Any Practice Facility updates? | Syracusefan.com

Any Practice Facility updates?

Dr. Gross decided groundbreaking for the IPF will coincide with the grand re-opening of Clark's Ale House so we can have two things to celebrate on the same day. Cheers!

I was standing on the track two days ago. The turf is gone, but no other progress so far.

The pile of dirt from the groundbreaking is still in place, covered in dirt. The field is gone, but the track and associated stuff (steeplechase barrier, etc.) is all there as of a couple hours ago.

if they are going to have it ready by fall practice they need to start by end of april if the 3 months timeline is accurate

There has been absolutely no change. The turf was removed before the winter.

@MinkNate
(2/2) University is hopeful construction on indoor football practice facility starts in a few weeks. By Memorial Day roughly.

@MinkNate
(2/2) University is hopeful construction on indoor football practice facility starts in a few weeks. By Memorial Day roughly.

While this is definetly good news, I don't see how they complete the facility before Fall practice...

Don't ask Giansante or Gross, everything's right on schedule according to them...

How long should it really take? All they have to do is build the outside structure, the inside is just open space.

While this is definetly good news, I don't see how they complete the facility before Fall practice...

They don't really need it in August though, right... The weather is still optimal for outdoor practice. Just have it ready by November.

The "beating the dead horse" angle is always a good angle to take on these boards.

As opposed to the "Everything is fine. Don't look behind the curtain" angle? Let's face it, football has not received the level of administrative support it needs to be competitive in the ACC and I have no problem voicing my opinion repeatedly. The IPF was promised when Marrone was hired and so far they've removed a donated w.lacrosse field and parked a port-a-john on the site. Another class of fb recruits will be camping shortly and it would be nice if some visual progress was in place when they arrive.

Something tells me you can thank the local neighborhood for the set back! Some might be calling it an eyesore.. That's my little birdie info.

As opposed to the "Everything is fine. Don't look behind the curtain" angle? Let's face it, football has not received the level of administrative support it needs to be competitive in the ACC and I have no problem voicing my opinion repeatedly. The IPF was promised when Marrone was hired and so far they've removed a donated w.lacrosse field and parked a port-a-john on the site. Another class of fb recruits will be camping shortly and it would be nice if some visual progress was in place when they arrive.
And if the issue is permitting? What do you propose the AD do?

This might be far fetched, but I hope Gross doesn't drag this thing out and then finally get it going the near the time he leaves so he looks good. Would seem very much like a politician thing to do, but I wouldn't put it past him. With these rumors on the board that he's on his way out soon I wouldn't put it past him.

Not ideal but could be worse...you really don't need it until the bad weather hits in late October. I heard it could be done in about 3-4 months.

Something tells me you can thank the local neighborhood for the set back! Some might be calling it an eyesore.. That's my little birdie info.

That little birdie is wrong and that local neighborhood opposition ship sailed a year ago.

The Army Corps bureaucracy works slowly; that's why nothing is moving.

The assortment of materials staged at Skytop is surprising and impressive, however. Everything from structural steel to decking to foam insulation, ready to go when SU gets approved and the concrete is poured.

And if the issue is permitting? What do you propose the AD do?

All I wanted was some honesty like Giansante's comment today- it isn't that hurt to be upfront on something like this. It looks bad if the Ath Dept is saying it's on schedule and nothing is happening...you can be sure that other schools are monitoring the situation and using it in recruiting.

I want HCSS and the staff to be able to walk recruits over and let them see visual progress and not the same designs they've been shown for months, not left trying to answer why nothing is happening.

Whitey23 said:
Here's the article: The target date for completion, recently said to be by the time fall practice convenes, remains. "Once it starts, it's going to go up really quickly," Giansante said. "You'll be shocked." http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...football_practice_facility_will_start_in.html

SU needs to stop saying anything. It's been going to start soon for almost a year now. There were posters saying last February it would start in a few weeks. SU kept saying soon. They broke ground in September I believe. They have said it takes 8-9 months, they have said a few months, today he says real quick. They have said it would be ready by this summer, it was said it would be ready last August. They have said so many things that often differ that they just need to shut up until they do start.

Last edited:
SU needs to stop saying anything. It's been going to start soon for almost a year now. There were posters saying last February it would start in a few weeks. SU kept saying soon. They broke ground in September I believe. They hVe said it takes 8-9 months, they have said a few months. They have said it would be ready by this summer. They have said so many things that often differ that they just need to shut up until they so start.
Kind of like the Malaysian government on the missing plane.

The issue that I heard is related to environmental concerns with regard to the stream that flows near Manley. Now I'm not sure what neighborhood issues there could be because its not like the structure is impeding on the wonderful views of homeowners. There could also be some political issues as well with the permit. I'm not sure if the person was referring to environmental concerns or if in fact it was something else. These things will get ironed out, I would expect the project to get started soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom