Armory Square Parking/Trolley Lot | Syracusefan.com

Armory Square Parking/Trolley Lot

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I'm doing my edits for next year's guide.

I'm assuming if folks pregame in Armory Square...they can hop on the connective corridor bus or the Armory Square Buses run by some merchants

My questions for locals:

1. Has part of the Trolley Lot reopened yet for parking after the sewer/runoff project?
2. Best Armory Square Lots to park at on gameday?
3. Anyone besides Syracuse Suds running a gameday bus to the Dome? I need costs or if you need to buy a drink, etc to ride. Thanks for the help

You can view what I have so far
http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2015/01/syracuse-tailgate-and-visitors-guide-15.html

BTW, feel free to interject anything about ways to get to the Dome, great new restaurants, new motels, etc...

TM, I always look forward to your annual Guide. It's always full of information about the activities available in the different cities Syracuse is involved with.

When I visit other teams' sites and I see a question about Syracuse, I always refer them to your site and link it as well. :)

Mark,

There has been a bunch of new restaurants in the Armory. The newspaper has some recent articles on those. I'm really surprised someone hasn't set up a park and ride from the mall considering it now has a couple hundred bars and restaurants and a ton of parking. The open lot across from Kitty Hoynes is gone, there is the parking garage across the street. Not sure about the status behind the train tracks.

Mark,

There has been a bunch of new restaurants in the Armory. The newspaper has some recent articles on those. I'm really surprised someone hasn't set up a park and ride from the mall considering it now has a couple hundred bars and restaurants and a ton of parking. The open lot across from Kitty Hoynes is gone, there is the parking garage across the street. Not sure about the status behind the train tracks.
Yeah I'm hoping someone who gets down there often would know if you can still park in the Trolley Lot...it used to be a great spot to park.

Centro really should offer up a park n ride on gameday from Destiny.

I park here for work everyday. It's currently free, and has been for over the last calendar year with the exception two months it was closed.

I park here for work everyday. It's currently free, and has been for over the last calendar year with the exception two month is was closed.
Great so the Trolley Lot is back in business? So as you drive in the tunnel I assume it would be the lot to the right that is open? I assume the other side is now taken up with the new groundwater facility.

You guesstimate about 200 spots?

The Trolley Lot is open for business, but it's premature to assume the Connective Corridor service will be running in the fall.

If you can remember to jog my memory, Mark, drop me a line about that in July. There's a possibility that something's going to change in SU's new fiscal year.

A couple friends have been parking outside of business hours at a county owned lot at Lincoln Center (southeast corner of West Washington and South Clinton). It's a block from Clark's and apparently free after 6:00 p.m., metered before that. Not sure about the pay situation on Saturdays but it's a great location and a surface lot (with tailgating potential, of course).

Great so the Trolley Lot is back in business? So as you drive in the tunnel I assume it woud be the lot to the right that is open? I assume the other side is now taken up with the new groundwater facility.

The whole lot is open. They used very little space for construction. The main buildings are on the far right and far left of the lot. 95 percent of the spots that were there before are still there. I have been parking here for work since January of 2014 with the exception of March through July last year. It is good to go. They currently are not charging, but I would expect them to in the future. The lot has been free to park since January 2014.

The Trolley Lot is open for business, but it's premature to assume the Connective Corridor service will be running in the fall.

If you can remember to jog my memory, Mark, drop me a line about that in July. There's a possibility that something's going to change in SU's new fiscal year.

A couple friends have been parking outside of business hours at a county owned lot at Lincoln Center (southeast corner of West Washington and South Clinton). It's a block from Clark's and apparently free after 6:00 p.m., metered before that. Not sure about the pay situation on Saturdays but it's a great location and a surface lot (with tailgating potential, of course).

No cost for Lincoln Center on the Weekends.

It's walkable.

If you dont have a parking pass the Dome is terrible to find a place to park, its so not convienant and a joke.

Kitty Hoynes shares a bus with the Courtyard across the street. No charge to customers.

The whole lot is open. They used very little space for construction. The main buildings are on the far right and far left of the lot. 95 percent of the spots that were there before are still there. I have been parking here for work since January of 2014 with the exception of March through July last year. It is good to go. They currently are not charging, but I would expect them to in the future. The lot has been free to park since January 2014.
Another possibility...

pumpL2.jpg

The Trolley lot was my favorite tailgate spot. Wish they would bring back the train. If the the bus situation is easy and workable I would consider going back. and saving the 20 bucks a game I pay to tailgate at Adams and crouse.

Yeah I'm hoping someone who gets down there often would know if you can still park in the Trolley Lot...it used to be a great spot to park.

I'll be with CENTRO's lawyer this weekend. I'll bring it up to him.

If you dont have a parking pass the Dome is terrible to find a place to park, its so not convienant and a joke.

Funny you bring that up. I've lived in Syracuse for 12 years now almost, and everytime I leave the dome for Football, basketball etc... Everyone takes a left down Harrison and waits in traffic for sometimes over an hour just to get onto 81 to 690 or the Thruway.

We have season ticket holders for both sports that have been going to games for years, and I never understand why anyone tries to get on the highway off of Harrison street.

The better way to go is skip Harrison, go down until you reach Erie Blvd, and get on 81 or 690 that way.

Also much easier to park/tailgate/ go to marshall street if you park near Euclid or University AVE.

That being said, now I am going to have to wait in traffic after the Duke game because I gave everyone my secret.

many is the time you be out of your seat and on 81 in 15-20 min if you park at manley. much rather spend 10 min waiting and riding a bus than fighting traffic.

Kitty Hoynes shares a bus with the Courtyard across the street. No charge to customers.
This - combines one of the better developments to Armory Square (for me, anyway.) The new Courtyard and Residence Inn (share same building) offer a shuttle on Gameday and offer a new hotel to the area, and with the Residence Inn, you actually have a place that can accommodate families. There are indeed suites hotels in Syracuse that can offer larger rooms, but this new hotel has been great. I stay there for work when I am in town and has been our go-to for game weekends.

I'm surprised they don't. Seems like a no brainer. Any one know if they still do one from Great Northern?

I'm doing my edits for next year's guide.

I'm assuming if folks pregame in Armory Square...they can hop on the connective corridor bus or the Armory Square Buses run by some merchants

My questions for locals:

1. Has part of the Trolley Lot reopened yet for parking after the sewer/runoff project?
2. Best Armory Square Lots to park at on gameday?
3. Anyone besides Syracuse Suds running a gameday bus to the Dome? I need costs or if you need to buy a drink, etc to ride. Thanks for the help

You can view what I have so far
http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2015/01/syracuse-tailgate-and-visitors-guide-15.html

BTW, feel free to interject anything about ways to get to the Dome, great new restaurants, new motels, etc...
Kitty Hoynes provides a bus to and from games.
Trolly lot has been shady lately...robberies etc
Sharkey's in Liverpool i believe runs buses as well

This - combines one of the better developments to Armory Square (for me, anyway.) The new Courtyard and Residence Inn (share same building) offer a shuttle on Gameday and offer a new hotel to the area, and with the Residence Inn, you actually have a place that can accommodate families. There are indeed suites hotels in Syracuse that can offer larger rooms, but this new hotel has been great. I stay there for work when I am in town and has been our go-to for game weekends.
I would love to stay there. Little pricey I find.

Kitty Hoynes provides a bus to and from games.
Trolly lot has been shady lately...robberies etc
Sharkey's in Liverpool i believe runs buses as well

I called Shakey's..they ended the shuttles.

I would love to stay there. Little pricey I find.
It is pricey, but when I've stayed there for games it is on Marriott Rewards points. I travel a lot for business, which allows me to earn the points :).