Are there any urologists here? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are there any urologists here?

I find that pounding my doctor via their online portal messaging system works. Or call right now first thing in morning.
Docs today are scared - because of ICD-10 - to tell non patients anything.
There should be an ICD-10 code with the diagnosis:

Sounds like things went OK, Dash. Glad to hear it.

As a fellow "guy of a certain age", I have had more interactions and procedures with my urologist through the years than I care to think about.

I once said to him "how come everything you do to me is very uncomfortable at best and totally degrading at worst?" He laughed and said "hey, this is my job!"

The word today is Benign. And it was. No big problem. Their lingo could
be a lot clearer though.
I was introduced to a Urologist back in July 2020 after an incident of blood in my urine. Unfortunately, the term benign wasn't used in my case. Fortunately, my cancer was limited to the bladder lining. Two surgeries, 21 BCG treatments, and 10 cystoscopies later, all is well. Btw, cystoscopies are much better than treatments in that there is a camera and the instrument can be manipulated to avoid the prostate. During treatments, there is no camera.

IMG_0477.jpeg
I know a proctologist

It is fine. I love a good joke especially if it is at me. I got a medical report after a test yesterday and I have no idea what it means. I looked it up on the internet and it didn't say oh, no. Go to the E.R. right away. But it didn't say no problem either. Of course my Dr failed to call me.
If you PM me the report, I can have my husband take a look at it. He’s a pathologist. Same thing is urologist. :rolleyes:

It is fine. I love a good joke especially if it is at me. I got a medical report after a test yesterday and I have no idea what it means. I looked it up on the internet and it didn't say oh, no. Go to the E.R. right away. But it didn't say no problem either. Of course my Dr failed to call me.
I thought I was on Reddit for a sec.

I'm not a urologist but I work on teams that design the devices (and the manufacturing lines) for all of the tools and scopes that get used. I've never had the opportunity to talk about that on the internets and 25 years on this board, so finally have my moment. I can die content now.

In other news dasher , given my years of pee-trough advocacy on this board, I'm disappointed you didn't reach out to me directly. Glad you're ok!

Urologist here, and not gonna lie. That looks pretty bad, I'm afraid we'll have to amputate.

But I have this lovely prosthetic to replace it

View attachment 230354

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom