Anyone going to Wisconsin? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone going to Wisconsin?

Zippy1808

2nd String
I got a cheap plane ticket so i'm flying up on a whim from Florida for one night.

If anyone has an extra ticket - or wants to go in on a pair - please let me know!

It's like Czechoslovakia. What could happen?

I'm flying to Milwaukee and driving... quick 80 miles.
Looks like Minneapolis is about 4 hours?
Remember, game time is 6:30 local which means one extra hour to get home!

I watched Wisconsin play last night and they looked pretty darn good. Their point guard, Koenig, is from my home town of LaCrosse. I will be eager to see how we look against quality competition. As will we all.

That will be a great litmus test game for us. Almost nobody goes into Madison and wins against them, so we shouldn't necessarily even expect a win. Should just be looking how they compete and how they do against a upper caliber team on the road. It is a good game for our team win or lose. If we win, it'll catapult us into the Top 10 for certain.

I watched Wisconsin play last night and they looked pretty darn good. Their point guard, Koenig, is from my home town of LaCrosse. I will be eager to see how we look against quality competition. As will we all.

They did look pretty good, hopefully they beat gtown tonight. I am hoping maybe to catch them a little flat coming back from Maui.

I have a good friend here who grew up in Lacrosse too. Only bad thing is that he went to ND along with most of his family ;) Other than that he's a great guy. He's been singing Bronson's praises for a few years as well.

I'm flying to Milwaukee and driving... quick 80 miles.
Looks like Minneapolis is about 4 hours?
Remember, game time is 6:30 local which means one extra hour to get home!

5 hour drive, thereabouts.

They did look pretty good, hopefully they beat gtown tonight. I am hoping maybe to catch them a little flat coming back from Maui.
Just like they caught us out after the Bahamas. I want payback! Wisconsin was not supposed to be all that good last year, and I was feeling so cocky after our tourney championship. And we looked awful against the Badgers, flat, listless. The next day we found out about Boeheim's suspension. I can't help but think he knew about it during that game, and perhaps the team did as well.

The rest of the season was like dissociative identity disorder, but it came out all right when it was most important.

That will be a great litmus test game for us. Almost nobody goes into Madison and wins against them, so we shouldn't necessarily even expect a win. Should just be looking how they compete and how they do against a upper caliber team on the road. It is a good game for our team win or lose. If we win, it'll catapult us into the Top 10 for certain.

Absolutely. This is a tough test. They will play great M2M. Get good shots. I'm most worried about Happ/Hayes inside and I don't think they are worried about our frontline. They could not have played worse and STILL won at the Dome. Madison is a tough venue like you say. I wish I could go. Madison has some of the best food in one of the more eclectic college towns. GREAT town.

Last year Wisconsin had 20 turnovers, shot 5-18 from 3, Syracuse had 8 steals, and Wisconsin scored only 5 points in OT and won! I know they killed us on the boards and we missed FTs but it turns out we were a bad rebounding team so that is who we were and they were a good rebounding team. They will be confident knowing they played so poorly yet won, I think.

Last edited:
Absolutely. This is a tough test. They will play great M2M. Get good shots. I'm most worried about Happ/Hayes inside and I don't think they are worried about our frontline. They could not have played worse and STILL won at the Dome. Madison is a tough venue like you say. I wish I could go. Madison has some of the best food in one of the more eclectic college towns. GREAT town.

Last year Wisconsin had 20 turnovers, shot 5-18 from 3, Syracuse had 8 steals, and Wisconsin scored only 5 points in OT and won! I know they killed us on the boards and we missed FTs but it turns out we were a bad rebounding team so that is who we were and they were a good rebounding team. They will be confident knowing they played so poorly yet won, I think.

Any Madison suggestions... send them my way!! (Will only be there one night)

Sure. What are you into food-wise? They have everything there. Also, New Glarus is awesome WI beer.
That is correct, you can find all types of ethnic restaurants all over downtown, especially along State St. As far as a true Wisconsin experience I would recommend a visit to the Old Fashioned right on the Capitol Square, brats, burgers and cheese curds with a great selection of local beers. For breakfast make a stop at Mickie's Dairy Bar at the intersection of Monroe & Regent St in the shadow of Camp Randall Stadium, it's a Madison institution.

Last edited:
Sure. What are you into food-wise? They have everything there. Also, New Glarus is awesome WI beer.
Any recommendations for quick service food (not chains of course) ... i worry time will be very tight and i want to leave time to see the Capitol. Any other "tourist" attraction recommendations on or off campus??

Any recommendations for quick service food (not chains of course) ... i worry time will be very tight and i want to leave time to see the Capitol. Any other "tourist" attraction recommendations on or off campus??

Sconniecuse has got you. That is why I love this board!

That is correct, you can find all types of ethnic restaurants all over downtown, especially along State St. As far as a true Wisconsin experience I would recommend a visit to the Old Fashioned right on the Capitol Square, brats, burgers and cheese curds with a great selection of local beers. For breakfast make a stop at Mickie's Dairy Bar at the intersection of Monroe & Regent St in the shadow of Camp Randall Stadium, it's a Madison institution.

Whatever happened to AJ Bombers, btw?

Whatever happened to AJ Bombers, btw?
Funny you would ask about AJ Bombers, I was at the Milwaukee one just a few weekends ago. Apparently they just decided not to renew their lease, the Madison market is pretty saturated with those type of joints. Anyways a couple places I like to go for food in a pinch are Ian's Pizza and Parthenon Gyros, both located right on State St.

Funny you would ask about AJ Bombers, I was at the Milwaukee one just a few weekends ago. Apparently they just decided not to renew their lease, the Madison market is pretty saturated with those type of joints. Anyways a couple places I like to go for food in a pinch are Ian's Pizza and Parthenon Gyros, both located right on State St.

Interesting. AJ Bombers isn't usually my type of spot but it seemed like a Madison institution and it WAS super cool. The peanut delivery system is of course awesome. I was only there once. One of the best Ethiopian restaurants I've ever been to was in Madison, though.

I sometimes go to Madison for non-leisure activities, but if you could tell me more about what's to do in the town, I'd be super grateful! If you want to do it in PM, that'd be fine.

Anyone have any suggestions for those on a budget, or is fast food the best option? For me it's a 14+ hour drive per mapquest. I think about half the trip i can safely do 82 mph though, and cut some time off of that.

Can anyone confirm they are going? I'd love to partner up with AT LEAST one person so I am not alone in a sea of badger fans. I am kindly and humbly asking. I will be well behaved unless youd rather I get rowdy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom