are you going to watch the "Homer" broadcast of TruTV? | Syracusefan.com

are you going to watch the "Homer" broadcast of TruTV?

Shark58

BANNED
I'm not sure how this plays into my superstitions

a04DA.gif

I've started watching games with the sound off. Kind of like it.

I am not a fan of the ACCN people thus I am not because I don't like the Werme selection.

I need a good PBP person. Nantz sucks as well. I may listen to Ian Eagle on the radio.

Turner has a stable of SU graduates who could have done PBP and they chose the ACCN person.

I will probably listen to main broadcast for Raftery whining about Boeheim.

If it were Sean McDonough, Leo Rautins and any relevant former Cuse basketball player not named McNabb I'd consider

I'm considering watching it. I like the idea of the homer graphics, but it's just a disappointing crew, especially considering what Syracuse is known for. I already have it set to record though.

NO. Listening to Werme do the BC game was enough. Louie and Donavon are fine people but broadcasters? I think not.

Actually surprised Werme is still employed after his bad mouth at halftime of that broadcast.

If it were Sean McDonough, Leo Rautins and any relevant former Cuse basketball player not named McNabb I'd consider
Leo really should be doing this. there had to be something contractually that kept him from it. I get that Toronto-San Antonio is big, but for 1 night...

I would've loved Devo, it would've been 2 hours of F-bombs.

Get Leo for Monday. The NBA tends to leave that Monday free so the NBA alums of the teams can go to the game. If we beat UNC Carmelo will be courtside for the NC game on Monday.

If we win Monday. I would rather have Leo than Bouie.

Werme is the problem Turner dropped the ball with selecting him.

Get Leo for Monday. The NBA tends to leave that Monday free so the NBA alums of the teams can go to the game. If we beat UNC Carmelo will be courtside for the NC game on Monday.

If we win Monday. I would rather have Leo than Bouie.

Werme is the problem Turner dropped the ball with selecting him.
isn't Dick Stockton employed by turner??

whats he doing?

Ian Eagle.
Marv Albert.

anyone of the 1000s of other guys...

isn't Dick Stockton employed by turner??

whats he doing?

Ian Eagle.
Marv Albert.

anyone of the 1000s of other guys...
Stockton is still active.
Ian Eagle is doing the radio PBP
Marv hated doing college BB thus he stopped doing the tournament.

We also have Carter Blackburn, Andrew Catalon, Adam Zucker, Jason Benetti, Beth Mowins, Dave Ryan under the Turner/CBS stable.

This Werme guy is the ACC Network guy and he just doesn't scream the guy I want to hear on a Syracuse homer broadcast.

Dan Shulman who has family who went to Syracuse will be more of a homer towards Syracuse on the ESPN International broadcast with Jay Bilas.

Stockton is still active.
Ian Eagle is doing the radio PBP
Marv hated doing college BB thus he stopped doing the tournament.

We also have Carter Blackburn, Andrew Catalon, Adam Zucker, Jason Benetti, Beth Mowins, Dave Ryan under the Turner/CBS stable.

This Werme guy is the ACC Network guy and he just doesn't scream the guy I want to hear on a Syracuse homer broadcast.

Dan Shulman who has family who went to Syracuse will be more of a homer towards Syracuse on the ESPN International broadcast with Jay Bilas.

Albert does tourney games on the radio with Westwood one

I just hope anyone who constantly complains about the announcers biases remembers to watch this broadcast.

I just hope anyone who constantly complains about the announcers biases remembers to watch this broadcast.
Bouie and McNabb will be homers. Werme won't and he is the one who will force me to watch the main broadcast.

I wanted a true homer broadcast and Syracuse had the PBP bench to have a great broadcast for Orange fans.

Is Werme a Syracuse alum?
Yes. His selection honestly makes this Syracuse homer broadcast a lot less appealing. As his calls on the ACCN are neutral. I want a Sean McDonough who is pretending to be neutral but dying on the inside.

Marv wanted off the NCAA tournament as part of signing an extension with Turner for the NBA.
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...s-turner-brian-anderson-replaces-marv-albert/

You sure it wasn't Kenny Albert his son? Kenny does everything.
Four sports in four days
On October 25, 2009, Albert called the play-by-play of the Minnesota VikingsPittsburgh Steelers NFL game for Fox and then hosted the New York Yankees' locker room celebration after clinching the American League Championship Series that night. The following night he broadcast a Rangers game on radio and on October 28, he called the play-by-play of the New York Knicks season opener on MSG.

that was from Wikipedia.

but im sure I have seen him do a Yankee game on Fox in the afternoon and then a Ranger playoff game that evening too.

Nah, but I wouldn't mind seeing a replay if its available, kind of interested in seeing how Mcnabb does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom