As crappy as that game ended…. | Syracusefan.com

As crappy as that game ended….

Jake

Mod
I feel better about the rest of the season and the offense now than I did after Liberty. We just weren’t going to beat ACC teams by handing the ball to #34 30 times a game.

Shrader had a rough start, but got better as the game went on.

the missed holding call was laughably horrific, but it only gets us into OT if it’s called. No idea what happens there.

Had no issue going for it on 4th and 2 early. We wanted to get the lead and set a tone for the offense.

Chestnut’s interception was the sickest individual defensive play I’ve seen in a long time.

the clock management at the end of the first half can’t happen. Not sure we would have got 3, but we had no chance. Needed to burn the first TO at the :21 mark

we didn’t make winning plays today. If #14 goes after the lateral harder, he gets it. If Wax doesn’t pull up, they might not get 3. Some of those plays have to be made…and you can’t point at the coaches.

the play calling was meh, but got better as the game went on. The one that really annoyed me was the 2nd and goal from the 7 with the QB draw - the roll out was working all game long. Shrader puts pressure on the defense, could have run it three times inside the 10.

ive seen enough ability from our receiving corps to not care what happens to #3. Hope he’s healthy, but if he’s pouting, then he should not get any special treatment to return.

Last edited:
Yeah, more than the refs the call on 2nd and goal on our last possession was my biggest issue with this game. You have 2 downs to try to score a TD and Gilbert basically punted that 2nd down with the QB draw. We get 7 there and the no calls don’t matter

I feel better about the rest of the season and the offense now than I did after Liberty. We just weren’t going to beat ACC teams by handing the ball to #34 30 times a game.

the missed holding call was laughably horrific, but it only gets us into OT if it’s called. No idea what happens there.

Had no issue going for it on 4th and 2 early. We wanted to get the lead and set a tone for the offense.

Chestnut’s interception was the sickest individual defensive play I’ve seen in a long time.

the clock management at the end of the first half can’t happen. Not sure we would have got 3, but we had no chance. Needed to burn the first TO at the :21 mark

we didn’t make winning plays today. If #14 goes after the lateral harder, he gets it. If Wax doesn’t pull up, they might not get 3. Some of those plays have to be made…and you can’t point at the coaches.

the play calling was meh, but got better as the game went on. The one that really annoyed me was the 2nd and goal from the 7 with the QB draw - the roll out was working all game long. Shrader puts pressure on the defense, could have run it three times inside the 10.

ive seen enough ability from our receiving corps to not care what happens to #2. Hope he’s healthy, but if he’s pouting, then he should not get any special treatment to return.
Did you mean #3?

If Wax doesn’t pull up, they might not get 3. Some of those plays have to be made…and you can’t point at the coaches.

I agree with everything else in your list but this is something I struggle with. Wax and Jones have had experience with really bad personal foul calls so I almost see him holding up when a qb is running to the sidelines. Should he have still pushed him out? Yes, but they’ve had bad flags thrown all year that I get slowing down there.

What I do think needs to happen is a rule change on qbs. If you’re running to the sideline, you either can get hit like everyone else or you can’t fake going out and then turn it up. They shouldn’t be able to have it both ways.

ive seen enough ability from our receiving corps to not care what happens to #3. Hope he’s healthy, but if he’s pouting, then he should not get any special treatment to return.
I still don't know if the unreviewed play was a catch or not. Do you? One view made it look like a good catch.

I still don't know if the unreviewed play was a catch or not. Do you? One view made it look like a good catch.
I thought the replays were inconclusive, but the receivers initial reaction was that it hit the ground. He would have protested more if he thought it was clean.

Gilbet turtled on the last drive. Agree with the roll out. Put Shrader in position to make plays.
As to Taj if hes still an issue give him the boot.
Another point 25 is a baller. Wish he played more.

Because we need to 100% move forward with GS and don’t need TD as a distraction or a way out for Dino. All development and effort should be put towards GS at this point.

Eh. I don’t think the previous QB needs to be off the team, just because he’s not starting anymore. Unless he’s being a problem - which there’s no reason to believe that he is as far as I can tell. I don’t see any evidence of a distraction.

I actually see ACC level talent all over the field. For me, the players are not the problem but the coaching staff is at this point. There’s some real legit players at Cuse and certain enough to be 6-6 yet I feel that’s a long ways away for some reason.

Florida State is not good.
We showed some promise offensively but this was the most winnable game left on our schedule.
I dont agree. FSU probably has one of the best DLs we will face all year. If we had thrown the ball and rolled Shrader earlier we win by 2 maybe 3 scores.
Any ACC team on the road is tough. Especially one with 4 and 5 stars all over the field.
Our best chance at wins will be at home.

I dont agree. FSU probably has one of the best DLs we will face all year. If we had thrown the ball and rolled Shrader earlier we win by 2 maybe 3 scores.
Any ACC team on the road is tough. Especially one with 4 and 5 stars all over the field.
Our best chance at wins will be at home.
I’ll take ESPN ACC writer and SU alum’s opinion over yours.

He breaks down every team and says FSU has a subpar DL this season. Don’t know where you get your take from but he actually looks at every team’s roster.

FSU is terrible. They are horribly coached. The defensive break downs they had were bad coaching. The kids shouldn’t be making those mistakes in game 5.

100’s

Just curious not only did Harris not make the trip today but neither did the punter Williams, but why do people think Harris stayed back for some type of disciplinary issue was there some rumors? He did miss a game earlier this season with an injury.

I thought the replays were inconclusive, but the receivers initial reaction was that it hit the ground. He would have protested more if he thought it was clean.
They only showed a quick replay or 2. Usually you get multiple slow-mo views. Maybe the receiver thought, as Dino and myself did, that the refs would stop the clock for an official review with only 20 seconds left in the half.

Gilbet turtled on the last drive. Agree with the roll out. Put Shrader in position to make plays.
As to Taj if hes still an issue give him the boot.
Another point 25 is a baller. Wish he played more.
Gilbert/Babers decided to play not to lose against Rutgers, Liberty, and FSU and have gone 1-2. If not for a huge play by the defense it would be 0-3. I just hope they realize this now and begin to play a bit more aggressive offensively. We will see. Shrader can throw it, just give him the chance. If it’s not there he can still scramble and turn a broken play into a positive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom