Anyone else feeling a little lost now? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feeling a little lost now?

For those feeling depressed...something to cheer you up:

Jennifer-Love-Hewitt-ghost-whisperer-68282_1500_1090.jpg

wacha ya talking bout man! As far as I'm concerned FOOTBALL seasons started now my friend and if you haven't heard we have a bunch of hardnosed MOFOS running the show now! Jump aboard my man this train is on the move.... :)

Suffering from college hoops withdrawal. I even watched the rerun last night of CBSSN show of the 15 greatest players in the history of the NCAAT. If I see that Laettner shot one more time I'm going to puke. But it was better than no hoops. Then watched the Knicks lose in OT to the Bulls. I hope the Knicks win a couple of playoff series to be able to watch Melo.

Also pulling for the Knicks. No question re: LeBron. The guy is controlling games and it seems like the game has really slowed down for him this year. Probably is playing the best ball since Jordan like you say.

Yeah Ive always been hard on Lebron ( Melo bias) even to the point saying how you can't compare him to Jordan or Kobe. The more I watch him though the more I realize how much Kobe was about simply making shots. Lebron to me is a Magic-Jordan hybrid. He can control the game with scoring inside/outside, passing and on the boards. Just incredible to watch.

I miss it probably more than anyone but I do have 125 rounds of golf to play before October 1st to keep me busy.

If it ever stops raining.

Masters, NFL draft, NBA playoffs... Then a 3 month reunion with the outdoors until football season.

Every year.

All week long I've been hovering around the family looking for things to do. To the point where my wife even noticed. Good Lord I hate the end of the college hoops season. It's too soon for baseball to matter yet.

And I can't bring myself to participate in any of the threads about who is going to play over who next year. If there's one thing I know, it's that I have very little idea what JB will do next year and since I've never seen any of the new guys play in a college hoops game, I have no idea what to expect from them.

My answer would have been NCAABB video game. If they didn't discontinue those back in 2010... Those games were great...

I haven't played the 2010 version. I tried to buy a used copy online but I can't find anything cheaper then $70 or $80, and that's USED!

All week long I've been hovering around the family looking for things to do. To the point where my wife even noticed. Good Lord I hate the end of the college hoops season. It's too soon for baseball to matter yet.

And I can't bring myself to participate in any of the threads about who is going to play over who next year. If there's one thing I know, it's that I have very little idea what JB will do next year and since I've never seen any of the new guys play in a college hoops game, I have no idea what to expect from them.

There is always a finality, is that a word, to the ending of our hoops year. I am always reminded at this time of year, except in 2003, of Bill Bradley's comment when the up and coming Knicks were eliminated in the Spring of 1969 by the Celtics..."I wanted more basketball". I thought maybe this year since we made the FF it would not be as bad, but, if anything, it is worse. I'll live with the Triche charge call all summer, much like I thought of the OSU loss last year, what would have been with Fab, or Crowder's killer 3 two years ago. In the meantime, I will watch the Phillies, but without any urgency. I'll get back, at least this weekend, to checking out the Derby preps, and I always have my eye on the Saturday Late Pick 4 at NY and CA tracks. But until our game with PSU on Labor Day weekend I am on sports vacation.

My answer would have been NCAABB video game. If they didn't discontinue those back in 2010... Those games were great...
I have been busting out an old PS2 game, NCAA 2003. They didn't have Melo, Hak, GMac down to an exact science, so let's just say I "adjusted" their abilities to how I see most Cuse players.
They kick serious ash for me. Almost to the point where it's Tecmo ridiculous. Shoot, I'm beating up on that year's Tucky team tonight. Thanks for the idea, but sorry everyone, there will be a "like" or "tee" sabbatical for a little while soon.

It's the one before this pictured game, but you really didn't think I'd show the cover with a punk Kansas player on it, did you?
2246605-box_ncaamm04.png

tee- i still have that game- wish my ps3 would play it. i usually hit up college hoops 2k8 and did so in a season with mcw and company. Funny enough before the tourney i had cuse as a 1 seed, the game had me in a bracket with cal as the 8 , iu as the 4 and marquette as the 7 - i beat cal in the 2nd round and then iu in the swt 16 and marquette in the elite 8 just like it really happed- i didnt mention it in order not to jinx.. since i then lost to .. yes believe it- michigan in the national semi- final was won by uk beating um. Also had a diff first round opponent.. i was in shock when i saw how close our bracket was to the game and in bigger shock as it played out nearly the same .. crazy..

tee- i still have that game- wish my ps3 would play it. i usually hit up college hoops 2k8 and did so in a season with mcw and company. Funny enough before the tourney i had cuse as a 1 seed, the game had me in a bracket with cal as the 8 , iu as the 4 and marquette as the 7 - i beat cal in the 2nd round and then iu in the swt 16 and marquette in the elite 8 just like it really happed- i didnt mention it in order not to jinx.. since i then lost to .. yes believe it- michigan in the national semi- final was won by uk beating um. Also had a diff first round opponent.. i was in shock when i saw how close our bracket was to the game and in bigger shock as it played out nearly the same .. crazy..
Freakish coincidence, and yeah I absolutely would not have mentioned it in fear of jinx while tourney was going on :)
So cool that you are playing with MCW. I can create guys in this one, might have to make 2013 team!
Still, going to kick Kentucky's blue tooshies right now...
SUball

yeah in 2k8 ppl spend the hours to update rosters and share them so i downloaded an updated one. was rewarding beating gtown 3x in the game haha.. im hoping to get the march madness game signed by some more of the team - got gerry, hak and q's sig on it so far.

yeah in 2k8 ppl spend the hours to update rosters and share them so i downloaded an updated one. was rewarding beating gtown 3x in the game haha.. im hoping to get the march madness game signed by some more of the team - got gerry, hak and q's sig on it so far.
I might have to seriously get with the times and upgrade for this game alone, not to mention my boy is becoming a gamer.
Your post alone deserves one of these new jammies.
tee.jpg

Been thinking about getting 2k8 for the 360. You can't update conferences, can you?

Been thinking about getting 2k8 for the 360. You can't update conferences, can you?

you can but its a pain as you can only switch out one team for another.. so have to say trade wvu to the b12 but add that team to the big east so not really ..

Hey, the Frozen Four championship game between Yale and Quinnipiac is pretty good in 3rd period right now). Much better than watching the NHL because they actually play HOCKEY... and don't just get into fights

Hey, the Frozen Four championship game between Yale and Quinnipiac is pretty good in 3rd period right now). Much better than watching the NHL because they actually play HOCKEY... and don't just get into fights

I follow UAF hockey up here, and you're right. The saying is "you go to a nanooks game to watch hockey, and you go to an ice dogs game to get drunk and watch them fight" I enjoy both lol

I always try to pick up on the NBA playoffs as well and the Knicks should be able to make the Eastern Conf Finals plus they have played Miami well and I'd expect them to win 2 games against Miami and hey you never know.

VT my wife is always trying to figure out what hit her around this time if year I always explain it away as spring but hey I need to fill all those hours of SU obsession some how and the kids still go to bed early so . . . . .
Add your family photo here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom