Anyone actually taking that spring break trip ? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone actually taking that spring break trip ?

im headed to savannah on a golf trip a week from today and there is zero chance I cancel it. If I get sick then I get sick
It’s not you that we are worrying about. you have kids? Parents?

Still good. Going to Charleston on Saturday then Tampa a week after... wondering if I can cancel my flights and re-book at cheaper prices... Although it sounds like the best I can get is vouchers.
How'd that turn out? I'm assuming you didn't go.

Stolen from AirForceOrange fb page.

1585316276785.png

We finally got our ill fated London trip wrapped up yesterday. Delta Vacations is sending us a fat voucher to use on a future trip. We booked it all on Skymiles and I was hoping they'd just give me the Skymiles back, but instead it was the voucher. I think it might have actually worked in our favor though, because we booked with the miles on a special where they were worth more than they normally would be.

I very much enjoyed our trip to Queens for Opening Day yesterday. The Mets didn't put the bat on the ball, but neither did Washington, and as of this morning we're tied for first place. So all in all that was pretty fun.

Florida Orders Self-Isolation for Travelers From N.Y., N.J. (5:34 p.m. NY)

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said he will issue an executive order making it mandatory for all arrivals from New York and New Jersey to self-isolate for two weeks upon entering the state.

and extending it foe evervagainst any yankee team playing in the ACC

Although we missed our trip and had originally rescheduled my son's Bar Mitzvah for October, I asked him to reconsider the original date, today - and we had a closed door Bar Mitzvah in the temple today! Cantor, Rabbi, my son, my wife and I - still maintained "social distancing". The whole service was streamed to many family and friends around the country. It was amazing. It was my thought to give us something to be positive about in this nutty world.

My son did the entire service and I am extremely proud to say that during the course of the year, he was the only kid in the temple to do this many Fridays and Saturdays. Cantor and Rabbi joked at the end that they can go on spring break when ready cause they have a fill in.
Kid's a beast with the Old Testament - Rothstein ;)

Still planning on doing a big lunch or dinner way down the road time, once Corona gets the heckfire off my lawn.

Although we missed our trip and had originally rescheduled my son's Bar Mitzvah for October, I asked him to reconsider the original date, today - and we had a closed door Bar Mitzvah in the temple today! Cantor, Rabbi, my son, my wife and I - still maintained "social distancing". The whole service was streamed to many family and friends around the country. It was amazing. It was my thought to give us something to be positive about in this nutty world.

My son did the entire service and I am extremely proud to say that during the course of the year, he was the only kid in the temple to do this many Fridays and Saturdays. Cantor and Rabbi joked at the end that they can go on spring break when ready cause they have a fill in.

Still planning on doing a big lunch or dinner way down the road time, once Corona gets the heckfire off my lawn.

Mazel tov, tee - good for your boy and good for you for suggesting sticking to the date. Very cool, going to be a great memory for you all!

Mazel tov, tee - good for your boy and good for you for suggesting sticking to the date. Very cool, going to be a great memory for you all!
Much thanks, my friend!

For anyone with outstanding travel that they want to cancel for a refund (not a voucher), check to see if you're arrangements have changed by more than 90 minutes. The gov't recently put the hammer down on airlines saying that they can't make people take vouchers and they have to get a refund. The airline will push for the voucher, but just say that you're entitled to a refund and they'll cave. Worked for me.

Anyone start planning any future trips? My cousin is getting married in the Phoenix area in October. Want to go for a variety of reasons, including that it will be close to my own 20th anniversary. Haven't started looking for flights yet, but my cousin (brother to the one getting married) has grabbed a big rental house for all of us.

Anyone start planning any future trips? My cousin is getting married in the Phoenix area in October. Want to go for a variety of reasons, including that it will be close to my own 20th anniversary. Haven't started looking for flights yet, but my cousin (brother to the one getting married) has grabbed a big rental house for all of us.

Just booked flights for TBT just in case. Doubt it happens, but worth a shot.
The girls big Christmas present was a trip to the US Open in August.. I've been hesitant to purchase plane tickets, but between airlines giving refunds, and my status with Alaska Air allowing me free cancellations anyway, I might just scoop them up so I stop stressing.

Was planning on Clemson this year, but will probably wait a little bit.

With all my Spring work trips cancelled, I'm assuming I'll have a few in the fall. Will try to coordinate them around sporting events but wont know details for a bit.

I'm not booking this portion yet, or even really trying to plan it, but as soon as the restrictions are lifted and things are looking safe I'm getting on a plane and going somewhere for two weeks. Maybe a little time visiting family, and a little time somewhere else, idk. But I do know I need to get out of here lol.

Just booked flights for TBT just in case. Doubt it happens, but worth a shot.
The girls big Christmas present was a trip to the US Open in August.. I've been hesitant to purchase plane tickets, but between airlines giving refunds, and my status with Alaska Air allowing me free cancellations anyway, I might just scoop them up so I stop stressing.

Was planning on Clemson this year, but will probably wait a little bit.

With all my Spring work trips cancelled, I'm assuming I'll have a few in the fall. Will try to coordinate them around sporting events but wont know details for a bit.

I'm not booking this portion yet, or even really trying to plan it, but as soon as the restrictions are lifted and things are looking safe I'm getting on a plane and going somewhere for two weeks. Maybe a little time visiting family, and a little time somewhere else, idk. But I do know I need to get out of here lol.
With all of my work trips cancelled in the last few months, as soon as they let us back out, I'm going to be on the road constantly. Going to be less than epic.

Glad you were able to get that part done. Your son should be proud. My nephew is getting married in June. Still not cancelled but who knows if it's even worth it trying to set a replacement date. It's almost impossible to figure out when social distancing will truly end that people will feel comfortable mingling in public.

Glad you were able to get that part done. Your son should be proud. My nephew is getting married in June. Still not cancelled but who knows if it's even worth it trying to set a replacement date. It's almost impossible to figure out when social distancing will truly end that people will feel comfortable mingling in public.
I hope it happens for your nephew. It feels like things are easing up here at the so-called epicenter, NYC area. Seeing more people out every day. But still at a distance! Either way, I hope it works out for your nephew, man.

I am hoping more than anything I’ve hoped for in my life that I can still go on vacation to the Adirondack area in late June. Yearly vacation with entire family, I need this badly.
Should be heading to Europe in 2 weeks, obviously that's gone. Grabbed July 4th weekend in Cabo when prices crashed but not a lot of expectation that's going to happen. I'd say yours is significantly more likely to happen then mine.

Just learned that business travel for my company is cancelled THROUGH June.

The upside of that, if there is a relaxation of some of the stay at home rules, I may actually get to spend some quality time on my boat.

I am hoping more than anything I’ve hoped for in my life that I can still go on vacation to the Adirondack area in late June. Yearly vacation with entire family, I need this badly.

Renting a house/cabin or something? Those kinds of things still seem to be somewhat possible, I would think/hope?

If not, this is going to be a brutal summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom