Anyone else feeling a little lost now? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feeling a little lost now?

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
All week long I've been hovering around the family looking for things to do. To the point where my wife even noticed. Good Lord I hate the end of the college hoops season. It's too soon for baseball to matter yet.

And I can't bring myself to participate in any of the threads about who is going to play over who next year. If there's one thing I know, it's that I have very little idea what JB will do next year and since I've never seen any of the new guys play in a college hoops game, I have no idea what to expect from them.

Start following the NBA more closely. For those folks who don't love it, the lead up to the playoffs and the playoffs are amazing for the casual viewer.

The Knicks and Pacers are fighting it out for the 2 seed with NY up 2 games with 4 to play, including one against Indiana.

Melo and Durant are neck and neck for the scoring title.

If that doesn't help, watch the highlight tapes of our recruits next year. If that doesn't help, still, watch 2003 One Shining Moment on loop.

I always try to pick up on the NBA playoffs as well and the Knicks should be able to make the Eastern Conf Finals plus they have played Miami well and I'd expect them to win 2 games against Miami and hey you never know.

VT my wife is always trying to figure out what hit her around this time if year I always explain it away as spring but hey I need to fill all those hours of SU obsession some how and the kids still go to bed early so . . . . .

The Masters is on... Aside from that there is nothing doing in my sprts life. Jordan game is tomorrow.. Ennis.

Why I can't get into the NBA:
Give me Miami to win it all, you can have the field.
Nobody wants that action. Can't say that about any other sport/league. Oh but the 2seed in the East. zzzzzz

All week long I've been hovering around the family looking for things to do. To the point where my wife even noticed. Good Lord I hate the end of the college hoops season. It's too soon for baseball to matter yet.

And I can't bring myself to participate in any of the threads about who is going to play over who next year. If there's one thing I know, it's that I have very little idea what JB will do next year and since I've never seen any of the new guys play in a college hoops game, I have no idea what to expect from them.
Great thread. Trust me when I say, I feel the same way and I'm sure a bunch of us are going through Cuse withdrawal.
And yeah, totally tough to tell how this team forms with the new guys coming in, but we've got some amazing promise.
Believe, guys and girls and F the NCAA. Can't keep a good man down if they tried.
LGO.

Give me Miami to win it all, you can have the field.

I think you're underestimating how good the Thunder are - they could absolutely beat the Heat in a 7 game series. They are hitting their stride right now, and outscore their opponents but a wider margin than the Heat do. Plus they play in a much tougher Western Conference.

OK. I still can't find anyone to take me up on it; and I hang out with degens who will bet on anything.

It's 11:00 a.m. on Friday and I'm still in my bathrobe. Don't work today. Worked Wed and Thurs when I got back from Atlanta 11 p.m. Tues. Raining like hell here in Syracuse. Monsoon-type weather. Fell into watching a marathon of Game of Thrones starting with the second season. Have NO clue what is happening! I like politics but can't shift gears. I like to read but don't feel like it. I know I will slowly fade from this board, only to return October-ish.

At the moment, I'm a poor little lamb who has lost her way. Bah! Bah! Bah!

It's 11:00 a.m. on Friday and I'm still in my bathrobe. Don't work today. Worked Wed and Thurs when I got back from Atlanta 11 p.m. Tues. Raining like hell here in Syracuse. Monsoon-type weather. Fell into watching a marathon of Game of Thrones starting with the second season. Have NO clue what is happening! I like politics but can't shift gears. I like to read but don't feel like it. I know I will slowly fade from this board, only to return October-ish.

At the moment, I'm a poor little lamb who has lost her way. Bah! Bah! Bah!

You will be ok...just as long as you paid for that bathrobe!!

The Knicks playoff run.

The Rangers playoff run.

The Masters.

The NFL Draft run up.

The Yankees.

Ill catch a Cuse Lax game when on.

good lord, my Fn plate is full......

Oh Lord

My remedy for recovering from the SUBB Season Ending Blues is to pick up seamlessly with the SF Giants, for whom I've rooted since my California HS days in the late '50s. Let me suggest some similarities with the SUBB program as to why rooting for the Giants might be an adequate fill-in to last until the next Midnight Madness:

1. Giants' colors are orange/black, not far from SU's orange and phantom blue (I do wish some blue appeared in the modern 'Cuse unis). The Giants hold an "orange-out" on Friday games, wearing orange tops. (My high-school's unis at Los Gatos were orange/black, so I'm partial to the Halloween theme anyway.)

2. The Giants have a long history of winning baseball and fielding good talent, just as JB has stocked SU's cabinets with winning teams. They don't rely on stars, but emphasize the team game, role playing and defense to squeeze out victories.

3. The Giants are usually overlooked/disrespected, just as is SUBB. ESPN experts in 2010 were picking Philly to win the World Series the day before the Giants closed them out and went on to beat Texas. The same experts who picked Philly's pitching staff over SF then are touting the Dodgers' rotation this year to be the best in baseball, clearly overlooking a Giants' staff that: (1) pitches WS hero Ryan Vogelsong in the #5 slot; (2) features Cy Young winner Barry Zito (0.00 ERA so far over 14 innings) at #4; and (3) oh, by the way, has another Cy Younger thrown in the middle of the rotation behind Matt Cain and Madison ("MadBum") Bumgarner. What's not to like about rooting for someone named "MadBum"?

4. The Anti-Giants are, of course, the LA Dodgers, all glitz, glamour, and talent that money can buy -- just like Kentucky -- and their unis are blue, too. The Giants build their team the honest way, with home-grown pitching and solid defense (I don't believe they play a zone, however). The Giants draft pitchers the same way SU recruits long lean athletes.

5. SU plays in the Carrier Dome, an icon of basketball. SF plays in AT&T Park, picturesque, modern yet traditional in many ways, yet with a certain architectural quirkiness that matches the team and Bay Area psyche. 30,000 fans fill the Dome, unusual for such a small city as Syracuse; 40,000 fans sell out AT&T regularly, unusual for one of the nation's smaller markets.

I could go on, but this is running longer than I'd like and I'm sure you get the drift. Honestly, though, I'm still in withdrawal and hungry for news on next year's team. The Giants can only do so much.-VBGF/VBOF

My remedy for recovering from the SUBB Season Ending Blues is to pick up seamlessly with the SF Giants, for whom I've rooted since my California HS days in the late '50s. Let me suggest some similarities with the SUBB program as to why rooting for the Giants might be an adequate fill-in to last until the next Midnight Madness:

1. Giants' colors are orange/black, not far from SU's orange and phantom blue (I do wish some blue appeared in the modern 'Cuse unis). The Giants hold an "orange-out" on Friday games, wearing orange tops. (My high-school's unis at Los Gatos were orange/black, so I'm partial to the Halloween theme anyway.)

2. The Giants have a long history of winning baseball and fielding good talent, just as JB has stocked SU's cabinets with winning teams. They don't rely on stars, but emphasize the team game, role playing and defense to squeeze out victories.

3. The Giants are usually overlooked/disrespected, just as is SUBB. ESPN experts in 2010 were picking Philly to win the World Series the day before the Giants closed them out and went on to beat Texas. The same experts who picked Philly's pitching staff over SF then are touting the Dodgers' rotation this year to be the best in baseball, clearly overlooking a Giants' staff that: (1) pitches WS hero Ryan Vogelsong in the #5 slot; (2) features Cy Young winner Barry Zito (0.00 ERA so far over 14 innings) at #4; and (3) oh, by the way, has another Cy Younger thrown in the middle of the rotation behind Matt Cain and Madison ("MadBum") Bumgarner. What's not to like about rooting for someone named "MadBum"?

4. The Anti-Giants are, of course, the LA Dodgers, all glitz, glamour, and talent that money can buy -- just like Kentucky -- and their unis are blue, too. The Giants build their team the honest way, with home-grown pitching and solid defense (I don't believe they play a zone, however). The Giants draft pitchers the same way SU recruits long lean athletes.

5. SU plays in the Carrier Dome, an icon of basketball. SF plays in AT&T Park, picturesque, modern yet traditional in many ways, yet with a certain architectural quirkiness that matches the team and Bay Area psyche. 30,000 fans fill the Dome, unusual for such a small city as Syracuse; 40,000 fans sell out AT&T regularly, unusual for one of the nation's smaller markets.

I could go on, but this is running longer than I'd like and I'm sure you get the drift. Honestly, though, I'm still in withdrawal and hungry for news on next year's team. The Giants can only do so much.-VBGF/VBOF
Decaf and Xanax.

Maybe the Phillies were favored because they were the best team and won 100+ games? The baseball playoffs (like hockey) are as much of a crapshoot as the NCAAB tourney only people don't complain about it nearly as much.

Completely lost. To the point that I would say screw it and have the NCAA let in 256 teams so we would have more weekends of March Madness. Let some of the top seeds have longer byes. Oh and I know thats a ridiculous idea - just my greed for wanting more college hoops. Also based upon the mets already showing a 5-2 start was a blip on the radar - I will be watching a lot more soccer this summer and going to open gym at the local school here to shoot hoops at night instead of waiting for football season.

Start following the NBA more closely. For those folks who don't love it, the lead up to the playoffs and the playoffs are amazing for the casual viewer.

The Knicks and Pacers are fighting it out for the 2 seed with NY up 2 games with 4 to play, including one against Indiana.

Melo and Durant are neck and neck for the scoring title.

If that doesn't help, watch the highlight tapes of our recruits next year. If that doesn't help, still, watch 2003 One Shining Moment on loop.

Yes. Nice. Fortunately the NBA is heating up like you say and the NFL Draft is near. Otherwise, I would have to start watching paint dry (baseball).

Yes. Nice. Fortunately the NBA is heating up like you say and the NFL Draft is near. Otherwise, I would have to start watching paint dry (baseball).

I would like to say I am excited about the playoffs but I am trying to temper expectations. Hoping the knicks win a series first, then another and then have little hope they get past miami if they get that far. As good as melo is playing.. Lebron is having a ridiculous year - even if his stats aren't way ahead all you have to do is watch him play this year. Honestly its the first time since Jordan I can remember seeing a player out there who makes it seem like he is an All American playing alongside the JV team.

Knicks in the playoffs shortly
Sunday @ 6pm, USMNT U-17s on Fox Soccer
Lots of good TV (GoT, Dexter is coming up, Psych, Mad Men)
Baseball (Yankees will actually field a recognizable team in May, possibly)
Lax
NCAA Hockey is always fun

I would like to say I am excited about the playoffs but I am trying to temper expectations. Hoping the knicks win a series first, then another and then have little hope they get past miami if they get that far. As good as melo is playing.. Lebron is having a ridiculous year - even if his stats aren't way ahead all you have to do is watch him play this year. Honestly its the first time since Jordan I can remember seeing a player out there who makes it seem like he is an All American playing alongside the JV team.

Also pulling for the Knicks. No question re: LeBron. The guy is controlling games and it seems like the game has really slowed down for him this year. Probably is playing the best ball since Jordan like you say.

I'm kind of glad it's done. I get so wrapped up in the end of the season that it's nice to have a break from it all.

In a week or two I'll be bored, so I'll get into the NBA playoffs, but for now, I'm in a kind of detox state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom