Any chance Pitt withdraw from Peach Bowl due to Covid 19 outbreak and we are replacement? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Any chance Pitt withdraw from Peach Bowl due to Covid 19 outbreak and we are replacement?

Why? It's gone downhill.faster than MTV.
lol. Thats funny. Gator bowl is normally played on new years day between two ranked teams. That gives you a higher chance of watching a quality game. I dont want to watch a match up of 10-3 and 5-7 teams. I want to watch competitive games. Its as simple as that.

lol. Thats funny. Gator bowl is normally played on new years day between two ranked teams. That gives you a higher chance of watching a quality game. I dont want to watch a match up of 10-3 and 5-7 teams. I want to watch competitive games. Its as simple as that.
It's been going lower down the bowl rankings long before they took a 5 win team. The year they screwed us it was a decent game. Two ranked teams on NBC in front of a good crowd. Now it's an 11 am afterthought on espn 2. The outback and citrus are much better bowls.

It's been going lower down the bowl rankings long before they took a 5 win team. The year they screwed us it was a decent game. Two ranked teams on NBC in front of a good crowd. Now it's an 11 am afterthought on espn 2. The outback and citrus are much better bowls.
I get it but 5-7 teams is another level of suck. We can’t act like this is a normal thing. There has never been a losing team in the gator bowl. Even if it’s two 7-5 teams playing. I can rock with that atleast lol. It’s not about preferring one bowl game over another. I just don’t want to see losing teams going against ranked teams on New Year’s Day. That’s my preference.

I get it but 5-7 teams is another level of suck. We can’t act like this is a normal thing. There has never been a losing team in the gator bowl. Even if it’s two 7-5 teams playing. I can rock with that atleast lol. It’s not about preferring one bowl game over another. I just don’t want to see losing teams going against ranked teams on New Year’s Day. That’s my preference.
It's a joke they should have taken another bowl team or canceled the game.

This is a terrible idea - I can’t believe Rutgers is actually going through with this vs wake forest … calling everyone back after they’ve been sitting on the couch for 3 weeks, seniors moving on with life after football - maybe they have a handful of guys who may get an nfl look that are still in somewhat of decent shape - less than one week to practice - a lot of injuries and embarrassment coming .

This is a terrible idea - I can’t believe Rutgers is actually going through with this vs wake forest … calling everyone back after they’ve been sitting on the couch for 3 weeks, seniors moving on with life after football - maybe they have a handful of guys who may get an nfl look that are still in somewhat of decent shape - less than one week to practice - a lot of injuries and embarrassment coming .
Yup. They are still trying to see which players are going to be able to play. Team doctor have to evaluate injuries. Some are probably out of shape. Some have been out and around others. Will they pass COVID protocols? Which players plan to play that declared for the draft or decided to transfer. Their DC left also. Props to them for getting the opportunity. I just don’t want to watch bad football

Yup. They are still trying to see which players are going to be able to play. Team doctor have to evaluate injuries. Some are probably out of shape. Some have been out and around others. Will they pass COVID protocols? Which players plan to play that declared for the draft or decided to transfer. Their DC left also. Props to them for getting the opportunity. I just don’t want to watch bad football
Good point on the transfers , imagine us trying to do this we’ve lost 14 , 15 kids post season ( I know someone is going to blast me because I have number wrong ) . I just read article about Hawaii - they sited covid, transfers as being why they can’t field a team

they have a team that hasnt practiced in a month and no game prep.. if they play a solid game they have earned it.. of course wake plays no D so that may help.

they have a team that hasnt practiced in a month and no game prep.. if they play a solid game they have earned it.. of course wake plays no D so that may help.
I think they will give Wake a game only because of the let down of not playing a quality SEC opponent. Hard for them to get up for a 5-7 rutgers team.

The worst possible thing Rutgers could do is accept the invitation, and then not be able to put a team together and pull this off. And wait until it is too late for the Gator Bowl to get a replacement for them.

That would destroy the Gator Bowl. This is what they do. They are a black hole sucking money from anything in their path.

Of course, they will have a bevy of excuses. They weren’t given enough notice. There were an unexpectedly large number of players who were hurt, or had no interest in playing. And of course, they will get hit with a COVID outbreak,

If Rutgers can somehow pull this off and play the game, I will be shocked.

If they actually play, I expect them to lose by 50. Just don’t see them holding Wake under 35 points. At halftime. I would expect Wake to put up around 64 in the game, only because Clawson is classy and will play backups most of the second half.

What if we played well and won?

Tucker goes off and gets 1st Team AA for next season and starts the year with short odds for Heisman.

I bet we play better than we did against Ville/NC State/Pitt.
What’s best for the players doesn’t matter. What’s best for FRANKIE is what matters.

Agree. This is a huge letdown for Wake. Makes the game go from meaningless yet exciting to meaningless yet more meaningless.

The whole 'letdown' angle only applies when the opponent is specifically not 'letdown' and is jacked up and plays like its their Super Bowl.

There appears to be plenty of 'letdown' on both sides. Hartman has 2 years left and him and Perry and Roberson are generating zero NFL buzz despite the stats.

What’s best for the players doesn’t matter. What’s best for FRANKIE is what matters.

The players like bowl games. I think most of the SU team would take a trip to Atlanta to play in a good one. I don't think they would count themselves out.

UCF just had their worst season in a while but because of the bowl game got to knock off Florida and make it a success. New conference and beating the Gators I think their fans are happy.

The whole 'letdown' angle only applies when the opponent is specifically not 'letdown' and is jacked up and plays like its their Super Bowl.

There appears to be plenty of 'letdown' on both sides. Hartman has 2 years left and him and Perry and Roberson are generating zero NFL buzz despite the stats.

The players like bowl games. I think most of the SU team would take a trip to Atlanta to play in a good one. I don't think they would count themselves out.

UCF just had their worst season in a while but because of the bowl game got to knock off Florida and make it a success. New conference and beating the Gators I think their fans are happy.
Players like getting serious injuries when they aren’t physically prepared I’m sure as well.

Nope. SU didnt earned a bowl game. I wouldnt have wanted SU to accept the Gator Bowl if offered,
Absolutely no way we should put our players at risk in a meaningless bowl game. The safety of the players should be the most important thing.
Both of these^^^^
To each their own, but I would’ve hated it if we’d accepted this kinda bowl bid. It smacks of desperation. And in spite of all the lows our program has had, this would’ve been a new one. JMHO

I don’t need to watch Michigan State repeatedly kick us in the testes.

If BC has too many Covid 19 cases, are we ready to go to replace BC on Fenway Bowl?

What if we played well and won?

Tucker goes off and gets 1st Team AA for next season and starts the year with short odds for Heisman.

I bet we play better than we did against Ville/NC State/Pitt.
WHAT IF....it snowed in August?