anyone with es__ Insider? | Syracusefan.com

anyone with es__ Insider?

pearl31

in cahoots
Just curious where Ford has our SU guys in his updated "big board"...

Found G...196th, the 50th overall SF...

That's screwy. He has 5'9" Kay Felder listed as his 17th overall SF...haha

thx. makes one think Mal will need massively impressive workout/measurements to stay in draft

Well his ranking on the big board also directly contradicts Ford's update from last week that I posted on the board about Mal being a potential 1st rounder.

Well his ranking on the big board also directly contradicts Ford's update from last week that I posted on the board about Mal being a potential 1st rounder.
yep - I guess we should go with the most recent update??

Not really. He said his stock is up from the Tourney run and he could work his way into the 1st round.

Not really. He said his stock is up from the Tourney run and he could work his way into the 1st round.

That and being ranked the #76 prospect in a draft with 60 slots & with a late 2nd/undrafted grade sure seem a bit like different things to me.

That and being ranked the #76 prospect in a draft with 60 slots & with a late 2nd/undrafted grade sure seem a bit like different things to me.
I don't know if the top 100 is updated to his current thoughts, but he has the Stock Up/Down article listing Mal and Lydon as up.

I'd have to believe most of the guys after the lottery all the way down to 100 have a shot to impress in workouts and move up. Anybody, especially a freshman with good size, can kill the workouts and move into the top 20...

I don't know if the top 100 is updated to his current thoughts, but he has the Stock Up/Down article listing Mal and Lydon as up.

I'd have to believe most of the guys after the lottery all the way down to 100 have a shot to impress in workouts and move up. Anybody, especially a freshman with good size, can kill the workouts and move into the top 20...

I was thinking the same thing about the big board, I don't think that gets updated with nearly the same frequency as he pops out those mocks.

I was thinking the same thing about the big board, I don't think that gets updated with nearly the same frequency as he pops out those mocks.
not sure, but the teasers today on espn's college hoops homepage say it's his updated big board

not sure, but the teasers today on espn's college hoops homepage say it's his updated big board

Appears that article is just his new updated Top 30 along with next 5 in. No Mali among those 35 listed but I would anticipate he would be in the next 10 or so after that once the full board is updated.

Appears that article is just his new updated Top 30 along with next 5 in. No Mali among those 35 listed but I would anticipate he would be in the next 10 or so after that once the full board is updated.
I forget, Ford has one of the more reputable "boards"? Who else?

is ford the guy boeheim called an idiot last year with mccollough? not sure if he used that exact term but basically says he knows nothing.

is ford the guy boeheim called an idiot last year with mccollough? not sure if he used that exact term but basically says he knows nothing.

I think so. He's also the guy that Deadspin caught retroactively changing his draft predictions years later to be more in line with actual performance. In other words, he's a douche.

I'd be surprised if Mali is that low--would expect that our postseason run got a lot of exposure for him, especially his performance in the 2nd half against UVa. BUT this is good news, IMO, for SU.

Even if he comes up a bit on those rankings, I'd have to imagine that this would be close to the info he's going to get from NBA evaluators if he dips his toe in the water this offseason. I actually like the new rule--A LOT. It replaces misinformation from agents / non-connected people blowing smoke in prospects' ears with hard data from NBA types.

I'd be surprised if Mali is that low--would expect that our postseason run got a lot of exposure for him, especially his performance in the 2nd half against UVa. BUT this is good news, IMO, for SU.

Even if he comes up a bit on those rankings, I'd have to imagine that this would be close to the info he's going to get from NBA evaluators if he dips his toe in the water this offseason. I actually like the new rule--A LOT. It replaces misinformation from agents / non-connected people blowing smoke in prospects' ears with hard data from NBA types.

I wouldn't say replaces but it certainly tones it down a bit.

Sure is. But he was right all along that McCullough was going to be a 1st rounder I suppose.

I honestly don't know if any of these main guys like Ford, DraftExpress or Nbadraft.net have many actual sources or if its all just a bunch of for us to click on and get worked up about.

I wouldn't say replaces but it certainly tones it down a bit.

I'm not suggesting that agents won't always be whispering in kids' ears. I'm just saying that instead of random promises from agents / vague information that doesn't come from NBA front offices, etc. that kids will now have access to tangible data that provides a benchmark about where they'll get drafted. Instead of heresay, they'll get an objective number which will show where they can expect to get drafted.

Some kids might still ignore that data and take the plunge. Others might be disappointed by what they learn, but at least now they have a chance to return to school instead of being SOL and not drafted or drafted quite a bit lower than expected.

Last edited:
Sure is. But he was right all along that McCullough was going to be a 1st rounder I suppose.

I honestly don't know if any of these main guys like Ford, DraftExpress or Nbadraft.net have many actual sources or if its all just a bunch of . . . . for us to click on and get worked up about.

did he say 1st rounder or lottery pick? mccollough went 18th which i believe is outside the lottery.

did he say 1st rounder or lottery pick? mccollough went 18th which i believe is outside the lottery.
CMC went 29th, barely sneaking into the 1st. And if it weren't the Nets with their lack of future 1st round picks and needing to go after a high upside player, I'm not sure anybody else would take him there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom