Anyone else already experiencing withdrawals? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else already experiencing withdrawals?

Honestly, I can't believe how fast this season went. December through July seem to go slow as a snail, then August through November just fly by. I wish the human body and brain weren't so delicate so that the football season could be 10 months long. When does next season start!?

That's why football is so ridiculously popular, because it always leaves you wanting more.

I don't think anyone in history has ever said, "aww man, the baseball regular season is over!" or "aww man, the NBA playoffs just ended!"

I have a lot of respect for hockey and its fans, but I just can't watch it. I feel like it's 60 minutes of pure chaos and a couple times per game the puck accidentally drops in the net.
I think hockey's actually one of the easiest sports to watch, especially live. That game really requires a beautiful blend of athletic skills.

It's the most elegant thing you'll ever see toothless men hitting things and each other with sticks do.

I think hockey's actually one of the easiest sports to watch, especially live. That game really requires a beautiful blend of athletic skills.

It's the most elegant thing you'll ever see toothless men hitting things and each other with sticks do.

I just think hockey would become a more mainstream sport if there was simply more scoring. I know hockey purists would be against this, but I think making the net bigger and getting 10-9 games instead of 2-1 games would be great for the game's popularity.

I just think hockey would become a more mainstream sport if there was simply more scoring. I know hockey purists would be against this, but I think making the net bigger and getting 10-9 games instead of 2-1 games would be great for the game's popularity.
Big hockey fan and I'm very open to more scoring. Would like to see them cut down the size of the goalie pads for one. Goalies now are huge guys and with the blockers they wear they can block out the sun. Have you seen the 3 on 3 overtime? That is 5 minutes of some of the best entertainment I've seen in sports.

Inevitably I end up comparing hockey to soccer. 2-1 is a much more typical soccer score. Most hockey games have 5-6 goals scored per game. Each team typically takes about 30 shots on goal a game - that's quite a bit of action vs soccer where each team will only put a handful of shots on goal. Plus, it's different from soccer because the rink is so much smaller and the puck moves around so quickly.

Low scoring games in the regular season aren't exciting, but a 0-0 game in the NHL playoffs is incredible precisely because scoring is more common and you know it can and will break at any time.

That's why football is so ridiculously popular, because it always leaves you wanting more.

I don't think anyone in history has ever said, "aww man, the baseball regular season is over!" or "aww man, the NBA playoffs just ended!"
Agree. I think football is the only sport with the right number of games. Bring back the MLB 154 game schedule. Popcorn and soda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom