Army Attendance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Army Attendance

Thinking mid 30's might be the ceiling for Sat, that ticketmaster map that Axe posted is brutal. The one for Clemson not looking much better either.

About 35k is what I’m guessing

That would be disappointing, coming off of that big B1G road win last week.

It would be for sure but not totally surprising. Maybe its because of last year's really good start but there still isn't really a big buzz locally for the team. The noon kick and lack of any real promotion from SU is also a major issue.

Army crowd will be mediocre but I do think they'll be a decent push for Clemson especially with get-in prices cheaper than years past. Though if Clemson beats FSU prices will go up and tickets fast.

It would be for sure but not totally surprising. Maybe its because of last year's really good start but there still isn't really a big buzz locally for the team. The noon kick and lack of any real promotion from SU is also a major issue.

I just want the players / coaches to come out of the tunnel to a generally packed Dome [doesn't have to be a sell out].

They've earned it, and they deserve it.

35K would be disappointing. 38K would be the bottom mostly full, and most of the top full [especially if people spread out]. That's what I want to see -- a solid crowd, with no big pockets of empty seats. Again, not expecting a jam packed / standing room only sell-out.

Clemson game going to be hurt by a lack of their fans enthusiasm. Normally they’re good for 4-5K at least, this year it doesn’t look like they’re bringing those crowds.

I just want the players / coaches to come out of the tunnel to a generally packed Dome [doesn't have to be a sell out].

35K would be disappointing. 38K would be the bottom mostly full, and most of the top full [especially if people spread out]. That's what I want to see -- a solid crowd, with no big pockets of empty seats. Again, not expecting a jam packed / standing room only sell-out.

Think they may get that for Clemson. The Noon kick for an opponent like Army is a dead weight to the casuals/fence sitters.

Agreed. I think people in all of upstate New York have a fandom problem. I’m constantly having people ask me why I am a Cuse fan and if I “went there”. The latest offender was a New York raised Cowboys fan.

Really dude?

Last weekend my wife was in the grocery store with her ‘cuse shirt on and some random moron asked her if he could say “Orangeman anymore”.

The walk-up may be good and put us in a good position... right...??

I agree, sadly, most of central NY doesn’t see it as a priority and with little to no Syracuse marketing, hard to get people in the dome

Most don’t even know there is a home game this weekend I would bet

I agree, sadly, most of central NY doesn’t see it as a priority and with little to no Syracuse marketing, hard to get people in the dome

Most don’t even know there is a home game this weekend I would bet
I just cant stand this comment every year. 1. they do a ton of digital marketing and 2. how can you not know they play this saturday? Do you even want people like that in the dome?? Cuse can triple their marketing budget and you won't convert those dodos.

Because they have been good

Still doesn't make what I posted not true.

There's a stupid amount of non SU fans in CNY, that for whatever reason do not like the school, or Boeheim, or whatever, so they gravitate to Duke, UNC, UConn.

They actively root against the program
From 1991-2013, with Shaw and Nancy you had 2 people who didn't care about the fans. Those two turned a lot of fans away from the University.

I just cant stand this comment every year. 1. they do a ton of digital marketing and 2. how can you not know they play this saturday? Do you even want people like that in the dome?? Cuse can triple their marketing budget and you won't convert those dodos.

Too each their own, but I haven’t seen anything from the marketing department for this game?

Yeah the hard fires know there is a game but if you asked the average person on the street, they have no idea

Hopefully the wifi up helps with casual fans. I'm only half kidding -- the amount of younger fans I bring to games who complain about this...is substantial. I think it hurts us marginally in the attendance category. Not sure how much but definitely impacts things.

Schedule this year is the biggest offender.

Take care of business this week next will be 42.5 and that’s enough to make the building look full without being ridiculously crowded in the corners in the concourse, best of both worlds.

I think your second sentence hits the nail on the head. Along the lines of 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' kind of deal.

No doubt some layers here, however, the local Syracuse & vincinity community is pretty darn knowledgeable about football and hoops for sure. We were HUGE favorites against our first two inferior type opponents at home, and yes, did what was expected accordingly.

The road W last week against a P5 school in Purdue was solid, but it's Purdue, and getting a W against a brand such as them isn't going to pump up many, certainly not the casuals. For many, same deal as those 'ol signs back in the day before hoops games; "Big Deal" "Who Cares" etc. etc. Additionally, Purdue is 1-2, and most likely on the plight to finish the season in the neighborhood of .500.

Hopefully the wifi up helps with casual fans. I'm only half kidding -- the amount of younger fans I bring to games who complain about this...is substantial. I think it hurts us marginally in the attendance category. Not sure how much but definitely impacts things.

Schedule this year is the biggest offender.

Schedule this year is putrid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom