Any news on game time? | Syracusefan.com

Any news on game time?

andy

Walk On
any news on the clemson game time? if not what times do you think are best bet? would they wait this long an still schedule a noon game?

any news on the clemson game time? if not what times do you think are best bet? would they wait this long an still schedule a noon game?

First off no new yet, most people are projecting 3:30. One guy has a good source saying 3:30. Matt Park tweeted he thinks a 3:30. Yes they would wait this long because ABC/ESPN is still deciding game times for a nooner some 3:30s and 8:00s.

ESPN will announce the game time this weekend. Time will be based on results of other games. Most likely timeslots are noon, 3:30, or 8:00.

First off no new yet, most people are projecting 3:30. One guy has a good source saying 3:30. Matt Park tweeted he thinks a 3:30. Yes they would wait this long because ABC/ESPN is still deciding game times for a nooner some 3:30s and 8:00s.
Beat me to the punch

lol arent noon 3;330 and 8 all the time slots? also do we even know what network we will be on?

lol arent noon 3;330 and 8 all the time slots? also do we even know what network we will be on?

We don't know shat broo

I said everything we know. ESPN/ABC Most likely 3:30, then noon. Very slim chance at 8:00 if not none.

There are only 3 unanounced game times. 2 ACC games and 3 SEC games.
I think each set of 3 is going to be a noon, 3:30 and 7 or 8 game.
The other 2 ACC games could be 2 ranked opponents against each other. Currently Maryland and GT are ranked 27 and 28 by points in the AP and 26 and 32 in the Coaches Poll. GT plays VT today and Maryland has a bye. If Miami and FSU aren't upset this week, I see those 2 getting the later games. Just my opinion.

Why yes, yes they are, glad you got the joke...

this is news to me,i hadn't seen the matt park tweet or the other one with good source saying 330 but I hope it is 330 for selfish reasons

this is news to me,i hadn't seen the matt park tweet or the other one with good source saying 330 but I hope it is 330 for selfish reasons

Someone tweeted in another thread that they had a good source. Matt Park tweeted today (more of a guess) 3:30.

The other 2 ACC games could be 2 ranked opponents against each other. Currently Maryland and GT are ranked 27 and 28 by points in the AP and 26 and 32 in the Coaches Poll. GT plays VT today and Maryland has a bye. If Miami and FSU aren't upset this week, I see those 2 getting the later games. Just my opinion.
I'm a tad slow. So if one (me) would like to see a 3:30 game - who am I rooting for today and Saturday?

I'm a tad slow. So if one (me) would like to see a 3:30 game - who am I rooting for today and Saturday?

I would say root for VT, USF or Boston College to win big. Don't see any of those happening, TBH.

Vt beating GT would not be a shock their D might score enough to hold on. USF would be a shock but Miami is not as good as people think.

Vt beating GT would not be a shock their D might score enough to hold on. USF would be a shock but Miami is not as good as people think.
I agree... however I think they have to win big to make SU-Clemson more desirable than Maryland-FSU or GT-Miami

But aren't noon and 8 the time slots to put the better games? 8pm obviously being prime time, and noon the lead in from GameDay?

But aren't noon and 8 the time slots to put the better games? 8pm obviously being prime time, and noon the lead in from GameDay?

Yes thats why people are saying 3:30 for us. They like to put a good game at 12, right after GameDay

I said on Monday we have VERY LITTLE chance for the game to be anything but 12pm on ESPN following College Gameday with a tremendous lead-in audience or ABC/ESPN 3:30. I think if Georgia Tech wins tonight then Georgia Tech-Miami becomes a night game and Syracuse-Clemson is at 3:30 on ABC/ESPN. I believe Maryland-Florida State is the most likely to be 12pm game because it will keep the most audience from the College Gameday audience.
I think it ends up
Maryland@Florida State 12pm ESPN
Clemson@Syracise 3:30 ABC/ESPN2
Georgia Tech@Miami 7:45 on ESPN or 8 on ABC.

This non-knowing of the game time is totally messing up SU's planning for Homecoming (Reunion) Weekend. A number of events scheduled for Saturday cannot be given a "time" until they know what time the football game is. For example, the "gala" reception/dinner for the 50th Reunion Class has been sat for 6 pm for months. A 3:30 game would push that off to at least 7:30.

I said on Monday we have VERY LITTLE chance for the game to be anything but 12pm on ESPN following College Gameday with a tremendous lead-in audience or ABC/ESPN 3:30. I think if Georgia Tech wins tonight then Georgia Tech-Miami becomes a night game and Syracuse-Clemson is at 3:30 on ABC/ESPN. I believe Maryland-Florida State is the most likely to be 12pm game because it will keep the most audience from the College Gameday audience.
I think it ends up
Maryland@Florida State 12pm ESPN
Clemson@Syracise 3:30 ABC/ESPN2
Georgia Tech@Miami 7:45 on ESPN or 8 on ABC.

745 on espn isn't an option for any acc game as sec has all 3 night slots as sec has also got a 6 day hold but theres involve 4 games 1 cbs and the 3 night espn games(espn,2,u) slots.

745 on espn isn't an option for any acc game as sec has all 3 night slots as sec has also got a 6 day hold but theres involve 4 games 1 cbs and the 3 night espn games(espn,2,u) slots.
Chris - what's your take on who one should be pulling for in tonight's and Saturday's games if you want a 3:30 slot for SU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom