Anybody know Anything about NC State? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody know Anything about NC State?

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
It feels like a long time since we last played them.

Are they any good?

Red-headed stepchild of tobacco road...

Their fans have been complaining to the rafters of the league bias towards UNC and Duke for decades.

Mascot: "Tuffy" the wolf - crap mascot... almost as bad as bloated citrus fruit for a mascot, but not quite...

Coached by Jim Valvano before his death, after giving arguably the greatest american sports speech of the modern sporting error before his untimely death to cancer in 1993.

North Carolina State University (NC State, North Carolina State, NC State University, or NCSU) is a public land-grant research university in Raleigh, North Carolina, United States. Founded in 1887 and part of the University of North Carolina system, it is the largest university in the Carolinas. The university forms one of the corners of the Research Triangle together with Duke University in Durham and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It is classified among "R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity".

sddefault.jpg

They are third tier ACC team. I would say Duke, UNC and Clemson belong to the first tier. Virginia, Pitt, Syracuse and Wake are the second tier.
Are they even that good?

They don't know how to beat us. We're 14-6 against them, winning the last 6.

I really hope I don't eat these words later.

They have that big fat kid at Center, though. I feel like he's going to knock our defenders over like a bowling ball hitting the pins.

They have that big fat kid at Center, though. I feel like he's going to knock our defenders over like a bowling ball hitting the pins.
I'm glad we're playing them today. Brown can handle the big guys at first, then gets less effective as he gets tired. This win is a must win, them we roll the dice with the better teams.

I won't be happy if we win today and lose tomorrow, but I'll be disconsolate if we lose tonight.

It’s my 6 year old daughter’s least favorite team (she been attending multiple football games every year since she was 2)

She STRONGLY dislikes the ‘wolfs’

Hates the uniforms, hates the mascot and always roots against them no matter who they are playing whenever they show up as I’m flipping through games

Loves that we beat them in the dome 2 years ago (she was there) and loves that we have done well in hoop this year vs them

I'm old skool...
It's always bad mojo to disregard a team. They're very capable of beating us, so we can't go in there thinking its in the bag. JMHO

I started following college basketball in the early 70’s and NC State’s David Thompson would be on my starting five of all time college players.

I'm old skool...
It's always bad mojo to disregard a team. They're very capable of beating us, so we can't go in there thinking its in the bag. JMHO
ESPN has NC State as having a 59% chance of winning tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom