Antsy on Roberson...... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Antsy on Roberson......

bees giving your best guess, do you think the ncaa knows roberson has to be cleared by monday?

Yes (assuming Monday is the absolute deadline at SU)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here
Yes

What I was told. A player who was recruited by both schools was told on his UK visit that he would never have to take a test at UK. That is direct from the person he told it to.

:D Thanks, I am worrying alot less now.

Why? Doesn't mean he will be cleared.

true, but atleast they get a decision by the deadline. I know he said he is exploring a backup plan if he wasn't cleared so its good to hear that much.

Really? SU has drop/add on a holiday? Don't tell me they have classes on Labor Day? Really? Are the offices even open?

He would have to be enrolled by the end of the day on Tuesday. Having missed summer and the 1st week of classes already, it might be for the long-term best to come in January. If that's the case, he can join the team after the end of the Fall semester (so mid-December).

Really? SU has drop/add on a holiday? Don't tell me they have classes on Labor Day? Really? Are the offices even open?
I think most campuses have classes on Labor Day. Taking the day off would mess up classes and lab schedules.

I think most campuses have classes on Labor Day. Taking the day off would mess up classes and lab schedules.
No classes on labor day or any other national holiday but if he is not cleared by Monday he cant register on Tuesday...

so i am guessing this leads to minutes at the 3 for BJ as needed or rak getting minutes at the 4 or some movement we havent talked through.

If Roberson doesn't qualify then can JB still use the scholly on a walk-on to bring up the APR. If so then that would leave 2 scholarships for walk-ons so which would help out with any possible APR issues with past players.

Can someone explain how 3 Kentucky kids are enrolled yet UK can't comment on their eligibility?
I guess they just added them to the rosters as walk-ons, without scholarships? lol
I can't believe the hypocrisy.
http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ukbeat/2013/08/28/young-harrison-twins-officially-enrolled-at-uk/
http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/kty-m-baskbl-mtt.html[/quote]

Well ist UK so in Tark's famous words they are only risking the NCAA coming down hard on some sisters of the poor program where as SU Would be risking the NCAA cracking down on us for our rule breaking.

Seriously--how screwed up would it be if Roberson actually IS eligible based upon the criteria, but has his year screwed up because the NCAA didn't get around to clearing him in time.

Because that's what this is shaping up as.

What a fiasco.

Seriously--how screwed up would it be if Roberson actually IS eligible based upon the criteria, but has his year screwed up because the NCAA didn't get around to clearing him in time.

Because that's what this is shaping up as.

What a fiasco.

That would be F'ed up, but we have to conclude he would be cleared by now if there was not some issue. Possibly it is just that he went to the back of the line because of his summer class he had to take, but in reality there must be something they are trying to sort out.

That would be F'ed up, but we have to conclude he would be cleared by now if there was not some issue. Possibly it is just that he went to the back of the line because of his summer class he had to take, but in reality there must be something they are trying to sort out.

That's what I think too. I asked this before with no response but do we know of any player anyplace that really really was eligible but didn't get cleared because the NCAA let the clock run out? I know we all hate much of what the NCAA does or doesn't do, but there has to be more to this than the NCAA simply sitting on their hands and letting a kids eligibility slip away.

yeah, and were not just talking about some kid who is going to college because he has to, we are talking about a kid who really wants to go to school and play for the orange.

There are kids who can sit out a semester and then go. Then there is Roberson who may have his only chance at college, one of the best experiences of his life right now.
They need to be aware of that, aware of all the people counting on him, and get him cleared immedietly.

That's what I think too. I asked this before with no response but do we know of any player anyplace that really really was eligible but didn't get cleared because the NCAA let the clock run out? I know we all hate much of what the NCAA does or doesn't do, but there has to be more to this than the NCAA simply sitting on their hands and letting a kids eligibility slip away.

I'm just not sure. This can be exactly their way of it. I smell a lawsuit.

Think about this: By all accounts from sources that the media has extracted, it seems a clear cut deal that he got the gpa up to account for sat scores. This is simple arithmetic, and no one close to him would exaggerate how he did in hopes that the rules would be lenient. Either he got his gpa up far enough, or he didn't. PS said source said he did so.

So either the NCAA is looking into something that seems incorrect or out of place, or their just sitting on this. Given the team and context, I think they're just sitting on this. Extra special family discount for us.

Let's not panic. Although FERPA's in the way, we do have some clues: 1- It's leaked out that his score/GPA ratio needed improvement; 2- His (HS) coach seemed confident about the necessary increase in his GPA with the grades from additional courses he took over the summer; 3- before the C trip, JB stated that he expected him to be cleared (the timing was iffy); and 4- this is not the first rodeo for SU's compliance staff -- I'm sure they've clearly communicated Roberson's academic deadlines to the NCAA so a timely decision can be made.

None of these assumptions points toward something sinister going on -- there are no foreign transcripts to acquire. He graduated from a legit HS, not a "faith C center" in the bowels of NC. However, there may be core compliance issues with courses he took at a prior school (Union), questions whether his summer courses are legitimate, or concerns about his grades for the extra courses being sufficient (especially if one of his higher course grades is rejected).

The problem is too many people on their ridiculous enforcement staff , with so many rules no-one knows them all, and not enough staff for the clearinghouse.

You have to wonder about the level of communication between the NCAA "clearing house" and JB/ coaching staff at SU. If you are to assume that there is some level of dialogue and couple that with the fact that JB has stated he's felt confident that Roberson would be cleared, it seems particularly disconcerting that here we are on the precipice of the eligibility deadline and all we are hearing is crickets...

If in fact the clock runs out without a decision, as Bees has pointed out it would constitute a decision being handed down without actually making a decision. That seems like a pretty shoddy way to handle a young mans future. It should be that if they haven't been able to get all their ducks in a row by the deadline the player would be granted probationary eligibility until the decision is rendered and the NCAA would be held responsible for the players tuition and board in the meantime. If only we lived in a fair and equitable world!

You have to wonder about the level of communication between the NCAA "clearing house" and JB/ coaching staff at SU. If you are to assume that there is some level of dialogue and couple that with the fact that JB has stated he's felt confident that Roberson would be cleared, it seems particularly disconcerting that here we are on the precipice of the eligibility deadline and all we are hearing is crickets...

If in fact the clock runs out without a decision, as Bees has pointed out it would constitute a decision being handed down without actually making a decision. That seems like a pretty shoddy way to handle a young mans future. It should be that if they haven't been able to get all their ducks in a row by the deadline the player would be granted probationary eligibility until the decision is rendered and the NCAA would be held responsible for the players tuition and board in the meantime. If only we lived in a fair and equitable world!

But the NCAA no longer exists to assure the fairness of amatuer college athletics. It exists to protect its but load share of TV and advertisement dollars made from these amatuer college athletes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom