging by your comments I doubt you watch any games and probably have a dislike for the pro game. The NBA may be at it's best ever from top to bottom, and there is not one pedestrian thing about Davis's game.

When was the last time you watched an NBA game? Judging by your comments I doubt you watch any games and probably have a dislike for the pro game. The NBA may be at it's best ever from top to bottom, and there is not one pedestrian thing about Davis's game.
I can honestly say I don't watch a ton, but when I do watch pro I don't care for it as much as I used to. I think the players are individually more athletic, but I don't think the game is better top to bottom. The game in the late '80's seemed to have more flow and better ball movement. What everyone raves about with the Spurs now, was closer to the norm in the 80's, rather than the exception. I think today's game has been hindered by too many young players that jump to the league too early. I know players can develop their games in the NBA and many do. Sadly, what I think prevents it in too many younger talented guys is the money. They get a big payday and feel like they don't have to be coached anymore because they've already "made it." They're already bigger than their coach or team. When kids had to stay in college longer, their egos were kept better in check because often the team and the coach were bigger than the players. Kids learned how to play the game before getting to the league. We see so many teams with so many young players that are still trying to figure out how to play the game now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom