Anybody else think Shabazz Muhammad will be a bust? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody else think Shabazz Muhammad will be a bust?

Define bust. I don't think he will be an all star but I think he will start in the NBA and get a second contract.

50-50 chance...
Depends on if he has the dedication to lose his baby fat...

I personally think he'll be a quality NBA player if not an all-star for a few years of that career. I don't think he'll be MVP caliber.

I just don't think he's athletic enough to play the 2 and not nearly big enough to play the 3, that's all. Watch him be James Harden in 2 years though

I just don't think he's athletic enough to play the 2 and not nearly big enough to play the 3, that's all. Watch him be James Harden in 2 years though
I think his real shot is at the 2, but I just can't imagine him covering a Kobe, even a Dion one on one. As it is, he's not exactly know for his defense. Still, he can score from anywhere on the court. He will have to take the next level a lot more serious than he did at Westwood.

tough call with bazz- i could see him go either way.. the skills are there thats for sure

Given the CJ tread and this one I decided to take a quick look at both players.

Shabazz is 6'-6" 225 (not all muscle) and is 20years old (lied about is aged). He averaged 17.9pt/game on 44.3% fg; 37.7% 3fg; 71.1% ft; 5.2 rebs.
Shabazz

CJ is 6'-8" 215(all muscle) and is 21 years old. He averaged 14.5pt/game on 47% fg; 46.9% 3fg; 75.5%ft; 6.9rebs.
Fair

If you ask me who runs faster and jumpers higher I would say CJ. Shabazz has a better right hand (both are lefties) and a quicker release, but CJ has played against better competition and played harder and is a far better team player.

I don't think you are giving Shabazz enough credit for how athletic he is, kids a freak. Don't forget the kid missed the start of the season with an injury.

I don't think you are giving Shabazz enough credit for how athletic he is, kids a freak. Don't forget the kid missed the start of the season with an injury.
Big time freak. I find it funny that some say he can't find a position yet NBA teams shift guys around all the time.

I don't see any reason why Shabazz couldn't become a very good NBA player.

His team was led by three freshman five stars, a senior PG who had zero leadership ability, and a coach who had lost control of his program. In hind-sight, it was a recipe for disaster.

The natural ability with Muhammad is there and I have a feeling that if he chose Duke, we'd be singing a different tune about him.

I think he's an all-star in three years.

His team was led by three freshman five stars, a senior PG who had zero leadership ability, and a coach who had lost control of his program. In hind-sight, it was a recipe for disaster.

The natural ability with Muhammad is there and I have a feeling that if he chose Duke, we'd be singing a different tune about him.

I think he's an all-star in three years.

Definitely some truth to this. He has to get in better shape, though. No question as mentioned above. Natural ability yes but he could've dominated this year if he really wanted it. Don't think he does and we'll see if his conditioning improves. He's a poor man's Born Ready/Harrison Barnes, imo.

He is not a freak. Not even close. I watched many late games to keep tabs on my Trojans. He needs to get in better shape first of all. I see him as a mix of Born Ready/Derrick Williams/Harrison Barnes and he isn't as athletic as any of them, imo.

If you look at where the game is trending, I don't think it's ridiculous that a 6-6 225 guy would be a 3.

He should be a nice rotation guy for offensive purposes, especially in a small lineup.

Can't have him in a rotation without a guy to defend the rim (like a Tyson), but he can definitely help out.

Most drafts don't have superstars, and I don't think this one will be different, but I do think Bazz can be a guy who plays 10+ years, can put up some nice offensive numbers while learning to be ok on defense. But if he's put in a system where he needs to be depended on as a #2 scorer and have to start from the get go, I think you're going to see some awful shooting percentages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom