are the thunder in trouble? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

are the thunder in trouble?

they have won titles - 'The King' still has not

take away Pippen, and Jordan still would have had a few titles - take away Jordan and Pippen had none

Shaq won on multiple teams -- take him out of the equation and those teams do not win

they have won titles - 'The King' still has not

take away Pippen, and Jordan still would have had a few titles - take away Jordan and Pippen had none

Shaq won on multiple teams -- take him out of the equation and those teams do not win

And if Miami wins this year, they wouldn't have won without Lebron. If you take Lebron off them this year, they wouldn't be close to the finals. They would've lost in the second round after Bosh got hurt.

And if the Heat win, it will be noted that he needed Bosh's monster game 7 against Boston to even get to the finals and he needed wade, bosh, and battier to do it.

Of course this is true. How is this supposed to be a knock on him? You need contributions from your teammates to win games, no one can win a game by himself. But Lebron has carried Miami the entire playoffs. That's what superstars are supposed to do.

OKC just doesnt look ready to win the Title yet. Aside from the run they put on Miami in Game 1 where they just buried them, they arent executing particularly well in late game situations. Also they are one of the best free throw shooting teams in the league, yet they are missing free throws like its going out of style. Unfortunately Miami has the killer look and at this point im relegated to the thought that Miami is going to take home the trophy. Tues night is make or break for the Thunder.

I didnt get to watch the game last night but I noticed Miami made their run to end the 3rd quarter and go into the 4th with the lead with Durant and Westbrook out. Was Durant's foul trouble justified? I hate how the last 2 games Durant has been saddled with foul trouble.

If Miami does win the title this year, it will be noted that Lebron needed FOUR other teammates on the court with him at all times in order to win the games.

I didnt get to watch the game last night but I noticed Miami made their run to end the 3rd quarter and go into the 4th with the lead with Durant and Westbrook out. Was Durant's foul trouble justified? I hate how the last 2 games Durant has been saddled with foul trouble.

Iffy. I think the big thing is I believe Brooks rested Westbrook at the same time Durant was on the bench. I don't think you can justify that. (Actually, Ibaka may have been on the bench as well).

In a finals game like that, I don't think you can be sitting 3 of your top 4 guys, or even Westbrook and Durant at the same time.

I think LeBron's pep rally with the championship guarantees was stupid, and pretty arrogant because it showed that he didn't understand how hard it is to win one.

On the other hand, I could care less about the decision. Some made-for-TV BS scripted by the NBA to turn this guy into the ultimate league lightning rod? Whatever... seemed like nothing more than a marketing ploy that has paid off bigtime for the league, one that the haters have bought hook, line, and sinker.

If I am David Stern..I do everything in my power to have OKC win. Imagine another year with all this attention and eyeballs on Lebron? If the Heat win, whats the story line next season? What would ESPN/NBA TV talk about?

I am looking forward to repeats of this MIA/OKC Finals the next few years.

Will anyone ever approach the gold standard set by Jordan from '91-93 and then '96-98, during which he averaged 102 pts, 45 rebs and 28 assts per game?

How many other guys have averaged 30/10 for 4 playoff series before? That list cant be very long...

It's just kind of crazy what he is doing, like i said, he's putting up big man numbers; those are numbers you'd expect to see from Moses Malone or Kareem or Shaq, not a 3 man. I think the assists are down the last few games, though I don't think anyoine is complaining about it.

If Bron continues to work exclusively out of the post in half court type basketball..I imagine the assists are going to be way down. Miami seems to have found something here that really changed the way they play. They rarely used Lebron in the post during the regular season. When he passes out of the post, the Heat are doing a great job swinging the ball to find the open man. Lebron doesnt have to just create everything off the dribble now, which makes Miami infinitely more dangerous.

Still, I feel like OKC hasn't played that well and MIA has played great. Durant and Westbrook are going to have some monster games here coming up..I don't think MIA has the answers for them defensively through a long series.

If Bron continues to work exclusively out of the post in half court type basketball..I imagine the assists are going to be way down. Miami seems to have found something here that really changed the way they play. They rarely used Lebron in the post during the regular season. When he passes out of the post, the Heat are doing a great job swinging the ball to find the open man. Lebron doesnt have to just create everything off the dribble now, which makes Miami infinitely more dangerous.

Still, I feel like OKC hasn't played that well and MIA has played great. Durant and Westbrook are going to have some monster games here coming up..I don't think MIA has the answers for them defensively through a long series.
In the past 2 games Miami has played about as well as I can see them playing. LBJ has been incredible, Wade is back on superstar level. Bosh is playing very good considering. Battier has been unconscious, their defense has been great. Role players stepping up...and I also agree that OKC has been very mediocre for how good they are. We'll see what happens.

I think as soon as we think we have everything figured out, it shifts. So OKC probably takes game 4.

Durant is due for one of those 42/12 type games, willing OKC to victory. Lebron might eventually have one of his "passive" games where he waits too long to let the game come to him and Wade will throw a clunker out there soon as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom