April 2, 2016 Spring Game Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

April 2, 2016 Spring Game Thread

155 plays! And we will never see them that slow again!* Football in the Dome will be fun this fall.

*I know this was a scrimmage and expecting 155 plays from the offense won't happen, but if one cuts the plays in half for both "teams" to have possessions, that is still 77.5 each and we will never see them that slow again!

Was a lot of fun, my daughter got to run through the drills...absolutely hysterical. Rob Long looked good, was taller than I expected him to be, seemed like a great kid.

Delone Carter is a large guy...

I used to loathe the tv timeouts while at the game but with this offense they may become a welcome respite. Fooled with a cell phone for a few mintes and i think i missed about 60 yards of offense.

We are all excited about the new offense; I would like to mention a couple of D players. if Steven Clark was. Cartoon character he would be He Man. "I am the power." It was fun watching Shy Cullen, as well as Troy Henderson flying all over. There is a reason the Good Lord did't make Mr Cordy any bigger. If he did, I think he would be lethal.

Kind of OT, but I have to admit I liked the background music played throughout the scrimmage. Same stuff played during practices, from what I've read.

I wonder if Coach Babers will be taking in the Santana concert at Turning Stone?

CuseOnly said:
Was a lot of fun, my daughter got to run through the drills...absolutely hysterical. Rob Long looked good, was taller than I expected him to be, seemed like a great kid. Delone Carter is a large guy...

Carter's biceps make my thighs look tiny.

marc_price.jpg

Well it's looks like people tweeting and the PS crew did a good job of updating. Some observations I had:

Strickland is a big time player. I think the staff will utilize him and he'll put up some real nice numbers.

Dungey is the truth. I know most of you already know this but he's capable of putting up monster numbers. I think he gets all-Acc honors if he stays healthy.

Pace, pace, pace. If that is even 75% of the pace we'll play at in the fall we're going to score a lot of points. The d was constantly late subbing. I really think this will help take some pressure off our O-line.

I can't help get but get excited thinking about all the talent we have at skill positions. They will flourish in the system. Still thin at outside wr. We are stacked at rb and inside wr. Neal is going to be dynamite. Throw in Ervin, Fredericks, and Perkins and there is a lot to like.

I think Slayton will be our breakout defensive player this year.

Other d guys who flashed were Clark, Cordy, R. Williams, and Shy.

Thought the kickers looked solid.

All in all, it was a great event. Kind of wish there was a longer half time. Was upgrading my seats and it took quite awhile with the line being fairly long.

LGO

Well it's looks like people tweeting and the PS crew did a good job of updating. Some observations I had:

Strickland is a big time player. I think the staff will utilize him and he'll put up some real nice numbers.

Dungey is the truth. I know most of you already know this but he's capable of putting up monster numbers. I think he gets all-Acc honors if he stays healthy.

Pace, pace, pace. If that is even 75% of the pace we'll play at in the fall we're going to score a lot of points. The d was constantly late subbing. I really think this will help take some pressure off our O-line.

I can't help get but get excited thinking about all the talent we have at skill positions. They will flourish in the system. Still thin at outside wr. We are stacked at rb and inside wr. Neal is going to be dynamite. Throw in Ervin, Fredericks, and Perkins and there is a lot to like.

I think Slayton will be our breakout defensive player this year.

Other d guys who flashed were Clark, Cordy, R. Williams, and Shy.

Thought the kickers looked solid.

All in all, it was a great event. Kind of wish there was a longer half time. Was upgrading my seats and it took quite awhile with the line being fairly long.

LGO
Good post - agree with everything you said. I would add that Womack is a kid to watch - he is going to be a good wideout. Dungey was very accurate and threw just about every type of pass - even throws the bubble screen correctly!
Ruff and More Neal are great additions.
Talking to the players afterwards it is evident they have bought in to the program. A new day at the dome.

Good post - agree with everything you said. I would add that Womack is a kid to watch - he is going to be a good wideout. Dungey was very accurate and threw just about every type of pass - even throws the bubble screen correctly!
Talking to the players afterwards it is evident they have bought in to the program. A new day at the dome.

Agreed, I forgot about Womack! I asked him after if he was in bounds on that sick catch, and he said 100%! I thought the players were really excited about the future!

One other note, Judge Culpepper seemed to be really enjoying himself. I told Rex to keep working on him!

I like that "More" Neal mis-type, Crusty! Looking forward to More Moe!

I like that "More" Neal mis-type, Crusty! Looking forward to More Moe!
Lol. Saw that typo and decided to leave it! Win or lose this year is going to begin. Upgraded my season tickets as well. Went to Gem Diner and Wegmans. Now all we have to do is win both this weekend and it is a perfect trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom